“This Campground was Amazing”

Antlers RV Park and Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Antlers RV Park and Campground
Tumwater, Washington
“This Campground was Amazing”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I love the long lead into the campground and the way it opens up into a wonderful place to spend several days. Sitting on the deck overlooking the lake was fabulous, and walking along the train tracks surrounded by red dirt was awsome. The owners were as sweet as can be and very helpful. If my dog could talk, she would "dito" what I am saying, as all 3 of us had the time of our lives. When we called this year to make a last minute reservation, the owner tried his best to find us a place. I will just make sure to book ahead, as this place is worth coming to year after year. This was the best camping trip so far!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank justsherry67

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
manteca
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This was our first time camping here and I would definitely go again. There were 25 of us from 40 to the age of 2. The campsites were very clean. We went in July so it was really hot but the pool was very refreshing. The only thing that is going to keep us from going back is that it was very difficult to park our boat in the campsite that we had. The actual campsite was huge. Just that when we tried to back it in the trees were in the way.....leaving your boat at the marina is an option just one that my husband won't do. Great place. Very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Oregon
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We stumbled upon this place after planning to stay at another site (unnamed) which was not at all what we expected. Marty and Nikki were the most helpful and gracious hosts. Marty came by to make his rounds on his cart just after we parked. He hooked up our sewer connection (even provided a missing connection not with our rented RV) and then dropped off a bundle of firewood. Complimentary! Also loaned us a cable wire someone had left behind in case we wanted to watch TV.
The owners leave a phone number on the office door and let you know you can call 24/7 if you need. And Virgil, the night security guard, makes the rounds so you feel safe.
We stayed at site 77 and it was a very large well maintained RV area. We biked to and from the laundry and showers in the main area. Only had two problems - the shower water varied between scalding and frigid, so made this a quick effort and constantly turning the knob. And a neighbor left his barking (yalping) dog out one night - I reported this to Nikki upion leaving and she said this was not the first complaint and they would talk to him again.
We also rented a patio boat from the business next door (not same owners i believe.) A bit pricey for an old boat, but fun to see the Lake.
Would LOVE to go back again sometime when the place is busier. At this time of year the store and food service weren't open yet for the season. But weather was great and kids enjoyed biking, playing on the playground, shooting hoops, etc.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank RBforMe
ankely
Reviewed 18 July 2008

I love Antlers RV
How can anyone beat an antler burger or their pancake breakfast! Antlers has a great nostalgic feel to it, very pleasant and comfortable for families. I never once felt like my kids couldn't walk down to the store by themeselves to get an ice cream or hang out at the deck. Tent camping is tent camping, you either love it or you hate it, but having showers so close and running water soo convenient makes if tolerable even for a hotel girl like myself.

• Liked — It's family friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — The HEAT! That and the Lake is reallly really low this year
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Concord, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2008

We go to antlers rv and campground every memorial weekend and have for over 10 years .
WE RENT AN RV AND RV SITE AND JUST KICK BACK. Some of our group have tent sites, we use to but we LOVE the rv's. AND Sometimes it would rain and it was a mess. Since we started renting the RV there has not been a bad down poor
( GO FIGURE).

Anyway the new people (nikki) that own Antlers now are way better than the other owners (Debbie and family)

They are way more friendly and professional.
YES the tent bathrooms a little small and the doors on womens stalls could be a little more discret, but they are kept super clean, I have seen cleaners in there at least twice a day if not more. As for the wasps you are camping outdoors and guess what...there are bugs. Our children have never and I repeat never gotten poisin oak or ivy, and again you are camping in a Forest

If it were not soooo far away from the bay area we would go a lot more ofter.
Our boys (4) were pretty much raised camping here and now our grandsons(2) get to enjoy it.
With all the bad things the previous poster wrote I cant see why they would want to go back, as for us and our group (20+ sites) WE ABSOLUTLY LOVE THE NEW OWNERS AND CANT WAIT TO GO BACK.
We did encounter a bear once and it was a tad bit scary, but made for a good story back home. and that was once in 10+ visits. ANYWAY I dont think they have the bear problem any longer
Cathy
Concord

• Liked — the great outdoors and kicking back (camping)
  • Disliked — having to leave paradise
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2005

I just got back from a camping trip with my family@ Antlers RV Park & Campgound in Lakehead CA. Antlers is conveniently located and very easy to get to. Just off Highway 5 at the north end of Lake Shasta it is only 30 minutes north of Redding, CA.

Just like the name implies, Antlers Rv park & Campgrounds has spaces for you traditional tent camping enthusiasts and RV spaces with full hookups for those who rough it in style.
For registered guests, they offer amenities like a children's playground, ping-pong tables, horse shoe pitts, swimming pool, coin laundry, restrooms with showers, and a general store with a grille. There is Bingo on Monday nights, family Movies for the kids at 7pm, and on sundays there is an all you can eat pancake breakfast. All use of the on-sight activities like ping=pong & the pool, require guests to obtain a key or place a deposit for equipment at the the management office to insure that no unpaid rif-raff will be crashing the party.

There is a curfew for all guests under the age of 18 @ 12am midnite. No loud music or noise after 11pm, and checkout is at 10am each day. walkway lights are turned out after midnight so as not to disturb your slumber, and ther is security 24/7 patrolling the facilities on the lookout for any suspicious behavior.

Antlers offer boat & personal watercraft rentals, and also have boat launching facilities right near by for those who already own a watercraft.

While I enjoyed my overall stay at Antlers I did have some minor gripes...

first of all the restrooms in the tent areas are small, the comode stalls have no locks, there were wasps in there, and there were no personal seat protectors..(aka butt gasketts.) The restrooms in the RV section are much nicer, more roomy and have locks on the stalls.

Second, We rented a pontoon boat for 4 hours at the price of $150.00.. plus $20.00 insurance, and a security deposit. The boat was a floating porta potty! It had a toilet on board that smelled terrible and made the excursion very unpleasant. We barbecued on the gas grill that was mounted at the front of the barge, and even though our burgers were cooking away nicely on the gas grille, the pungent oder of poop, permeated the air and spoilled everyone's appetite. Also the boat floor was very slick and could have used skid tape to prevent the nasty falls our several of us had while attempting to navigate on board after swimming. On a safety note: The latches on the gates & rails were very flimsy and could easily be an accident waiting to happen if a little one should fiddle for more than a second with them... So be extra watchfull of your little ones if you choose to renta one of these things.. Top speed was not top, and you should not expect to tow a raft or innertube with these things... it's like driving a big old cadelac when every one else is speeding along in fararri's...

And finally... The tent sites were a bit too close together with only a few trees and a huge amount of poison oak seperating them .. so be warned.. do not venture off into any bushes at the tent sites unless you want to be miserable with a rash from hell!!

If none of these things trouble you... then Camp away!!
Would camp here again? Probably,, yes.. My overall experience was a good one.. and the kids had fun.. that is the most important part of any trip. I will add a new review after my next trip to update y'all

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Owner at Antlers RV Park and Campground, responded to this review, 7 July 2005
I felt the need to respond to this review because I wanted to clarify a few points. My family & I have just recently purchased Antlers RV Park. We are doing as many improvements as time and funds allow. Yes, it is a work in progress, but it is still a wonderful place to come. The main point I needed to clarify is that the marina mentioned in the review is a completely separate business from us. We have no control over how they operate. Please do not lump us into one business. Our employees work very hard to insure that the facilities at our park are well maintained and that customer satisfaction is always high. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
The Inn at Shasta Lake
The Inn at Shasta Lake
#1 of 2 in Lakehead
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
#22 of 36 in Redding

Been to Antlers RV Park and Campground? Share your experiences!