“Great trip on Shasta lake”

Antler Resort and Marina
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Antler Resort and Marina
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
Bishop, California
“Great trip on Shasta lake”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We rented a "ultimate cruiser" houseboat on Shasta Lake through Antler's resort for a week. Our trip was relaxing and the resort staff were friendly and very helpful......VERY helpful. The first morning we discovered that the coffeemaker on the boat did not work, so we called in. Not much later a staff person arrived to replace our coffeepot. Luckily he was through, as we discovered THAT coffeepot didn't work either because of the electrical outlet. So on our third coffeepot, we finished the week. The service was impressive particuliarly because we were about an hour and a half out of the marina, and they had to find us!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jan h

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Colfax, California
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We've been boating in CA for 50 years and this is by far the BEST marina we've ever been to. All the employees are cheerful and helpful and friendly. Joe, Chad and Sean made the renting of our patio boat for the week a delight. The Marina store is well stocked and the workers in there were great to work with too. Brandy in the office was also very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MamaKlein
Belmont, California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We've been going to Lake Shasta since 77' and have stayed and many places on and around the lake. For those that want an upgrade from camping or house boating this is a good choice. It has several cabins right on the lake overlooking the marina and lake. Its in a great location on the lake and far enough from the highway but not too far. They have a pool, hot tub, there's a small store snack shop nearby. If you don't have a boat you can rent one right there.

Room Tip: All the cabins have a great view, it just depends how big of one you want.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mgaff
Seaside, California
Reviewed 19 June 2012

How many of can say that about a childhood dream? That was exactly what my houseboat rental experience this last weekend was and in great part due to Antler's Resort and Marina..A family reunion was my reason for going there in the first place. My cousin owns her own houseboat and the rest of us rented from many other places. I chose Lake Head and Antlers because of my previous experience when I had moored out of there over 20 years ago..Antlers expert staff were beyond helpful, they were kind, fun, respectful and knew everything about the boat. Harry and Ian were our instructors. Thorough fore to aft in how we operated the boat and lake safety.
Our party ranged in age from 60 to 18 and a pretty diverse group of seasoned travelers, all of which have traveled internationally multiple times. We all loved the boat and were comfortable every moment we were on the boat. I picked up my Aunt and Uncle who are in their 70's and they too thought, as it is quoted in the Wind in the Willows, "its the ONLY way!" The kitchen could have used a dishwasher, but everyone cleaned up after themselves, and the trash compactor made it easy to manage the trash with the deck units. The bed was very comfortable and the access to the heads was very comfortable for me.
I have some mobility issues and I was not only accommodated but down right saved as my wheelchair literally skidded out of control on the dock. They were also so flexible. We all enjoyed the trip, the boat, the lake and came home tan and happy to have gone. I also saved alot of money by going to this company. the same week my cousins went to a competitor who I shall not name, charged the same amount of money for half of the bot. sleeps 6 vs. sleeps 12. No brainer there either, so my smile was as genuine as my tan line. I feel very glad that this was my first houseboat experience, it won't be my last. Nor will it be my last at Antlers

Room Tip: Make sure you have lots of options for abled and other abled people. Find a cove for family and stay...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ElWitt
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Our family just left Lake Shasta after a week on The Genesis. Talk about a great boat and a great vacation. We had 6 adults and 5 kids aboard this beautiful vessel. There was plenty of room for all of us to lounge about. The kids loved the slide and the hot tub. We had a few mechanical issues with our boat over the week span. We called over to the marina and someone came out right away to fix the problem. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure our vacation was top notch. Thanks again, Lawrence, for your hospitality. We will definitely be back to Lake Shasta and will only rent a houseboat from Antlers Resort and Marina. A-One Service!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank SharpeFamily4
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We have been renting houseboats on Shasta for years,this is the first time we have been there in October and it was great.we rented the genesis boat and it was excellent.everything on the boat worked great.the hot tub and the sky bar was a hit! The crew at the marina were great and explained the boat well. We had no problems. We drove the boat quite a bit over the 4 days and were pleasantly surprised the gas bill was only 275.00 . We will definately be back for the same boat and time next year.the only thing that would have been better was if they had one of the genesis boats with a 2 place jet ski ramp on the back as we had 2 standup jet skis that we didn't take because they are hard to tow, other than that it was a great time the avg day temps were 75 to 85 every day and plenty of water depth.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pat D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Antler's Marina and Resort runs the FINEST marina on the ENTIRE lake ! They own a fleet of BEAUTIFUL houseboats and bust their rearends to ensure that their customers get the BEST of everything that Shasta Lake has to offer. There is a very good selection of many different types, sizes and kinds of boats. You name it, they have it. These boats are spic and span from stem to stern backed up by a great team of proffesionals who know the boat business. I've rented boats and slips there for years and had nothing but a great time.We have also stayed in their lakeside cabins several times. They are warm, ( or cool ) cozy and charming, very very clean with everything included that you need for a great vacation including flatscreen TV's. And...they supply the firewood for the fireplace. The cabins have a million dollar view perched looking over the beautiful lake. Antler's Marina is a great place with a great staff and I can't wait to go back ! No worries there my friends, just go and check it out. Like myself and my family, you will be very happy that you did. It's a pretty cool place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#6 of 6 in Dunsmuir
The Inn at Shasta Lake
The Inn at Shasta Lake
#1 of 2 in Lakehead

Been to Antler Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!