“Great value”
Review of Neu Lodge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Neu Lodge Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
New York City, New York
“Great value”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed at Neu Lodge for 1 night during our visit to Shasta and found it to be a pleasant, clean and inexpensive place. The owners were very friendly and the motel was conveniently located. I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marvin1001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lakehead, California
Reviewed 30 January 2012

well I showed up at 11pm with my mother to drop her off and was greeted too a man with "no shirt!" really threw 2 woman off for a second, He took money but never gave a reciept let alone fill out any paperwork. The room was very nice until 8:30am when my mother was greeted by the shirtless owners wife! Who pounded at the door as if it was a bust!! She told my mom too vacate by 10:30am HOW EVER there flyer say's 11am!! We didnt tell them we had a dog as the dog wasnt going too stay but instead my mom felt better with her there, and later when she got home, the SHIRTLESS owner called my mom's personal home phone number just too ask for the "$10.00 pet fee!" AFTER she was rudely waken at 8:30 and vacated. my score is --->1

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Sheila K
Vancouver
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Guy opened us a window at 2AM, let us pick the room. He has a sense of humor. We liked vintage style decor. Our room had a Cold/Hot AC, M/W, Fridge, TV, Coffee maker w coffee. Quiet place with good size pool, huge green area w BBQ setup, gazebo and the best is: no no busy town around.
A lot for $50-60. Look at my pictures.

Room Tip: Do not expect Hilton and you will be happy. For a HWY motel this one is very good.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Number1Dock
Lumby, B.C.
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Don't know why some people are so disgrundled with their experience. I was treated respectfully by both the man and wife. Was allowed to check out the room before paying. The room was clean. The area was very quiet compared to other more expensive motels that I have stayed in. The room was fairly spacious, clean and everythi8ng worked. A great stay. Will come back again if passing through.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 5 October 2010

talked to nice wife who gave me one price and then her nasty grumpy husband processed my card for another higher price and when I mentioned his wife's quote he said "she was wrong" and that was it. I told him I would not be staying the night due to being lied to and they still charged my card which I will now have to dispute the charge

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Jane W, Manager at Neu Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
While this response is 3 years late, we wanted to apologize for the experience you had with the motel pricing. Since your stay in 2010, we have changed management. Thank you for your candid review. It helped us make the necessary changes to ensure this kind of experience does not happen again. We hope you considering staying with us next time and seeing our newly remodeled rooms and friendly management.
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Very nice off the main drag place to stay. Very scenic and quiet.

Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
san francisco
Reviewed 11 August 2006

We went up to the Shasta area for a week or so of relaxing. We stopped at the Neu lodge after reading about it online. The guy at the window/office was pretty rude. Would not let us look before paying. Said wehad already interupted his nap! I felt like we were annoying just by wanting to give the place our business.

There were nails sticking up through the carpet. Dirty. Not at all what we were expecting. I wasnt expecting first class-but really, this place is not worth it. The Lakehead Lodge down the road looked a lot better. Thankfully I didnt book the three days we were going to stay online-as they don't refund cancellations. We left after one night.

• Liked — nice back area
  • Disliked — staff/dirty
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank sillygiggle
Jane W, Manager at Neu Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
While this response is 7 years late, we wanted to apologize for the experience you had with the motel. Since your stay in 2004, we have changed management and have remodeled our rooms. Thank you for your candid review. It helped us make the necessary changes to ensure this kind of experience does not happen again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#11 of 36 in Redding
Travelodge Redding CA
Travelodge Redding CA
#5 of 36 in Redding

Been to Neu Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!