“Awful!”
Review of Neu Lodge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Neu Lodge Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
lafayette, ca
“Awful!”
Reviewed 17 June 2006

Do not stay here! Whatever you do just do not. NO service, dirty....

• Stayed June 2006
13 Thank mshab
Jane W, Manager at Neu Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
While this response is 7 years late, we wanted to apologize for the experience you had with the motel. Since your stay in 2004, we have changed management and have remodeled our rooms. Thank you for your candid review. It helped us make the necessary changes to ensure this kind of experience does not happen again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2005

Reading the horror story the other customer wrote was not the experience I had when staying at this motel. Not only were the rates very reasonable, the quality you received for them was excellent. For just a few dollars more than you would spend at a Motel 6, you received a spacious room with many extra perks. I was pleased with the refridgerators, microwaves, and coffee pots that were included and the surroundings were just beautiful! I like to take walks in the evening and did so as usual. After walking just a few hundred yards I was at the lake! It was so refreshing to look up at the surrounding mountains and feel the fresh air. It's nice to know places like this exist. I would definately recommend this motel to any traveler!

• Stayed August 2004, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 February 2005

I read the previous review of the Neu Lodge Motel on this website and was deterred from staying there on my last trip to Shasta. So, I stayed at another motel in Lakehead, and what an awful experience that was. Not thinking that my stay on Shasta Lake could get worse, the next day I went to the Neu Lodge and told the manager about the bad review and that I'd like to inspect the rooms before I would agree to stay. Well, I was surprised to say the least. The Neu Lodge is certainly not the Hilton, nor was I expecting it to be, but the room I inspected and stayed in was clean, quiet and nothing more or less than typical rustic accomodations so common to "small town" hotels. An occassional spider or grasshopper in Mountain environments is nothing to be alarmed about. I slept well that night, and would recommend this property to anyone who loves beauty, nature and simplicity. And by the way, I asked the Manager about the "higher" rate charged to the previous reviewer, and his reply was that most hotels have seasonal rates which are usually associated with Holiday's. Therefore, if you plan on traveling over the Holiday, prepare to spend a little more for lodging wherever you are.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 31 May 2004

I reserved a room at this property for the Memorial Day Weekend this year. When I got to the motel on Saturday the management had raised the price, 20 dollars per night, from the price quoted to me at the time of the reservation. Being as all the motels in the area are filled on this weekend, I was left with no option but to pay. When I walked into the room I was apalled. The carpet was dirty and looked as if it had not been cleaned in a long time, if ever. I also found a cricket right inside the door to my room and had to usher him outside. There were cobwebs everywhere and actually spiders inside the room too. I killed two of them right away. I pulled back the bedspreads to check the sheets and found a live spider under the sheets on one of the beds. The curtains did not fit the windows well and were old and dirty. The walls were dirty and needed a good painting. I happen to travel with Raid and Clorox Wipes so I brought them into the room and did a good once over. My friend and I were too nervous to sleep in the beds, so we brought our sleeping bags in from the car and slept on top of the beds in our sleeping bags. Needless to say neither one of us slept very well that night and the next morning we left the motel. Since I only stayed one night instead of two, the owner did reimburse my credit card for the unused night, with no hassel. His excuse for the spiders were that there were too many of them to spray for them and they just had to learn to live with them. I did not want any confrontation and did not mention how disgustingly dirty the room was. I just wanted to get as far away from that place as possible. I definately would not recommend that anyone stay at this motel.

• Stayed May 2004
17 Thank Teri S
Jane W, Manager at Neu Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
While this response is 8 years late, we wanted to apologize for the experience you had with the motel. Since your stay in 2004, we have changed management and have remodeled our rooms. Thank you for your candid review. It helped us make the necessary changes to ensure this kind of experience does not happen again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
#4 of 6 in Dunsmuir
Comfort Suites Redding
Comfort Suites Redding
#11 of 37 in Redding

Been to Neu Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!