“Affordable lodging near Lake Shasta” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shasta Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Shasta Lake Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
New York City, New York
“Affordable lodging near Lake Shasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at this comfortable motel for 3 nights in late August. Our room had a cabin-like feel with its dark wooden walls, and it contained all the amenities one expects from a lodge (it even had a large clothing rack to hang wet towels and swim suits).

The motel has a swimming pool, some two-seat swings and broad lawn space. Location wise, it's a convenient 30-second drive off highway 5 and within walking distance to Lake Shasta. Also, the family that runs the place were very friendly and helpful.

My only complaint is that the AC sounded like an industrial behemoth that produced at least 60 dB of noise. Seriously, I've never heard anything so loud in my life. And I couldn't even turn it off because it was 90-100 degrees throughout that weekend!

• Liked — great location
  • Disliked — loud AC unit
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2007

Unfortunately I booked 7 night at the Shasta Lake Motel and seriously considered leaving 4 days early in spite of their "no early" checkout policy-which should have been a warning. Instead I apologized to my family and stuck it out for 6 of the 7 nights-leaving 1 night early. Unless you are accustomed to one-star accommodations when you travel, don't stay here!
The room (#10) smelled to the point that I bought cans of Carpet Fresh, Febreze and Lysol. The furniture is old and dingy, and to describe this room as drab and dreary is an understatement. The refrigerator was beat up, appearing that it had at one point been inside someone's garage. I don't know about you by I don't have 5-gallon Chevron bucket of used oil sitting along the side of my house, as I did at the Shasta Lake Motel. The bar-b-ques were of course dirty, and two of the three that I looked at did not even have grills. The "grassy" area and the lawn furniture discarded upon it were ugly and unkempt. The shower constantly went from hot to cold no matter what time of the day.
The owner's do seem to be nice enough people on the surface, but they are doing their customers a big disservice due to a lack of attention to detail, cleanliness, and what seem to be (and I’m being polite) frugal business practices.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank gman92587
cprichar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2007

This was our second stay with Jay and Stephanie. We went to Shasta Lake to tent camp almost 5 years ago. When we arrived it was raining cats and dogs but we spotted their sign and luckily they had a room. I got the stomach flu and don't remember much of the next 30 hours except "life saving" popsicles provided by Jay and Stephanie. They were/are the best! The rooms are cozy, the rates are terrific, and you can’t beat the atmosphere. We feel like part of the family but if you read any of these reviews it seems like they make everyone feel that way not just us! The pool is refreshing after a day in and around the lake. The grounds are perfect for a picnic, bar-b-q, or stargazing. I could go on and on but how 'bout we just meet you there!

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — can't think of a thing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
12 Thank cprichar
lafayette, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2007

We just got home today and I wish we could have stayed longer. The motel owners are so nice and accomodating. It was very comfortable and relaxing. I am defintely going to book my next trip with them. We have stayed other places in Lake Shasta and this place is by far the best.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
10 Thank mshab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Ramada Limited Redding
Oxford Suites Redding
#2 of 36 in Redding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,205 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding

Been to Shasta Lake Motel? Share your experiences!