“Can't wait to go back! We want to rent out the whole place for a family reunion!”
Review of Shasta Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Shasta Lake Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were fortunate to find this diamond in the rough! The owners are great and make you feel at home. The rooms are very clean and you have easy access to the outside with chairs waiting for you to sit down and take in the outdoors.

I love the cabin feel (decor is old, but that's what makes this place so great) and some rooms even have their own kitchens. I stayed in a room with two queen beds with two other adults and we had plenty of room! I even forgot my purse on the front porch when we went to bed and it was there when I woke up!

The pool was clean and refreshing with towels provided by the motel. We sat by the pool and met people from around California, enjoying their company and sharing laughs. There is a great little restaurant right next door that offers great breakfast. They even have a store with anything you could need at very reasonable prices. We went out Saturday to a restaurant down the road (don't have to get on Hwy) that overlooked Shasta Dam or Lake (not sure) the view was awesome,food was great and the band kept everyone dancing under the stars with the moon in the background!

If you are looking for a great vacation, or just driving through I would recommend this place! Lots to do close by. The beauty of the mountains and the beauty of the people who runs this gem is what staying away from home is about!

Oh yea, dogs are allowed!

Thank you guys for such a great experience.

The Carpenter's and sister Sara

Room Tip: There is no bad room. We had room 10 towards the back and it was quite with lots of trees around the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara G

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Absolutely no complaints! This is our second year visiting Shasta Lake motel. We love this place and plan to return year after year! The rooms are dated, but clean and extremely accommodating. The owners are so friendly and thoughtful. We couldn't ask for a better stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great place to visit staff is amazing so friendly and caring room older but very nice and clean pool was awesome would recommend if your staying in lakehead to stay here. We just came up for a reunion at brigde bay but came a little further because people were more caring and nice place to stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

would stop here again given the chance. Lovely hosts, they work constantly on the property. Rooms are clean and quaint, what more do you need? Large pool, great towels, lots of fruit trees and flowers. A real Hacienda feel. Seems to be plenty of room to park your boat as well. Don't settle for any less, it's a bit of heaven off the freeway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

There are many good things to say about this motel. We stayed four days when we'd only intended one night. It is far enough from the freeway that traffic noise is faint.There are tall pines and covered places to lounge. The motel is old but very clean and the rooms are cute and individualized. We had a kitchenette and it was adequate for our needs. It is ideally located between Redding and Mt. Shasta. And, the price is right!

Where Lake Shasta Motel shines, however, is in what a good place it is for dogs. It is walking distance to the lake and in a fine little neighborhood. The long time owners are dog lovers. There is a large and varied play area for dogs. And, as long as you clean up after them and keep your dogs in sight [and they are the not biting kind], they can roam a bit. It is the only place we've ever stayed where our dog tried to stay behind when it was time to leave.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have been staying here weekly while working away from home. The owners have been more than accommodating and are very friendly. The rooms are always clean and the location is conveniently located near the freeway. I have been staying here on and off for the past year and a half, and have always had a great experience. The beds are comfortable, the refrigerators are ice cold, the tvs work just fine, and the rates are realistic. There's also chairs outside each room to sit and enjoy the fresh mountain air. The best part about it is they allow my little dog to stay with me and have grown quite fond of him. They have done their best to make it almost like a little "home away from home" for me while I stay there. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone in the area or just passing by.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Donald F
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The rooms were very cute and well maintained. the one I was bunked in had a very well put together fisher-mans theme. its almost right off the freeway so its easy to find and its only a few minutes away from a boat launch so you could go fishing at the lake!. I don't know if pets are allowed or not, but they had a few dogs roaming around so I think its safe to say they are. The lady who ushered me to my room was very pleasant and her little dog with the sweater was so cute following her around. I only stayed one day but it was definitely worth the stop as I was traveling north. I think there was a pool too, but I didn't bother since it was snowing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lizzard R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#22 of 37 in Redding
Cedar Lodge Motel
Cedar Lodge Motel
#2 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to Shasta Lake Motel? Share your experiences!