“wonderful, clean & friendly”
Review of Lake Shasta Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Lake Shasta Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Had a great stay at this place. Very clean and friendly...close to dock launch...close to good food and very easy access to the freeway. Rooms were spotless (other half was very pleased). Has a great little kitchenet with a small refridgerator and a small stove top w/2 electric burners so you can have your own food to cook...really great to be able to have options. Jim's a very nice guy...very helpful and happy. Will definately be back for another visit. Thanks for your hospitality Jim.

P.S. There's a great little rec room to hang out in w/a pool table & air hocky and a big screen TV. Really great if you have a large party :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lydia M

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Our summer trip to Lake Shasta was fantastic while staying at the Lakehead Lodge again. What a great, clean wonderful place to stay. The hot weather was no match for their great air conditioning and cold, cold refrigerators. Thanks for the hospitality Jim. We will see you this fall when the fish start biting!

Paul & Christine Smith

Room Tip: room #11 is our favorite. big kitchen & lots of room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul S
LAKEHEAD1, Owner at Lake Shasta Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

We at the Lakehead Lodge are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation here for the second year in a row and that our air conditioners kept you and yours nice and cool when you werent out and about enjoying the beautiful lake. We try to keep everyone comfortable and make them feel like family and hope to see them every summer season. Hopefully when it cools down you folks will be back for some fishing. Take care and thanks again for choosing the Lakehead Lodge as your vacation destination !

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I spent two nights at the Lakehead Lodge while attending a family reunion at Shasta Lake. I chose to have a hot shower rather than sleep in a tent. I was impressed with the lodge. I had stayed there as a child in the late 1950s and was afraid it would be dated. To my surprise, things were fresh and new. The cleanliness was excellent. We especially appreciated the attention that Jim, the manager, showered on us making sure we had everything we needed. There were lots of towels and hot water. The appliances were up to date and clean. Thanks, Jim. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Room 11 had a big kitchen.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank FlorabelleVacaville
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was relocating from Seattle to Phoenix and while drivinf down the I-5 my trailer tire blew out.
As I had no spare I had to 'crawl" to the Lakehead Lodge and ask for a room for the night. I told Jim the issue with my trailer and he showed me where to park the jetski over night.
In the morning I had to head to Redding to pick up a spare. On leaving my room I discovered the shredded rim and tire outside my door. Jim had removed it for me and offered me a phone book and internet to call a few places in Redding.
I left for Redding and got my spare tires/rims and headed back to The Lakehead Lodge to fix them to the trailer and get me on my way to Phoenix.

All in all a really nice guy and a nice palce to stay under such conditions.
I'd reccommend this place.
Thanks Jim.
Jason

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank 31310Jason
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We stayed at Lakehead Lodge on cool December night. We arrived late and left early, so I cannot adequately describe the outside amenities. Overall, this is a fine place for some while others might not care for it's age. The proprietors are quite friendly and helpful.

We stayed in room number 7 which has two queen beds but no kitchen. It does have a microwave, small refridgerator and coffee maker.

One can definitely tell that this an older building. But fresh paint and laminate flooring updated the place. Even so, the bathroom floor definitely showed it's age with a slight slope to the outside wall. The floors and walls all seemed clean but there was several month's worth of dustbunnies under the bed (I let them know so they are probably gone now).

The bathroom was small with one sink, a standard toilet, and a shower. It took some time to get hot water but was very hot once it arrived. The towels excellent.

The beds and bedding are definitely ready to be replaced. They felt worn out and the sheets were thinner than my grandfather's hankerchiefs. If I stay again, I would probably bring my own linens. They are also quite noisy when moving around.

It does have an air conditioner mounted high on the wall but since it was December, we used the heater. It is an older wall mounted electric heater and the fan was rather loud, waking me up once in a while (I am a light sleeper).

There were several areas for guests to take advantage of but we were just passing through so I cannot expand on them. Wi-Fi is free, though the signal is weak and slow in room 7, but enough to get the job done.

There were no signs of pests or pestulance in the room.

It has adequate parking and they are right next to the rooms. The buildings surround the parking so it feels very secure.

There is no cancelations so make sure you are willing to take the risk before purchasing (there is no reserving).

Overall, I would say this might be the right place for a budget conscience family that is looking for a good value around Lake Shasta and don't mind the age of the place. For those needing more pampering or better ammenities, you might want to look for something else.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank GerneGeht
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We had a great stay at the Lakehead Lodge! If you are heading to Lake Shasta or the surrounding area, this is a fun place to stay. The proprietor, Jim, takes great care of his lodge and makes you feel right at home. It is clean and comfortable - the wood floors were so clean, you could practically eat off them!

Our room had a mini-kitchenette with a small refrigerator, which was really handy. The little tables in the court were a fun place to hang out with our friends.

A quaint, unique place to stay!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank koz2
Reviewed 8 August 2010

If you are looking for a VERY clean and quite place to stay go to the Lakehead lodge. The room is actually a little cottage, with an ac system. Each cottage has a little deck where you can hang out after a day of exploring.
Jim, the owner, is awesome, extremely welcoming. I dropped my motorbike and bent the shifter lever, he saved my and my husband trip by pulling the lever our with a wrench so I could ride my bike again.
I would recommend the lakehead lodge to everybody who wants to stay in a nice, clean extremely well priced and very friendly place.
THANK YOU JIM!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guendali

Been to Lake Shasta Lodge? Share your experiences!