“New owners mean better stay”
Review of Anchorage Inn

Anchorage Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Lakeport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Unfortunately, the Mallard House is on a downward slope, so we explored other options in Clear Lake and went back to the Anchorage Inn. It has new ownership and has been freshened up. The room we stayed in was basically a 1 bedroom apartment w/ a bedroom, living room, and full kitchen. The property has a pool. The kitchen has no pots silverware plates etc. The A/C is in the living room with no fan in the bedroom, so on the 2 days it was over 105 degrees, the bedroom was warm. Otherwise, we enjoyed the room and plan to stay there again next time we go to Clear Lake.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank boomerang888

Reviewed 10 June 2013

In all fairness the bed was decent, good shower, good location to walk downtown and fairly quiet, but that is where it ends. The carpet was so disgusting that words fail me. An overflowing garbage can by the stairway just kept overflowing. I tried to find a plugin by the bathroom sink and finally had to call management who found it behind the mirror. No drapes over the window to shut out the bright outdoor hallway light. This place was $80 a night but really worth about half that at best. Being on the lake should give it a thumbs up but the little inlet that borders the property is basically scum covered with no beach. So, I would not recommend this place unless they cleaned up their act but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
anchorageinnlakeport, Webmaster at Anchorage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our bed, shower and location. I apologize for any ways in which we failed you. We’ve made many changes and improvements since your stay, and you’ll find a much better experience if you visit us again. We take pride in being a great value and providing a great experience, and we now satisfy most guests each night.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I randomly decided to visit Clearlake during Labor Day Weekend and found limited budget lodging options.We placed a $52 bid on Priceline and ended up with this property.

The rooms all seem renovated now, per the motel website, and I've attached pics of the room we stayed in upstairs. It felt like we were walking through a fun house on the way to our room down a very rickety, cracked walkway and I was a little disappointed to see that the mattress was old and not new. The wifi connection was fine, mini fridge and toiletries were helpful, the ice machine worked and the cable channels were average (no HBO).

I strongly recommend that management clean the pool area and wipe the spider webs off the dock area. They should consider buying new pool furniture by next summer. There is a grassy area with a couple of picnic tables by the pool and mini-grills in case you want to have s'mores in the evening.

My husband rates this place 3 stars but I give it 3.75 stars. Please do yourself a favor after you checkout and visit Angelina's Bakery at 365 Main St for breakfast. Their muffins and chocolate chip cookies are EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: Don't be shy and ask for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvette V
anchorageinnlakeport, Webmaster at Anchorage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

• Maintenance was also informed of the problems you experienced with regards to pool and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements for pool furniture.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Anchorage Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This place is undergoing renovation and new management. New management has raised rates significantly and now charges $25/pet/night thus no longer pet friendly. Stayed here in late March in a room that was not yet completed because the new management would not honor our original reservation and price for the room we wanted (and have stayed in previously). Room had no curtains which allowed the bright outside lights to shine inside all night long. No electrical outlet over the bath sink (they placed a mirror on top of old plug). Was not possible to use hair dryer in bath. Carpets not completed and no baseboards. No insulated cups for coffee. Electrical plug at door not functioning. Ice machine broke and in state of total disrepair. On a positive note, the room did not leak although it rained hard. The renovation crew appeared to be unprofessional and not sure of what they were doing. Not sure this place will survive. We were loyal customers who have stayed here many times in the past….but no longer.

Room Tip: I could not recommend this hotel at this time
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dagger6
anchorageinnlakeport, Webmaster at Anchorage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken ice machine and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

• Management was approached about whether it was proper to have put you, our valued guests, in a room which was not completed.

• Management was approached about whether it was a good idea to increase the amount charged for pets.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

I was in the town of Lakeport because of a friend's funeral. The Anchorage Inn was where my friends were staying, so I decided to stay with them. I was welcomed nicely by the management, but when I went to my room, I was SHOCKED. Older than you or me (most likely), dirty, and a little smelly. The shower was in terrible condition, the water tasted like lead, and the beds were terribly hard. I really liked the management, but the facilities were terrible. If you are in Lakeport, Don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank weegee42
anchorageinnlakeport, Webmaster at Anchorage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for your reason for being in our area, please accept my condolences.

• Management received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level ov cleanliness required of them as our employee.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, it will be for a happier reason and that you will once again choose to stay at Anchorage Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 18 January 2010

Nice basic older hotel wil large rooms and suites. Owners gave great rates to our basketball team and our kids and parents enjoyed staying there. The pool table and ping pong was a hit as well. Believe me not fancy by any means but clean and excellent customer service was the recipe for us and the Anchorage Inn delivered.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank CAHumboldter
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Understanding that this is not a four star hotel but a budget motel, it is an excellent place to stay. It is right on the lake; the rooms are large and clean; and the beds are reasonably firm. Furnishings are decent in a motel-ish way, complete with a fridge and microwave in even the least expensive queen room, and reasonably cheery bedding. Wifi worked well for me. My TV didn't seem to have cable, though I had a decent broadcast signal on most stations. The shower had good water pressure, nice hot water, though the shower fixture could have been a little higher. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom (of reasonable sizes!).

The premises manager (owner?) is exceptionally thoughtful and helpful with directions, advice, and anticipating ways to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The sunrise over the lake was spectacular the morning I was there.

This is a dogfriendly hotel, and there is no extra fee (yay!). Nor, for that matter, was there any evidence of prior canine habitants (yay!) ... my room and bedding were clean as could be. There is an excellent open area to walk your dog, or let him/her run, about 20 yards to the right of the hotel.

There is a full service casual restaurant right across the street, Renee's Cafe, where I enjoyed a reasonably healthy breakfast of poached eggs, toast, and peaches (as a substitute for hashed browns) -- diner food at its best, with more traditional options abounding.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank SFNYTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Regency Inn
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks
Vista del Lago Lakehouse and Cottages

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!