“This is one of the best places I've stayed. I would highly recommend it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakeport
Lakeport English Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Lakeport B&B and Inns
Petaluma, California
“This is one of the best places I've stayed. I would highly recommend it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

I had stayed here previously with my boyfriend. On that visit we stayed for only one night and it was a great place. The service was excellent, the room unbelievably clean and quiet and close to everything we needed. Needless to say when we were looking for a place to stay, this time for 2 nights, I did not hesitate to book in here again. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Kirsten who spoiled us rotten during our entire stay. She was available whenever we needed her and left her phone number if we needed anything after hours. She prepared a wonderful breakfast both mornings and made us feel so welcome. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for some relaxation, beautiful accommodations and great service - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TCKB1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

My family booked four rooms at the Inn, for my nieces wedding over Memorial weekend. Karen was more than gracious, and gave us a great weekend. The rooms are wonderful, the Jacuzzi was large and provided a nice respite. We were privileged to enjoy two breakfasts served by a very friendly staff. When visiting make sure to meet for "pub time" where Karen leads a little trivia contest along with some wine tasting and possibly a game of darts. I will surely stay here again when I come up for a visit. If you tire of the "haughty" wineries in Napa and Sonoma there are plenty of tasty wines in the Lake County area, you can use the Inn as a base. We were lucky enough to have front row seats for the Lakeport Memorial Day parade... you can't beat the small town atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Rickety_Rick
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2009

Stayed here just one night but wished it could have been more. They are in the middle of setting up for their annual Christmas Tea so everything was in chaos, yet, in the midst of decorating dozens of trees, unpacking decor and moving furniture to accommodate the upcoming affair, the innkeeper provided us with incomparable attention and service. She brought us a little nosh as we settled into our room and personally cooked us breakfast to order - beautifully presented and delicious. Our room was quiet and clean. We plan to return in December to attend their Christmas Tea and stay another night.

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Santa Rosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

The absolute best from the linens to the pool table. Immaculaate gardens, wonderful food, gracious hosts, dvd players and movies, hot tubs in rooms, great room with large pool table and seperate building with darts. and it may be odd to say but did you know that there is 4-ply toilet paper? The owner pays top dollar for every ammenity including this tiolet paper that is truelly amazing. This place was just the absolute best.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trinity0333
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2008

My husband and I recently attended the Christmas Afternoon Tea and spent the night in the “Robin Hood” room. Many rooms of the English Inn were turned into a Christmas shopping boutique; very festive and beautiful, most defiantly would put anyone in a very Christmassy mood. The tea itself was at 2:30 pm on a Sunday. For 7 weeks at Christmas time, around Valentines Day, and another around Mother’s Day they go all out with beautiful China table settings and many pots of loose-leaf teas. In addition, finger sandwiches, scones, sweets, etc.etc. We went for a long walk around Lakeport afterwards, all that tea and those goodies!

Our room was very nice with a 2 person Jacuzzi tub and King bed. It was an upstairs front room and we did here traffic noise from Main Street. Therefore, I would recommend a room farther back. Breakfast the next morning was very good also.

The innkeeper and her family were most gracious and lovely and made our stay enjoyable.

Maybe we will bring our family next year and start a new tradition!

• Liked — Festive Christmas theme, wonderful hospitality, and great food and tea
  • Disliked — Some traffic noise from Main Street and dusty on tops of furniture
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank TwoTeaTotalers
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2007

My husband and I were looking for a two night getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I wanted to stay at a bed & breakfast, since I never had before. I was a little leary, thinking it would lack privacy or the ammenties of a hotel, but I was overwhelmed by the Lakeport English Inn. First off, the rooms are beautifully appointed. We stayed in the Robinhood room upstairs. The bed was both gorgeous and comfortable. The jacuzzi tub in the room was outstanding. I got the opportunity to peek around at some other unoccupied rooms, and they were all equally gorgeous. Since we arrived around 6 PM and had missed "pub time," our innkeeper Karen brought us an ice bucket with two splits of champage to our room. After a nice jacuzzi she recommended a wonderful place for dinner. The next morning, she set coffee and a newspaper outside our door before we came down for breakfast. Breakfast was WONDERFUL. Fresh fruit, juice, cereal, eggs and bacon. We couldn't have asked for more. We came back after our day on the lake for "pub time." The pub room in back has a dart board and other games ("shut the box" was our favorite) and she brought us wine, beer and some afternoon snacks. She also gave us a fun little quiz on English History (and we did pretty well!). I can honestly say that the Lakeport English Inn is the loveliest place I have ever stayed. I wholeheartedly recommend it, and I will be returning again and again!

• Liked — Beautifully appointed, luxurious, the friendliest innkeeper ever! Yummy breakfast!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RD-Goes
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2005

From warm personal greetings to the perfectly appointed rooms, this Inn proved to be the perfect place to stay in Lakeport. The individually prepared breakfast here beat any ordinary hotel fare. Charm abounds. Each room has a unique decor within the English motif, yet all have the modern conveniences, including jacuzzi bath, dvd/video TV and central airconditioning. The premises are spotless. Don't miss this one.

9 Thank 32999B2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Tallman Hotel
#2 of 3 in Upper Lake
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks

Been to Lakeport English Inn? Share your experiences!