“Scary”
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeport
Rainbow Lodge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lakeport
Fortuna, California
“Scary”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Wanted a evening away and a relaxing day in Lakeport. Although didn't expect a three star hotel I did expect a clean one. The lobby looked like it had not been cleaned in a month. The room smelled, tiles were stained and dirty. My husband pulled back the spread and it did not look like the bedding had been changed. Did not make it to the bathroom I was to afraid to go any further. We turned around and left, we didn't get our money back but atleast I didn't leave with a some type of disease.

Room Tip: Anywhere but the Rainbow Lodge
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank tomkat5419

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Went wine tasting today in hop land. We drove the windy 273, about 15 miles to stay here because of the cheap accommodations and view of the lake. We are staying in room 232, so we have a balcony overlooking the beautiful clear lake. Our room is supper clean and we have a 12 x 5 window view. I feel super smart to have picked this $60 accommodation! Also, we restaurant.com coupon for a French restaurant, Gino, in nearby kelseyville, on the lake as well. I love this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank fiona89138
Folsom, California
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I had booked one night for the Clear Lake Splash-In but my preference was to stay two nights at the Skylark Resort since that is where most of the participants were staying that were involved in the event. Since Skylark originally could only accomdate one night I booked the Rainbow for the second night online. This all was done about three weeks in advance of the late September event. Skylark called a couple days later to inform me they had a room for the second night. At that point I cancelled Rainbow, again on-line, and received a cancellation notice. (three day advance required).
Much to my surprise my October credit card bill reflected a one night stay at $106.71! Since I didn't expect to be fighting over my cancellation I discarded my cancellation information and didn't know the online company I had used. Much to my dismay B.J. and the owner (?) wouldn't even acknowledge receiving a cancellation or give me the online company name so I could contact them to reobtain the number. My advice is to not stay at this "rip-off" joint.....or be sure to keep you cancellation number if you cancel. They will be no help at all.

Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank 9580TopDog
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I travel to Lakeport for business and I am fortunate enough to bring my very well behaved collie dog with me. On the web page they show you nice rooms with a great location. When I got there they put me in a awful room. The floor was a filthy tiile and the room had a bad smell. I noticed multiple bugs crawling on the floor and so I did not sleep at all. They also put me right next door to some elderly lady in a wheelchair who chained smoked the entire evening. I could not figure this out as there was plenty of vacancy.
The small fridge did not work and they did replace it, but when I asked about the other rooms that were in better shape I was told because I had a pet I could not stay in those rooms. I would have rather paid a larger pet deposit than to have been in such a bad room.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Madisonmydog
Foothills of Tahoe
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This place had the audacity to let my truck and trailer get towed at 7AM in the morning from a adjacent parking lot. When the horrible business man who was having it towed, John Marino, came over asked asked do you know who parked there truck and trailer over there? They said nothing and watched it get towed. Here we are spending our weekend up at a fishing tourney, were we travled 6 hours to get there, and we are helping them stimulate there economy. When the Rainbow Lodge, John Marino, and Jones Towing decide they do not want our money or the money of the 20-30 other members of our bass association to be spent up there ever again! Horrible place I would tell you to travel stay out side of Lakeport and travel in.

• Stayed May 2009
3 Thank sbarbee54
RainbowLodge, Owner/PR Manager at Rainbow Lodge, responded to this review, 22 May 2009
Dear Guest,

Rainbow Lodge sincerely regrets that the truck and the trailer got towed. Our policy is to ensure the security of our guests’ belongings to the best of our ability. Had the hotel staff been aware that our valued guest’s vehicle was parked in the adjoining parking lot, we would have done everything in our power to prevent the towing.

We sincerely appreciate all bass fishing tournament participants who come to visit our area and we are working very hard to provide the best value for our guests.

Sincerely
The Rainbow Lodge Family
usa
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Rainbow Lodge. We felt very welcome and comfortable. The rooms were clean, and seemed recently remodeled with new carpet, and wood floor by the entryway. We had a two-room "suite". The kitchenette was useful with new fixtures (stainless steel sink, microwave, frig and coffee maker) They offered our dog a complementary doggie bed and food bowl. We appreciated the hospitality. My family travels to Clear Lake several times a year and we will definitely go back to the Rainbow Lodge in the future, and we will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Yokohama
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Rainbow Lodge was a nice find.  We were driving into Lakeport on Lakeshore Blvd and came across this small motel.  It is a quaint place with log cabin exterior by lakeside.  The place was very quiet and relaxing.  We were concerned that it might be dirty because it accepts pets but we found the rooms to be very clean and the bed was comfortable.  The staff was friendly and interested in making sure that we had a pleasant stay.  Would recommend this place.

• Liked — peaceful environment, price
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Regency Inn
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
#2 of 3 in Upper Lake
Best Western El Grande Inn

Been to Rainbow Lodge? Share your experiences!