Rodeway Inn & Suites Skylark Shores Resort
TripAdvisor
WorldMark Clear Lake(Nice)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsclear lakeview of the lakelakefront roombass fishingclean roomslarge lawnold schoolrestaurants and shopsstaff was very friendly and helpfulan amazing experiencenice groundslaunch rampwould stay againflat screenskylarkdockspicnic
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is an annual destination for us each Memorial Day. This was our 7th visit. I don't think anything ever changes for the better, but it does offer the best view for the money. Room was pretty clean, except for the bathroom towels. Some of them were downright grey and dingy, let alone paper thin. And bring your own pillow if you can. The beds could be more comfortable and I think a change in bedspread, blanket and curtains are in order.
The grounds are kept up much better and offer a nice place to kick back and enjoy the view of the lake. Double check and confirm your reservation before arriving as they had me checking in the next day. There are worse places to stay in the Lake area and for the money we keep returning. I guess we should re-think another holiday weekend destination.

Room Tip: Choose a lakefront room, they also offer kitchenettes.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here recently for a weekend and had a great time. The location is great....right on the lake. We had a lake-front room and enjoyed the view very much. There was a balcony with table and chairs to take in the view as well as a nice sized window.
The rooms are very basic, but clean and spacious. They are very much like motel rooms, but I really can't complain. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Overall I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice casual spot.

Room Tip: Lake view room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy1974
Reviewed 11 April 2012

They advertise high speed internet in your room, but they have NO wifi at all, the girl said it hadn't been working for several days, but I question whether they actually have it at all. She suggested I walk a block to use the free wifi at Safeway. My first clue should have been that she was blonde as the Safeway was ten blocks away not one. The motel is dated, the noise transfer between the rooms was REALLY bad. We were woken up by a child having a temper tantrum at 6:30 in the morning and it went on for about an hour. When our neighbours had a shower it sounded like the fan and water were running in our room. The shower head was dismal and shot water over the top of the shower door and everywhere in the bathroom if you tried to adjust it. There was a huge wet spot on the carpet around one of the beds, no idea where that came from. The room was stained and dated and we had supposedly been upgraded, hate to think what we were supposed to have gotten. It looks really run down, needs to be painted, fixed up, WAY overpriced for what you get. Would NOT recommend.

Room Tip: Go somewhere... anywhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnePaulAllan
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Skylark Shores is a great resort on beautiful Clear Lake. It is well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is plenty to do for everyone. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kaya R
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have enjoyed staying at Skylark Shores Resort on Clear Lake for nearly 25 years. I'm a bass tournament angler and always have appreciated the great treatment we bass anglers get from the management. Nice, clean rooms and overall a great facility that us bass anglers love.

The convenience of having docks right in from of the lakefront rooms is a great feature.

Room Tip: For large groups/families the large cottage is great
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo