“Clean and quiet with no frills”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lakeport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vallejo, California
“Clean and quiet with no frills”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This town seems to be drying up. There are only a few hotels to stay here and they all seem a little sad. This one wasn't great but looked better then some of the others. It was clean, quiet and well maintaned so I was alright with the room. The sheets were clean, towels were clean even though they were not bright white. The A/C worked well, the room was small but had a desk, mini fridge, mircowave and basic TV. The mini fridge was warm but simply needed to have the temperature adjusted and worked well. The TV only had basic channels, no cable. There was free WiFi but the signal was spotty. It had a stand up shower only but at least had good water flow. The bathroom was small but clean and functional. The bed mattress was firm which I liked. It was very quiet and I was glad that I could not hear the neighbors. There was a little picnic area right next to the lake with trees. Parking lot was a little run down and could use a remodel. The staff was very nice and did what they could to make me comfortable.

Room Tip: This hotel was better than the other hotels down the street. Try to avoid rooms at the end by the st...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank casabear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Carson City, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I lived and owned a business in Lakeport for many years up until 1995. During that time I sent any clients ,comming to town, to the Skylark. It was of coarse owned by different folks. We also stayed there when visiting our children a few times. This past weekend I was looking foreward to our visit ,only to have the worst stay, I have ever had anywhere. To begin with, we were put in a very dark room with a makeshift shower that could only be used by someone who was double jointed. Even one of the girls there said it was bad. They then moved us to a cabin which was brighter and I was very pleased. It was the only available room.All was well until we awoke the next morning and went to use the bathroom and shower to get ready for a family reunion we had waited for for 1 year. The toilet went into the shower when flushed. Now I understand that these things can happen. It was the way we were treated after. It took a while for the plumber to get there, and in the mean time, we could not use the bathroom or shower and our family had to get ready for the reunion. several hours went by and still no resolution. The plumber said this happens all the time. We were patient but we needed bathroom s and it was taking a long time. We called and ask if they could help us and she said we could go back to the first room and use that. We could not use that shower, so one of us could use room117. I gave up and just did the best I could. my daughter tried the makeshift shower and was scaulded. We ask if they could compensate us for the trouble we had had and were told a flat no. We couild not go anywhere else because we were late for our reunion. When we came back we were put back in the little cabin. The next morning it was the same thing over again. My son in law used the bathroom, and it backed up into the shower. We just gave up and packed our things to leave. The day before the girl in the office had called the room and accused us of smoking in the room which was total nonesense. She seemed to be trying to turn this around on us. It was bizarre. I know things can happen and we were trying to just get through a very uncomfortable situation. Most business's would have cared enough to at least offer some compensation. Not this one. They put a note on the door and offered us a free stay the next time we came to town. Now do you really think that is ever going to happen??? I called my credit card company and they tried to resolve this for me. All I ask was a credit for one night but she was also told no. The booking agent also tried but they just used the blame game. Incidently we were not the only people having trouble. I just hope they also give their thoughts on this place. It used to be one of the best. It is now in need of some of the profits being put back into the maintenence. My rooms were over $120.00 per night. This is the worst run motel in Lakeport now ,and it is a darn shame. My entire family still lives there ,and they will get the word out. I would hate to see anyone else be put in this position. This manager needs a coarse in customer service. She will put them out of business. Word travels. My next call is to the BBB. Incidently , because of the attitude of the manager we took a lot of photos, so that she could not accuse us of any wrongdoing.

Room Tip: Call the Better Business bureau and see if they have any complaints against them and read the rating...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pat G
Skylarkshoresresort, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
We take great pride in providing an excellent guest experience and comfortable guest accomodations. We will continue to improve our guest services and feel this incident was an exception and not the rule. We do apologize for any unfortunate experience or inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Lakeport hotels

Loma Linda
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just spent a couple of nights here and was comfortable. If you are looking for luxury this is not the place. The "resort" is kind of outdated but we found everything we needed. We had an upstairs room with an awesome view of the lake. The rooms were spacious with two queen beds. There was a table and a couple of chairs plus some sofa chairs. We also had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. It also looks like you could share a kitchen with the room next door if requested. Towels and old and thin and the shampoo, soap and lotion are cheap. Not the best fragrance on the face of the earth, but they do the job. Again, no luxury here, just the basics. The WiFi is not the best. I had to go outside towards the street or to the bathroom to get a signal. But it is free. The surroundings were green and well kept. There was an outdoor playing area for the kids and a small pool. My kids said the water was cold, but were happy to have a pool on site. This is a nice place if you are looking at just having some down time and are content with the basics.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We travel to all kinds of destinations at least 3 times a year. This little city on the Lake and the Skylark Shores Resort has won our hearts over. The sun rise over the lake magnificently. Our room facing the lake with our own BBQ grill was a nice relaxing evening.
This is a unique resort with mature trees, lawns and a play ground. Our room had brand new beds and the drapes were new too. It shows that somebody is taking good care of this place. Very helpful and friendly staff. We had a very pleasant five days. If you are looking for a Big City, Cookie-Cutter hotel please don't go there.

Room Tip: Pick a room either on the Lawn Front or Lake Front to enjoy the views
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank viewfinderM
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The location of this motel right on the lake is its only redeeming quality, and the view is quite beautiful and there is a nice lawn. Other than that, this "resort" is a dump. We were shocked that it received a AAA endorsement and couldn't wait to leave. We were in town for a wedding and should have stayed in the nearby casino where many other guests stayed. The beds were old and sunken in the middle and the sheets, blankets and towels seemed 25 years old. We ended up using pool towels because the bath towels were a little larger than the size of a hand towel. The "pool view" rooms are rooms with a view of the parking lot, where the pool is. The patios are not private. As other reviewers have said, the wifi does not work. I woke up in the middle of the night and found a giant earwig on the wall in the bathroom, which is old and dated with only a shower stall and no bath. The street it is on in Lakeport is the main strip, and many of the stores are boarded up but there was one pizza place that looked nice. If you walk a few blocks west there is a much better shopping center with a Safeway and a cleaner and more inviting breakfast place- since the room had a fridge, we were able to store some groceries. I would not spend more than 50 dollars on this place, but I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone, especially not families with children.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, go for a corner room, the sound traveled but ours seemed a bit quieter... you...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hannah F
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is an annual destination for us each Memorial Day. This was our 7th visit. I don't think anything ever changes for the better, but it does offer the best view for the money. Room was pretty clean, except for the bathroom towels. Some of them were downright grey and dingy, let alone paper thin. And bring your own pillow if you can. The beds could be more comfortable and I think a change in bedspread, blanket and curtains are in order.
The grounds are kept up much better and offer a nice place to kick back and enjoy the view of the lake. Double check and confirm your reservation before arriving as they had me checking in the next day. There are worse places to stay in the Lake area and for the money we keep returning. I guess we should re-think another holiday weekend destination.

Room Tip: Choose a lakefront room, they also offer kitchenettes.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here recently for a weekend and had a great time. The location is great....right on the lake. We had a lake-front room and enjoyed the view very much. There was a balcony with table and chairs to take in the view as well as a nice sized window.
The rooms are very basic, but clean and spacious. They are very much like motel rooms, but I really can't complain. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Overall I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice casual spot.

Room Tip: Lake view room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacy1974
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!