Rodeway Inn & Suites Skylark Shores Resort
US$75
WorldMark Clear Lake(Nice)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsclear lakeview of the lakelakefront roombass fishingclean roomslarge lawnold schoolrestaurants and shopsstaff was very friendly and helpfulan amazing experiencenice groundslaunch rampwould stay againflat screenskylarkdockspicnic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just had the fortune of staying at Skylark Shores during an FLW bass fishing event. I had a wonderful time, as did all the other anglers I spoke with that stayed there. Met some families that were vacationing there, along with some construction crews that were staying there after hard days of work in the area. I'm really confused about the recent bad reviews? Were these people staying at the same Skylark Shores that I was? The staff was teriffic, the grounds were beautiful, the nights were quiet, and the rooms were darn nice. I got everything I expected and more. You can't please everybody, and obviously the last couple of guests that reviewed had issues. As a tournament angler, and family man, I'd recommend this place to anybody that asked about a place to stay in Lakeport. I'm really glad I wasn't there when the crabby folks were, as they might have ruined my great stay. Guess I picked the right time! All I can say is, keep up the good work Skylark, and you'll keep the good folks coming back! Don't let a few obviously unhappy people change the excellent job you're doing. To all new visitors to Lakeport, all I can say is give Skylark a try and I think you'll agree with me....and you'll be back!

Room Tip: Like all the others, the lake view rooms are spectacular!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kenny B
Skylarkshoresresort, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Skylark Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Skylark Shores and especially the Bass Fishing on the lake. We always enjoy having guest like yourself and thank you for coming back to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. - Audrey Gonzalez, General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just returned from a 10 day stay at Skylark. Once again it was a wonderful experience. I changed my plans to arrive earlier than my reservation and stay longer. As such, I had 3 different rooms. Since they often sell out I was happy that staff could find me the other rooms. All the rooms were clean and comfortable. In fact, two friends canceled their reservations at other motels and moved to Skylark! I can't say enough about our experience there, including nice rooms, friendly staff and nicely manicured landscape. The fishing was unbelievable. The lake is rated as one of the 10 best in the country for bass fishing. On a side note, unlike the last review we didn't have the game warden called on us. Of course, we followed the rules and didn't have 10 rods spread along the rail preventing other guests from enjoying the full experience.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank A_Happy_Hooker

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the Skylark Shores Resort, we are so pleased you were able to stay 10 days with us, and your patronage is much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for being part of the Skylark family. - Audrey Gonzalez, General Manager.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The staff are liars, they are fast to ban you when you complain about there mistakes the rooms have bugs that bite, sinks are clogged. We had to have a plummer come in over are food due to the sink over flowing as soon as we turned on the water to wash food. When staff don't like how you speak to there mistakes they call the game warden on you.

Room Tip: get rooms on bottom floor by water.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

This review is not accurate and the person writing it has made false claims.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Absolutely loved this place. It is in need of a little maintenance (at about 85% though! Not bad) but the real draw is the incredible view. You only get this if you book the lakeside rooms.

HOWEVER, our stay was a NIGHTMARE because of a family who booked 3 rooms. They were horribly ill mannered with noise, shouting, banging, kids running amock (sp?), and here's the worst part: each lakeside room has a beautiful view of the lake. You have to open your shades onto a balcony that runs the length of all the rooms. Instead of closing off the "runway" from room to room (separating the balconies like cruise ships do), they have one long stretch where anyone can walk past your room and look in. No chance for romance with one of the most romantic views around. Kids running past and screaming made us run as soon as we got up the next morning. A true waste of a great place.

Room Tip: the real draw is the incredible view. You only get this if you book the lakeside rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindynor41

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the property and the view and the fact that we have made improvements, but we were extremely sorry to hear that you experienced unsupervised children and that they were noisy and unruly. We shall strive to work harder to curtail these activities and be aware of disturbances. We have reviewed your comments and agree that partitioned room barriers would be a Great idea and we are currently exploring ways to make this happen. We thank you for your very constructive and Great idea. - Audrey Gonzalez, General Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is my first time visit. I pulled off the road on a Friday night in mid-September and was greeted by a friendly and accommodating staff member. I received a clean, but dated lake view room. The furniture has seen better days. TV reception excellent, but small screen. GREAT reception for Internet. Bed was comfortable, but pillows could be improved. No kitchen access. Back door opened to covered patio with new picnic table & charcoal BBQ. Lawn was immaculate. No direct sidewalk from back patio to docks requires walk across wet lawn for access. Boat docks on premises looked new and in good condition. Rate was high for room considering it was not during the summer high-season.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are definitely worth extra $$$. View is spectacular. Noise level is minimal. No noise from highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy4953

We are extremely pleased that you felt our staff was friendly and accommodating and that your room was clean and you enjoyed your view. We have discussed your comments regarding the furniture, beds and pillows and are working hard to update the hotel as much as possible. We thank you for your comments and sincerely appreciate it. - Audrey Gonzalez, General Manager.