“Second Stay and enjoyed it.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lakeport
GreenLeadersBronze level
SF Bay Area
“Second Stay and enjoyed it.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for the second time, while visiting the Kelseyville Olive Festival. This is not a new hotel or a four star, but for an older motel it is adequately clean; not 100%, if being picky (just being honest). The staff is very attentive and friendly. Has all the features as advertised. Good bed and quiet, efficient heating/cooling unit. Plan on staying here next year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RonCharr
Skylarkshoresresort, Customer Service Representative at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We're very happy that you plan on returning to Skylark Shores Resort. Yes, our resort has been in business for many years, and we work very hard to maintain our beautiful lakeside property for all to enjoy. As you mentioned, Skylark Shores is an ideal place to use as a base to enjoy Lake County's many festivals and activities. Our staff appreciates your comments and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you!

Stephen Pedersen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bay Area, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

First to give you a little info about me, which might help to explain my confusion. I am a travelling provider. I was assigned to this motel because (1) my agent had only the professional pics to go by and (2) it was a large resort close to my job. Alas, it is not a resort in the truest since of the word. I just find it to be a BIG MOTEL! and I really don't do motels unless I have to. Especially ones that are not very clean or modern. I think it trades off on its past life and its location. However, I discovered it is GREAT for sportsmen. They come and go and are really into fishing, not creature comforts. And best of all they can park their boats easily. In my opinion, I found the staff very pleasant...very accommodating. So, you ask, what is the problem?? Its with the cleanliness of the motel. I implored the front desk 3 times about my room not being clean or being inadequately stocked.. You think I'm being a hotel snob? Well, get a load of this. I stayed in room 112 and I bet to this day there is still a long blond hair attached to the hair dryer. It was there all my visit which was 6 weeks. Oh, and as I became suspicious of my shower not being cleaned (because I'd find minute debris on my bathroom floor that would not have been there had a broom or mop been applied) I started positioning my shower head in such a way that it would have to be changed in order to rinse the stall out. Yep...you're correct, it was still in the same position. So after the third time of complaining, I requested that one maid do my room only and explained to her what I wanted done. Sure enough, I came in from work that day to a strong odor of bleach. Mind you, the first time I smelled bleach (and a little mustiness) was when I had first walked into my room in the beginning. WHAT AM I CONFUSED ABOUT??? there INABILITY TO UNDERSTAND that I merely wanted them to do an adequate job TWICE a week of cleaning my room. I tried to impress upon them that I was living there for 2 months and that I should always get wash cloths (was there a shortage)? shower mats and pillow cases changed as well as the SMALL bathroom cleaned. I know for a fact that when they vacuum they go around objects instead of moving them and cleaning under them. I still have corner trash under the portable aluminum luggage rack. I strongly advise the administrative staff to STOP BEING SO CHEAP in paying your maids or hire more so that they can take their time and do a good job. Or maybe you should train them better. I don't know...I'm really confused with this one. I'm sure the motel has good experiences for those who do not require much but honestly, a swimming pool in the parking lot???

Room Tip: you can't go wrong with a room at the B&B one street over.
Green Features: Are there any? Who uses bleach to the point where it permeates the room? Who uses bleach when there are so many great alternatives that are not as chemically harmful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank thehermit
Skylarkshoresresort, Customer Service Representative at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We at Skylark Shores Resort value all of our guests' comment very much, and regret any confusion during your recent stay with us.

Our property has been helping to create fond Clearlake memories for over fifty years, while providing guests with clean, comfortable, and friendly service.

Our housekeeping staff is experienced and professional, and we have received many guest compliments on our cleanliness and service. All of the cleaning products we use are environmentally friendly, and we are at the Bronze level for being green leaders.

With multiple property access points, our expansive parking facilities meander throughout the property and connect our guests with all our facilities, including the lawn-encompassed swimming pool, children's playground, as well as our sprawling grounds and private docks.

We at Skylark Shores Resort strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates.

Skylark Shores Resort

Travellers are raving about these Lakeport hotels

Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a great little hotel. The rooms are huge! Plenty of room to move around. Each room had a small patio with a grill and a couple of chairs. From this patio there was a beautiful view of Clear Lake only a couple of hundred feet away! The staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank JLGirone
Skylarkshoresresort, Customer Service Representative at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
We so enjoyed having you as a guest on your recent stay at Skylark Shores Resort.
Thank you so much for your reflection and comments on your time with us.
It is our sincere hope that you and your guests enjoyed all that we have to offer,
including time with family and friends relaxing in your spacious accommodation, barbequing on your patio, the excitement of fishing from our private docks, or simply walking the grounds and enjoying our expansive views of Clear Lake.

We hope that you left feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Clear Lake.

Customer Service Representative
California
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had a good time there, and my favorite part about it was watching the beautiful geese that hang out on their lawns. This place would be great if you like to watch waterfowl, also if you like to fish. And if you get a room with a lake view, dont forget your pole & binoculars!

Room Tip: Bring your fishing poles and binoculars! Get a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Skylarkshoresresort, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Skylark Shores and enjoyed the Geese and waterfowl that frequent our resort. Fall and Winter are beautiful times to come here, bring your binoculars and enjoy - Audrey Gonzales, General Manager.
American Canyon, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just had the fortune of staying at Skylark Shores during an FLW bass fishing event. I had a wonderful time, as did all the other anglers I spoke with that stayed there. Met some families that were vacationing there, along with some construction crews that were staying there after hard days of work in the area. I'm really confused about the recent bad reviews? Were these people staying at the same Skylark Shores that I was? The staff was teriffic, the grounds were beautiful, the nights were quiet, and the rooms were darn nice. I got everything I expected and more. You can't please everybody, and obviously the last couple of guests that reviewed had issues. As a tournament angler, and family man, I'd recommend this place to anybody that asked about a place to stay in Lakeport. I'm really glad I wasn't there when the crabby folks were, as they might have ruined my great stay. Guess I picked the right time! All I can say is, keep up the good work Skylark, and you'll keep the good folks coming back! Don't let a few obviously unhappy people change the excellent job you're doing. To all new visitors to Lakeport, all I can say is give Skylark a try and I think you'll agree with me....and you'll be back!

Room Tip: Like all the others, the lake view rooms are spectacular!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kenny B
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Skylark Shores and especially the Bass Fishing on the lake. We always enjoy having guest like yourself and thank you for coming back to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. - Audrey Gonzalez, General Manager
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just returned from a 10 day stay at Skylark. Once again it was a wonderful experience. I changed my plans to arrive earlier than my reservation and stay longer. As such, I had 3 different rooms. Since they often sell out I was happy that staff could find me the other rooms. All the rooms were clean and comfortable. In fact, two friends canceled their reservations at other motels and moved to Skylark! I can't say enough about our experience there, including nice rooms, friendly staff and nicely manicured landscape. The fishing was unbelievable. The lake is rated as one of the 10 best in the country for bass fishing. On a side note, unlike the last review we didn't have the game warden called on us. Of course, we followed the rules and didn't have 10 rods spread along the rail preventing other guests from enjoying the full experience.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank A_Happy_Hooker
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the Skylark Shores Resort, we are so pleased you were able to stay 10 days with us, and your patronage is much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for being part of the Skylark family. - Audrey Gonzalez, General Manager.
Oakland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The staff are liars, they are fast to ban you when you complain about there mistakes the rooms have bugs that bite, sinks are clogged. We had to have a plummer come in over are food due to the sink over flowing as soon as we turned on the water to wash food. When staff don't like how you speak to there mistakes they call the game warden on you.

Room Tip: get rooms on bottom floor by water.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
This review is not accurate and the person writing it has made false claims.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
Lake Point Lodge ClearLake Oaks
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!