“Great location for family/group vacation”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lakeport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I booked 7 rooms at the Skylark. My recommendation is to book first floor lakeview rooms if possible. You'll have the use of outside grills, picnic tables and a fantastic view of the lake. I would avoid the poolside rooms because they don't have much of a view beyond the pool and parking lot. The rooms that face the horseshoe pit, volleyball net and playground are nice too.

We primarily stayed in the cottages. I would recommend that you avoid room #124 until they eliminate the awful smell. Cottage #121 is fantastic (3 beds, 1 room) , as well as cottage #122 (4 beds, 2 rooms). Cottages #123 and #120 are nice, but the kitchen in #120 is small.

Alicia was very helpful during our stay. I would recommend speaking with her or Aubrey if you have any questions during the reservation process.

We went fishing at the pier adjacent to the property, rented a jet ski from Disney rentals (too much lake grass to ski freely), played volleyball, horseshoes and went swimming on the property. It was a great place to plan and cook group meals.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank hrzregina
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed 15 April 2010

My husband and I stay here several times a year when visiting family. We have tried other motels around the Lake, and this is the best. Improvements have been made in recent years - new carpet, paint, etc. The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable. The grounds and lake view are beautiful. It is close to downtown, restaurants, etc. We'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I will stay again - the room, while older, was clean; the bed comfortable and I enjoyed the lake view even from my "pool side" room.

The website was somewhat misleading as I was expecting a kitchenette and got instead a microwave and mini-fridge installed next to the desk. A little awkward if you want to catch a meal w/out the restaurant visit and also have a laptop and expect to work....but do-able.

I would suggest that folks not depend upon the toiletries. The new bar of soap melted half way through my shower and there is no lotion. I also had to ask for a new roll of tissue as the one in my room was nearly empty when I checked in....

Also on my visit the t.v. remote did not work. I took it into the office and was given another which also did not work. As I brought back the third remote, I was told - "Oh, I guess it may need to be reprogrammed"....would have preferred that programming been checked when I brought in the first non-working remote.

Otherwise clean and pleasant enough place to hang the ol' hat in between local business commitments....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2009

No, this is not the Hilton, nor a 4 star motel. The rooms are basic and clean enough for me. I rented the adjoining kitchen, and would recommend that. It gives you extra room with a full fridge and stove and is completely stocked with silverware, pans, plates etc. What you cannot beat is the location. The lakefront rooms are RIGHT on the lake with nothing to block the view. There are big picture windows so even when you are in your room, you can see the lake. There is parking for your boat trailer. (First come first serve, about 10 spots.) The boat docks are excellent and the grounds are very well kept up. Go in with your eyes open and don't expect a 4 star resort. And besides, where can you find a 4 star lakefront resort for $120 a night??

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2009

it was very nice here.i recommend this place to anyone that plans to come to lakeport for as little getaway fishing or whatnot.dont go anywhere else the rate is great................

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2008

Up to this year, I have stayed at the Skylark Shores Resort two total times with my mother to visit her family and my cousins. Since we love the location, we come back every year. Overall, this hotel is really nice. Any time during our stays, if our room keys got demagnitized, the front desk always gave us new ones right away. The room was kept nice and neat the whole time we were there. The beds were especially comfortable. There was ample space. The pool is wonderful and a decent size, too. The view from the dock around 5 a.m. is spectacular. The fishing is wonderful, as well. The kitchen between two of our rooms was actually a pretty decent size considering that it was being used by two rooms at the same time. Because of all this, my mom, her family, and I will come back for years to come.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank musiclvr43
Reviewed 3 October 2007

We stayed here during the "BoardStock XII" held at the casino down the lake. The room was nice with a beautiful lake view, but the visitors to boardstock staying here were lowlife scum who partied late with loud music until 230am Fri night. Sat night at 1230, I went out to tell them to stop screaming off the balcony because the manager wouldn't answer the phone.

Stayed: September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeport
Regency Inn
Best Western El Grande Inn
Tallman Hotel
Tallman Hotel
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!