“Hometown”

Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/tjs-downtown-bar-and-grill-lakeport
Upper Lake, California
“Hometown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Well lit parking lot. Food is good tasting, service is good and everyone is very friendly. Large bar and good size dance floor in the back. Good everyday place to go .

Visited January 2014

“Great food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

This locak establishment has been much improved in recent years, and the food is extremely good. I am in two groups that have large group lunches in the back room fairly frequently, and our group has always been extremely well tended by the staff. Food is hot and fresh, though a little spendy for Lakeport. The only downside for me (which is a major upside for others) is the constant sports coverage on numerous televisions. Overall, a very good place>

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Catherine V
Lakeport, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Said goodbye to a weekly tradition”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Live in Lakeport and 4 to 6 of us have been enjoying Thirsty Thursdays (end of our work week) for quite some time. Jules, Steve and the food kept us coming back. Have suffered thru some poor service at times when other staff not quite up to par or they were just too busy while understaffed but always enjoyed ourselves. Sadly, last time there just before Xmas had a new waitress (Jules and Steve both off) and one of our party arrived shortly after the rest of us. After she sat there for at least 15 minutes without anyone coming to ask if she would like something or if we needed another round or if we were ready to order dinner (also no bread brought to the table yet) I asked the bus girl as she was walking by ignoring us if she could let the waitress know we needed her. 5 or 10 minutes later the waitress came to the table and asked if we wanted more drinks. When I pointed out the person who joined us over 20 minutes ago might need something and that we had been completely ignored for longer, she immediately became defensive and started saying things like "I had a seven top, what do you want me to do, ignore them and rush right over here?" This was after she told me how "rude" I was being. Needless to say things went downhill quickly from there. When I asked to speak to a manager of course I was told there was not one there. We left, went to Main Street Cheeses Pizza and had a great dinner and good time there. We will be spending our $ elsewhere each Thursday which is sad since we did enjoy the food, Jules and Steve. The owners of TJ's need to pay attention, staff up as needed and act like they care about their patrons. Also don't know where your picture of the restaurant came from because it has not looked like that for many years if ever?

• Visited December 2013
Salida, California
“Great food, great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you like ribs, get the full rack. Lots of food, excellent prices. The lunch plates are almost as big as the dinner for less money. Nice atmosphere, good service.

Visited January 2013
city
“Cucumber iced water was the best part of dining here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Their cucumber iced water was a great alternative to iced water with a subtle, pleasant, refreshing taste. Ordered their special Ahi tuna served with Jasmine rice and asparagus or so I was told. When the dish finally arrived, there was broccoli on the plate. I wasn't informed that they ran out of asparagus nor asked if I would still want this special with broccoli instead. Their clam chowder was too salty and I have had better else where, not recommended. My partner ordered one of their house specialties Chicken Grinder Sandwich. The bread wasn't very good, the chicken dry, not moist nor juicy.

Visited July 2013