“Nice, Comfortable Country Feel”

and 1 more site!
Barona Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, Comfortable Country Feel”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Barona is a fun place to go if you just want to get away and be in an environment that feels like you are in the country. They have a beautiful rose garden, lovely places to walk, great food, nice rooms, and gambling. We love eating in the Steakhouse, it is truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course, high level room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I love BARRONA, easy to ask for comps, they have very goods foods there. From Chinese foods to Mexican, American, Italian, I love them all. Their rooms was cleaned also the views so pretty, I liked them so much.

• Stayed December 2012
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We go to Barona once a month. My husband goes here to play cards, and blackjack is his favorite game. I usually chat with my husband over a cup coffee at the restaurant called Café Sage, then read my e-books while he goes playing cards or golf. The hotel room when we stay is tastefully decorated, well stocked with coffee and different kinds of teas and automatic coffee maker, and the room is always spotless. I have enjoyed most Barona’s day spa services, and I like the facial the best, and the massage is a little too soft for me. The swimming pool is a bit small and shallow; hence it’s very popular and safe for the little children. If you are a serious or lap swimmer, then it’s not for you. The hot tub is nice. The pools can be very busy during the long weekends. I visited several popular casinos hotels in Las Vegas and a few others in San Diego area; however, Baron has the best free coffee, food and customer service that we have ever experienced. I have eaten every restaurant in this casino. I love the wonton noodle soup from Ho Wan in the food court, and I know wonton noodle soup and have eaten a lot of them when growing up! The noodle is very soft, and Barona ordered it from Los Angeles, and the soup is not too salty or greasy. My kids like 1 dollar delicious tacos from the Taco shop. Their buffet and steak house are also excellent but pricier as expected. The Asian food and deserts are pretty good at the buffet, but I don't eat there often. When we like a quiet and intimate dinner away from the roller-coaster on the casino floor, the steakhouse is a fabulous choice. It is not as noisy as Ruth’s steakhouse and Donovan's; our dining experience is always relaxing and flawless. Overall, the service is excellent and personal. I notice that staff are courteous and seem to enjoy at least appreciate their jobs because they greet you promptly, smile and make eye contact with the guests often, and I can’t say that for all the resorts I’ve been in locally and out-of-state. They aim to please and to provide personal touches and greetings to the visitors at the gate and the entrances. I don’t play golf, but I heard they have a very good and tough court. From the Café Sage, we can see that the scenery of the golf is beautiful, and it reminds me of a French country resort’s landscape I stayed a long time ago.
I recommend Barona for adults who want to unwind, have fun by playing golf or games and just to enjoy the different kinds of food and coffee.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor could be noisy during the weekends. Choose the room from 4th floor or...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Southern CA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We live in San Diego, but this is our first visit to Barona. The rooms are clean and spacious, especially for a family of five. The room has a mini fridge, work desk, table and chairs. Our wonderful view was of the golf course and lake. The staff is helpful, and willing to assist. Wi-fi worked well.

There is a food court if you don't want to eat at any of the resort restaurants. The buffet was disappointing. It cost $26.99 for all diners, even for a 5-year-old. My 5 and 8 y.o. did not eat $27 worth of food. There were many foods to sample but the quality isn't there.

Overall, the visit was terrific and will likely to return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have always loved staying at Barona, the Staff is wonderful I love them all. But the last time I visited with 5 guest. We arrived on one of the Buses and planned to stay over. While waiting on a Shuttle to take us to the Hotel, one lady arrived at the Hotel only to notice that she left her purse at the Bus Stop. The Bell Boy called over and they said it was at the Security Office. This lady has a Health problem and has been given Medical Marijuana and has Certificate to carry, it is legal in the State of California. When Security went in her purse for ID, which was in her wallet they went through everything in her purse after finding the ID.
When she arrived they told her she was barred from the Casino and she was to sit out side and not to move or go inside. Please note that it was raining and windy, they told her if she wanted to get warm she could take one of the buses and go to El Cajon, if she had to go to the bathroom she could go to 7-11 . If you have been to Barona you know that there is no 7-11 within walking distance. She was not allow to come in to use bathroom. People kept going out to see if they could get her something warn to drink or food. She sat there for 2 hours before a nice Mangers came out and brought her in and asked if he could get her anything. She had to sit for 5 hours until the Bus took her back to LA. This was done by their Security Staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jackie S
POWAY, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Very disappointing, especially at the price of $26.99 ($21.59 with Casino card). Lots of choices but the quality is lacking. More attention should be focused on the cooking phase, so as to insure food is not over/under done. One of the items I choose was "bay shrimp" and found them to be mushy. Green beans were undercooked. The coconut shrimp gets a good grade, but the kale turned out a little salty.
I'm sorry to say I would recommend many of the other dining areas in the facility over the buffet. You should know I am not a "picky" eater, so I have to be disappointed to comment.

Room Tip: We live locally, so didn't stay over.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LINRON09
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in a suite for a night just to getaway. It has a very nice ambience, very relaxing, staff are friendly, accommodating and professional. Rooms are spacious and clean. Room service are absolutely fantastic!

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
Best Western Santee Lodge
#2 of 14 in El Cajon
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Viejas Casino & Resort
Harrah's Resort Southern California

Been to Barona Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!