“Barona Resort & Casino - Thank you for a fun experience!”

and 1 more site!
Barona Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Auckland, New Zealand
“Barona Resort & Casino - Thank you for a fun experience!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Signed up to become a Club member just before Christmas & while on vacation in San Diego. The staff were friendly & very accommodating! I'm new to 'comped' stuff but the hosts were offered a free(comped) room for the night. We enjoyed our stay. The staff in the casino, food areas & Resort were all so helpful & ready to assist. We also received comped hotel rooms for 2 nights just before the New Year. We experienced the count down into the New Year - free bubbly was on offer until the event, lots of balloons and confetti were released - Great experience! We tried the buffet & the food was super delicious & top notch! Gambled a bit, ate alot of food(even experienced food on a trolley served & eaten while at a gaming machine!) & didnt sleep much lol. The landscape around the resort & pond is beautiful and relaxing. The fish are beautiful to watch swimming around. I'm from NZ so never experienced anything like this before, especially at a Casino lol. Thank you for a great experience to the Super friendly team at Barona Resort & Casino!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bring_1t_0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Redondo Beach, CA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to Barona for my birthday with my husband and my brother's family (total of 7). Spent time in the casino. Nice large non-smoking area. Since it was our first time, they actually came up personally to welcome us as we were playing. There is an ice cream vendor in the food court that is to die for. LARGE scoop is just $0.50!!! We went to dinner at The Steakhouse. Fantastic service and the steaks were so delicious. We didn't stay at the resort but will the next time we go. All staff were extremely friendly. Even the gardeners were waving and welcoming us to the property.
Important to drinkers: Alcohol is only served in eating establishments because they don't want patrons to over indulge. Road out is pretty steep and winding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

It is always a good time here! We came in from a week of post holiday SoCal traveling to relax. Friendly staff, little chocolates, and I like the in-room Keurig machine. I love the food court. Especially, the burritos. Plus, winning makes it even sweeter! Don't forget to ask for your comps (free play, points, money for food court)!!! If you don't ask, they won't give it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ren12317
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We mostly ate, shopped and gambled during our visit. We didn't stay at the hotel this time, but have before and liked it very much. The penny games payed off for us this day. Definitely get the players card before you start gambling. It saved us a bit on the room when we stayed here.

Theres a lot of property to see inside and out. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. One part of the hotel is a long ways away from the casino, and farther to park. It is free to park. And there is a golf course on the property.

Barona is located about 35-40 minutes northeast of San Diego in the city of Lakeside. The last few miles were a challegene driving through the hills with many turns and curved roads.

The food at the Sage Cafe was good. Especially the bread.

We will be going back

Barona.com

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better as we all know, but the closer the room to the casino the better her...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tonystewart14
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have been going to Barona's Casino for over 10 years and I find this place is relaxing for me cause of the way they treat you, very nice staff. I have been gambling on the Dollar Slots and I have played the quarters, nickel , and penny machine's. I have won a lot of money could it be I am lucky or just know how to play! Don't get me wrong I have lost too but most of the time I have won and won big money. The food is great and I love the Sage restaurant and the buffet, as far as the drive it only takes me 1hr and 30 min no problem its a nice drive. The rooms are clean and great and when I need something I just ask and get it so whoever is not wining or unsatisfied then go to Vegas or wherever you go and enjoy. I never pay for my room and really never pay for food just gamble and if I lose OH WELL it happens its all part of life and life is a gamble so far for me this casino is the best...

Room Tip: I always get the top floor over looking the golf course
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank DENNIS D
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel, but certainly would consider it! It is a beautiful property, to be sure.
Just stopped in to gamble a bit ... had a quick lunch at the Food Court Noodle House ... and spent some time at the slot machines.
The lunch was fantastic ... got the daily special of Cashew Chicken, which came with jasmine rice and a small bowl of egg drop soup ... added in fried dumplings ... so very good.
Everyone is very friendly ... it was our first time, so we wore a #1 button ... so many staff, as they walked by, said Welcome! ... good PR training.
We will go back .. if for no other reason than to visit our $$$!
We liked what we saw!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
National City, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I don't go to the casino. But I went to the buffet and ate, it is very nice. The rooms are nice which has space and comfy beds. The service is nice. I really enjoyed the hotel as it keeps me happy, the pool is very nice. Not to crowded during the summer

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
Best Western Santee Lodge
#2 of 14 in El Cajon
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Viejas Casino & Resort
Harrah's Resort Southern California

Been to Barona Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!