“smoke”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
San Diego, California
“smoke”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have stay in the room and they are nice, however, the smoke on busy day can be bad. you must walk through smoking to get to none smoking then your room. I have gotten sick from the massive smoke from cigarette, cigars, and all other smoking device. I wear a mask to save my lungs.

Room Tip: pool side so you can have a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank smileyx2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
TX
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Received two complimentary nights at Barona, even though I live in TX. Used those nights while visiting San Diego. Every staff member, from bellman, to front desk , to casino staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. It was a wonderful stay and I even won money. I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TxMap1953
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a review of the hotel and events center only. We were invited to a 40th anniversary to be held in the events center. Upon check in everyone was super friendly and helpful. We checked into our room and was pleasantly surprised at how big the rooms were and very clean. We went to our event and were amazed at the facility. It was beautiful and large. The staff again were so attentive and friendly. We had an open bar and a buffet style meal that was outstanding! After a long night of eating, drinking and dancing we fell into our ultra comfortable bed with crisp sheets and loads of pillows. It was so comfortable that we almost slept to 10! If you want a great getaway with good restaurants and ambiance this is a nice treat. Also, I would definitely hold a wedding or special occasion at this venue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eve S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My friend and I needed a little R&R.... I also had a gift certificate from my fab son to use. We have been to many spas and consider ourselves connoisseurs of personal attention:}
The checkin area was upscale and welcoming w/ a fireplace, leather sofas snacks, etc. Also some accessories products to peruse while we waited. However, there was no separation from the reception area,,, less privacy for customers ( they should change this) When we were called for our appt......... the masseuse was fab! the room was well appointed I had the hot stone massage, they massaged w/ the hot stones in addition to resting them on the back. This is the first time i dozed during a treatment!! So GOOD!! My friend had the facial and paraffin hand & foot treatment and echoes my sentiments!! This spa second only to the La Costa spa. We plan to return on a regular basis

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank a7j
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Signed up to become a Club member just before Christmas & while on vacation in San Diego. The staff were friendly & very accommodating! I'm new to 'comped' stuff but the hosts were offered a free(comped) room for the night. We enjoyed our stay. The staff in the casino, food areas & Resort were all so helpful & ready to assist. We also received comped hotel rooms for 2 nights just before the New Year. We experienced the count down into the New Year - free bubbly was on offer until the event, lots of balloons and confetti were released - Great experience! We tried the buffet & the food was super delicious & top notch! Gambled a bit, ate alot of food(even experienced food on a trolley served & eaten while at a gaming machine!) & didnt sleep much lol. The landscape around the resort & pond is beautiful and relaxing. The fish are beautiful to watch swimming around. I'm from NZ so never experienced anything like this before, especially at a Casino lol. Thank you for a great experience to the Super friendly team at Barona Resort & Casino!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bring_1t_0n
Redondo Beach, CA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to Barona for my birthday with my husband and my brother's family (total of 7). Spent time in the casino. Nice large non-smoking area. Since it was our first time, they actually came up personally to welcome us as we were playing. There is an ice cream vendor in the food court that is to die for. LARGE scoop is just $0.50!!! We went to dinner at The Steakhouse. Fantastic service and the steaks were so delicious. We didn't stay at the resort but will the next time we go. All staff were extremely friendly. Even the gardeners were waving and welcoming us to the property.
Important to drinkers: Alcohol is only served in eating establishments because they don't want patrons to over indulge. Road out is pretty steep and winding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

It is always a good time here! We came in from a week of post holiday SoCal traveling to relax. Friendly staff, little chocolates, and I like the in-room Keurig machine. I love the food court. Especially, the burritos. Plus, winning makes it even sweeter! Don't forget to ask for your comps (free play, points, money for food court)!!! If you don't ask, they won't give it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ren12317
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
Sycuan Golf Resort
#2 of 15 in El Cajon
Ayres Lodge Alpine
#1 of 2 in Alpine
Downtown
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Carlton Oaks
#2 of 3 in Santee

Been to Barona Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!