“Casino With No Liquor!!!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barona Resort & Casino

Barona Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
A TripAdvisor Member
“Casino With No Liquor!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2005

The hotel was very nice. The rooms were great, great service. BUT!!!!
I can't imagine a casino without liquor. They should at least mention this on there web site or when you are making your reservations. This was a big disappointment.

• Stayed April 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
CINCINNATI OHIO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2005

We visited Barona Casino last July 2004 and I loved everything about it- nice rooms- good food and fair slot pay outs!!!! It is not close to me as I live in Cincinnati Ohio or i would go more often
Sandy

• Stayed July 2004
1 Thank LUCKYMAMA
Winterville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2005

Living in San Diego, I've had the opportunity to go to Barona several times for gambling expeditions. The new casino area is a marked improvement over the circus style tent casino that existed previously. However, I didn't have an opportunity to stay at Barona until this past Monday and I am very happy my partner and I decided to take up Barona on a free room offer. The inside of the hotel was immaculate. Check-in was probably the quickest I have had at a hotel and literally took under a minute. The room was very spacious, faced the pool area which next time I plan on using since it looked fantastic. The room included a couch, a large, comfortable and well kept bed. The bathroom was large by normal standards and contained not only a bathtub but a separate shower as well. Amenities included a coffee maker, shower caps, soaps, mouthwash, body lotion, etc. The wake-up call was right on time.

The casino area itself has improved over time and has most of my favorite slots including Cleopatra Keno, Eagle Rock, Seal Deal, and a host of newer games. There are also games at Barona that I haven't seen elsewhere. We had the luck to bring only $200 and leave with $780. Not bad. Hit $100.00 6 times on Multi-Card Keno (6 out of 7) and hit $150.00 on Eagle Rock.

Overall, great casino and excellent hotel. Will be taking them up on their free offer in March.

• Stayed February 2005
5 Thank Gceres
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2004

This is probably one of the nicest hotel I had ever stayed at. The hotel staff was wonderful, the room was very big and CLEAN. The staff totally took care of you. I went downstairs to gamble and when I came back, the maid left chocolate mints on my pillow. In the morning, they gave me a free newspaper in front of my door. They treated you very well and it cost me under $100 a night. The Hotel/Casino is located in the middle of nowhere but this is common for Indian Casinos. If you come at a busy time, its hard to find a $10 minimum BJ table. Never saw minimum under $25 for Paigow. The food here was great, buffet was better than most las vegas buffet and cafe was better than average. I really enjoyed this hotel/casino, I would recommend this if you want to get away from San Diego and want to relax and gamble.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2004

We stayed there in October of 2003. We honeymooned in San Diego and I found this hotel on Expedia. It looked beautiful in the pictures and was I relieved to see it in person. The hotel was beautiful. It was full of gorgeous views. Our room was one of the best I have ever stayed in. Every room has a balcony and our room had a great view of the mountains and golf course. The drive was a bit far, but well worth it. The only complaint is that the casino was dry - no alcholic beverages served at all. But, there was plenty to do at the hotel. The food was great and the staff was friendly. For the price, you will not find anything better than this in Southern California!

1 Thank tadadd
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2004

What a great little secret!. This resort was outstanding. I didn't know what to expect driving out to the boonies to an Indian Casino, but this more than exceeded my expectations. This place easily compares with the Las Vegas Casinos/Resorts.

Beautiful property: golf course views, lake, pool, etc - pay extra for the lake view room, the pool view isn't bad, but the lake view is even better!

Beautiful rooms: I felt like I was in a 5 star resort. The beds and pillow are super comfy, the bathroom is spacious and nice, and every room has a balcony.

Great food and great gaming. We won at this casino within 20 mins of playing and our money lasted a long time. They have the lastest games, some I've never even seen in Vegas. Plus they have a section of the casino that is smoke free! The food was a little pricey, but it was outstanding.

Barona is only 30 mins from San Diego (with no traffic), so the drive is definitely worth it (it seems like it's in the middle of nowhere). I've stayed in "5" star places in San Diego, for triple the price and Barona was a better place to stay.

1 Thank DJ926
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2004

The hotel is very nice, but for $129 per night I would'nt expect anything less. I stayed in room 7001 and discovered that I was actually placed next to some sort of staffing room at the end of the hall that subjected me to all the noise the staff made through the night and early morning hours with constant chatter and door slamming. I just hope that each floor does not have one of these staffing rooms or this will not be the last time a complaint like this will not be heard by a guest. Overall if you are looking for an alternative to Vegas.....this is not the place, unless your just into the gambling aspect of it, the non-existent night life of this place makes it somewhat boring and the lack of roulette or big-6 games is disappointing.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge
#2 of 14 in El Cajon
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Days Inn San Diego-East/El Cajon
Viejas Casino & Resort

Been to Barona Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!