“Owner lack of confirmation” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Kingman, Arizona
“Owner lack of confirmation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I made a reservation at this motel over a week in advance thru Expedia and received a confirmation from the Inn. We arrived on 7/9 at 5:30 (after a 6 hour dive from Arizona).
We were behind a man trying to get back into the motel after leaving because of the unit next to them had someone smoking cigars. The manager was saying that the unit they had checked out of was already taken and the rate was now $125/ night. He said OK. We got to the counter and showed her the confirmation letter and she said there were no rooms available. I protested and she said "we have the right to refuse service to anyone"! They might have the right to refuse service; but, we made an "offer" for a room and guaranteed it with a credit card "value" and they made an confirmation number "an acceptance" this is a contract - I'm quite sure they would have taken our money if we had not arrived.

Room Tip: Don't rely on previous confirmations as to price or available room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jim M
Korey2004, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Jim M: I just realized that I haven't responded to your review. I'm extremely sorry for the way things turned out for you. Believe me, it wasn't like us. Just in case you come our way again, please stop-in. We are now an America's Best Value Inn and Suites and we have a completely different Reservation Management System. Many thanks for your review, Andy Holmberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
granada hill california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

nice quiet and clean place we had a very good experiance my family and I really enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: higher rooms have less noise
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bessy H
Innoflancaster, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Hi Pookiers:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We will always do our best to make you happy. Hurry Back. Lynda
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I came down here to visit some friends, decided to stay here as it was close to my friends place. The customer service was excellent very friendly and knowledgable front desk staff, the room was spacious and very clean. The grounds looked gorgeous. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pookiers
Innoflancaster, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Forgive me, I somehow neglected to thank you for the great review. I really appreciate it. Andy Holmberg
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family and I stay there when in town to visit some family members. The last time was for my dad's funeral. Through those trying times it definitely helped to have a place that was very comfortable.

Every time we've enjoyed our stay at the Inn of Lancaster. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make our stays pleasant. The rooms were sparkling clean and everything worked perfectly. The hotel is a beautiful property with lush, well kept grass, flowers and trees and is definitely a great value.

They also provide an extravagant delicious Continental Breakfast. The Free High Speed Wi-Fi and Business Center were highly reliable and fast and are among their many amenities not found in most mid-priced hotels.

We would definitely stay there again and will highly recommend the hotel to our friends and associates.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank John K
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Myself and my wife traveled to Lancaster, CA from San Diego, CA for our niece's commencement from West Coast Baptist College. We stayed at the Inn of Lancester, the staff are friendly and helpful, clean rooms,great vaule and quite! We enjoyed our stay at the Inn of Lancaster. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through Lancaster or just need a rest for the night.

Room Tip: Any room is great, if summer close to the pool is better.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EricFerdinand
victorville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Had to stay in Lancaster area for about a week and had heard good things about the Inn. I wasn't disappointed. Very clean rooms, friendly staff and centrally located.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Douglas D
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Inn of Lancaster for our state cup games for soccer. We needed a place near the fields that didn't break the bank. We were very pleased with the Inn of Lancaster. Yes, it's on Sierra Hwy which some considered "unsafe" but really, much of Lancaster could be considered "unsafe." I found the area fine--much of Lancaster looks "tired" and a bit run down but the streets were clean and I saw no graffiti any where. I felt safe the weekend were there--tons of other soccer families and lots of kids. But I still made sure my car and hotel room doors were locked since it's just common sense to do so.

Yes, the inn is a bit dated but it's very clean. The room was spotless! Great job housekeeping. The queen bed was nice and comfy. We loved having a mini frig and microwave. My kids also enjoyed the heated pool and jacuzzi (bit tiny though). The breakfast was the usual dry cereal, frozen waffles, bagels, muffins, OJ and coffee. It was fine and we noticed the staff spent quite a bit of time cleaning the mess folks seemed to make.

Overall, we were pleased with the room and our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelMum2014
Korey2004, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Travel Mum: It was very embarrassing to peruse Trip Advisor Reviews and find we haven't responded to yours from Feb 2012. I really do appreciate your stay with us and the time you took to write the review. We are now America's Best Value Inn & Suites. I respectfully invite you to come back again. Thank you, Andy Holmberg.