“What a nice place....”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Petoskey, Michigan
“What a nice place....”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

BUT let's start with the BIG negative. If you don't need a taxi, bypass this paragraph because the rest of the review is exceptional. DON'T use Euro Taxi run by William. I supposedly arranged a run to the metrolink, about a mile away, the evening before I had to leave. He said he would call me 15 min. before he had to pick me up to confirm. NO call. I called him. No answer. The desk clerk called. No answer. She called another cab. 20-30 min. away. That's too late. A 3rd call by her got a cab to me in time. I was so releaved at not missing my train, I can't even tell you which one it was. Anyway, big tip for this guy. Supposedly William is only interested in the big fares.

OK, about the motel. I stayed here 2 times in a week. Everything was great, except for no CC on the flat screen TV, and I'm hard of hearing. The staff is excellent. The room has everything: Comfortable bed and pillows, microwave, fridge, sofa, tables, in room coffee, tub, great air conditioner. There's a pool and laundry. Free wi-fi, and an OK breakfast in the AM. Can't say enough. There are a couple of eating places and a convenience store within walking distance. The small Mexican fast food place right next door, was delicious and cheap.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the 2nd floor so you don't hear people walking above you. But it's not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Korey2004, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear AT-Nak:
Thank you very much for your great review. We humbly accept your compliments and look forward to seeing you again. I'm sorry you had the taxi problem; I wish I was at the hotel to give you a ride. Euro-Taxi has been chastised about the terrible customer service they provided to you. Thanks again and we wish you safety and health as you continue your travels. Sincerely, Andy Holmberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
calif
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Large room with plenty of space to put your things. Clean refrigerator and microwave. Even with 2 queen beds there was room for a table and 2 chairs. Very quiet, no street noise at all, nice shady area's to park. Continental breakfast had 6-7 kinds of cereal, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, muffins and lots of sweet rolls.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank califtulip
Korey2004, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Califtulip: Thank you so much for your very flattering review. We all read the reviews and my staff is motivated to do excellent work when a review like yours is received. Many thanks again, Andy Holmberg
Concord, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed here many times in the last 10 years. It needs a major face lift. The beds were uncomfortable and our blanket didn't smell that great. The bathroom was full of ants. When I lifted the tray with the ice bucket some small bugs came out. I am not too sure what they were?? The continental breakfast has really improved. The woman who was running the breakfast went above and beyond to make sure that I got what I want.. I gave it a 3 star because the staff was very nice. They do have a washer and dryer and plenty of parking. I will not stay there again and I have stayed there many times and this was very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kmom2001
Dear Kmom2001: Thank you very much for your review. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to submit it. I'm very sorry for the deficiencies you experienced with our service. I was very disappointed to read about your problems. Everything has been squared away and the causes for the problems identified and corrected. We sincerely hope you will come back again. Thanks again, Andy Holmberg
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I was staying there for my sister's graduaton and we were looking for a inexpensive hotel to spend the night. And based on TripAdvisor we chose America's Best Value Inn & Suite service and it had a great breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, best value in Lancaster!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cholhye K: Many thanks for your very flattering review. We all appreciate it and we appreciate the time you spent writing it. We're glad you like us and hope to see you again. Many thanks again, Andy Holmberg
San Marcos
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a delightful surprise. Accommodations were quiet, spacious, comfy and clean. This is an older property, very expansive, with many mature trees shading walkways. That's a big "plus" in hot, dry, desert Lancaster. Unusual cacti blooming in planters added a nice touch.
Got a suite here for the price of a room elsewhere—it had a recliner, which was much appreciated after a tough day of travel.
Staff was friendly and knowledgeable; reading material in lobby included a Mensa magazine - wow!
The only thing that was just fair, rather than great, was the breakfast. Not bad, just nothing to write home about.

We'd definitely stay here again if we go through Lancaster.

Room Tip: Suites are in back, and are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bionic Woman: Thank you so much for the beautiful, eloquent review. We want to please every guest 100% and really appreciate your comments. We must have skipped a beat on breakfast; so we will fix that. Many thanks, Andy Holmberg
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

BRAVO to this great little hotel. This is a hotel run by extremely friendly people who view themselves like a college friend of mine who owns a bed and breakfast: they are friendly innkeepers, trying to make you welcome, not just people who are on a shift in a motel. The breakfast room lady was going out of her way to be helpful. GREAT internet, comfortable room, extremely clean. So it's not recently built? Who CARE? The price is right, good continental breakfast with several choices. Nice hot water and bathroom. I travel a LOT and will begin my second national school tour in the fall. I only hope I run into more motels like this. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe G
Korey2004, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear SDEntertainer: Thank you so much. Your review is GREAT also. It is very heartwarming for us to be described as you have. We never stop trying and your words serve to motivate us all. Thank you very much for staying with us; we anxiously wait to see you again.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stay at the Inn every year for a week; sometimes twice a year. I love that the same front desk and breakfast room staff are there, and they have been nothing but sweet, helpful and attentive, even remembering my name and why I'm there!

The rooms are dated, for sure, but they are the cleanest hotel/motel rooms I've stayed in, and the beds are super comfortable. Big expensive hotel chains can't often keep a good handle on their maintenance and quality control. I've NEVER come across anything of concern in my rooms. When I've come across anything that needed attention (a faucet or something), they fix it immediately and you don't even know they've been there.

The mattresses are great, but also the sheets are nice and soft. I would recommend slightly loftier pillows, but that's just my preference.

The hot tub and pool are super clean and not overly chlorinated.

Despite the great low price, the clientele are always quiet, in my experience. As a solo female traveler, I've never felt unsafe or disturbed.

See you in the fall!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank nirble
Korey2004, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Many thanks for your great review. We do our best and comments like yours are very encouraging. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again. Andy Holmberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Comfort Inn & Suites
#9 of 14 in Lancaster
Ramada Palmdale
Ramada Palmdale
#10 of 15 in Palmdale

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lancaster? Share your experiences!