“Scarry Area”
Review of Motel 6 Lancaster

Motel 6 Lancaster
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here for the Lancaster State Soccer tournament. Yikes! Needed to go on a budget this trip. This area was scarry. I think this is the first hotel we have ever stayed in where I felt uncomfortable letting the kids walk around by themselves. Palmdale is 8 miles away and seemed a little safer. Of course the price is right if this type of thing doesn't bother you but our standards are a little higher.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dprell
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lancaster

Reviewed 12 July 2012

The rooms are Gross. Being a single traveler, the 3 am pounding on my door, scared the crap out of me and the staff just offered to move me. I felt very unsafe. I have stayed at other motel 6 motels with great experiences. There are a lot of week workers who stay there, but also a lot of trash. So if your a guy who just wants to sleep, sleep and get out. but if you have kids you might want to find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank April S
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I am a truck driver and had to lay over for one night. Typically, I like Motel 6. Not happy here...the bed was worn out, old and very uncomfortable, there was no shampoo, and the room was very bright because the drapes didn't keep the light out. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We recently moved from Ohio to Lancaster CA and needed a place to stay for 30 days while we waited on our new home to close. We stayed at several of the local hotels and motels looking for a place. I can only say that the Motel 6 in Lancaster is absolutely the WORST hotel we've ever stayed in! Absolutely NO amenities. We had to pay an additional fee to use the internet and then it wouldn't connect and they wouldn't refund the fee. They said there must be something wrong with my computer. REALLY?? We had no refrigerator, no microwave and possibly the oldest junkiest TV left on the planet! The only thing this hotel had going for it was Carrows Restaurant in the front parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarineMom63
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We're from sleepy England so places like this I thought only existed in US movies (bad ones).

The place was full of dealers, a Hispanic guy had his door open on the landing standing in his underwear for everyone to see walking up the stairs mumbling something I couldnt understand. Walking into the room to be fair was acceptable. Basic and in my view clean. This was an emergency stop for us so didn't expect the Ritz.

Constant car alarms, shouting and slamming doors add to the sense of menace and unpleasantness of the stay. If you can I would avoid.

The rate was $44(£28) so is cheap

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Andy R
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Everything you read in the previous reviews is accurate. We were headed to Palm Springs from San Simeon and decided to stop for the night around Palmdale. However, by the time we reached Lancaster, we were tired and decided to grab a room there. Big mistake. After a luke-warm reception at the check-in counter and a relatively high rate of $55/night for Motel 6, the first thing we encountered on our way to our room was a guy in a pickup truck in the parking lot BLASTING rap music at full volume and bass. We then saw a guy in dreadlocks come out from a room and it appears by his conversation with the occupant that they had just completed a drug deal. The pool was extremely filthy and when I walked up the stairs to the second level, I saw a girl about 5 years old completely alone standing by the staircase with no adult supervision (similar to what a previous reviewer had described). Our "non-smoking" room was about as smokey as a room could be, and the sink would not drain properly. After dinner, we decided to walk down the street where we saw a woman sitting on her front porch, clearly on drugs, while her toddler son was trying to climb over the front gate. Some of the people in the area looked dangerous seemed to loiter around the hotel and restaurant parking lots. The cherry on the top was when we were awakened during the night on three separate occasions to what we believe were the sound of gunshots. The motel next door looked a bit better and seemed to be cheaper, and other parts of Lancaster seemed reasonably clean and safe. However, Palmdale is only a few minutes down the road, and it seems like a much smaller and more rural area (i.e. safer). Unless your standards are extremely low (i.e. you're at home in the ghetto), I would avoid this place at all costs. It's more of the kind of experience I'd expect to find in south-central LA... only it's not. OK, you've been warned.

Room Tip: try a motel in a different city, like Palmdale
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Once I booked my room I was stuck. What I mean by this is that they did not want to give my money back. The room was nasty. Had a terrible scent, bugs in the tub, one bed wasn't made, and the refrigerator was unplugged. After complaining they put me in another room which was clean, but I had a bug problem. The guy at the front desk acted like he didn't understand English when I told him that I needed to go to a bug free room. He made a sarcastic joke and said people from TX are used to those bugs, but I told him not in their room. I canceled the next night, but I was told that I couldn't get my money back, so I had to stay again. I used the bleach and comet to clean out the bathroom again. I also had to buy some towels b/c every towel in their bathroom, except 1 had some type of hair or spot on it. Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank latarchau