“thought it was good, but not outstanding.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Huarache Loco Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 46 Restaurants in Larkspur
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a simple and delicious restaurant serving Mexico City street food--the food is fresh, quickly but carefully prepared.It's located close to the Larkspur Ferry Terminal (where the San Francisco ferries come in as well as close to a movie theater. (Here is the review I wanted to post: This was our third time eating in this restaurant--and we have really enjoyed it every time. Previously I've really enjoyed salads, which featured super fresh ingredients and tasty dressings. I've also enjoyed the chicken mole--the mole was savory without the bitterness that sometimes happens with mole. Tonight I had a hurache with a pollo asada topping--it was delicious! The prices are a little high but the quality of the food leaves me with the sense that it's money well spent! Thanks for considering this restaurant--I wanted to share this gem!
Reviewed 5 May 2014

had the favorite haunches, and it was dry and seemed like it was made a while before we got there. the tamale special was great, tho, and the outdoor patio was super fun for the whole family. i just wasn't blown away, but would go back.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Taqueria's are our standard go to for most meals. I mistakingly thought this was going to be the same. No Way!! The flavors were totally different. All of the food had a handmade quality to it. We had beef tacos and a quesadilla to share. Corn tortillas were made by hand and the beef was grilled to order. Delicious lunch. The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated.

Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Just finished a delicious meal at El Huarache Loco that included sopa azteca, a huarache with tiga (essentially stewed chicken), and ensalada dona luz (salad with lime dressing, queso fresco, avocado, pumpkin seeds, etc.). In short - it was delicious, served fast, and the employees are friendly. This place is a great gem just across from the Larkspur ferry terminal in the shopping center. I know... "How could you possibly find great authentic Mexican food in a shopping center?" - but YES - you can!!

1  Thank f_figgs
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The food is not only excellent, very flavorful, but the atmosphere is relaxing and fun at the outdoor tables with you dog at your side. And when you are all done you can stop and get an ice cream at Three Twins and then leisurely stroll around the shopping center.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Have been here 10 times (lunch & dinner) and once for breakfast. Really doesn't get any better than this. We've tried the burritos, tacos and chicken mole which are all very good, but think we'll stick to the huaraches which are different and so good. Great ague fresco, too. At breakfast order the huevos divorciados - devine.

1  Thank SFTraveler031