“Dine-In-Marin - delivers good restaurant meals”
Review of Dine-In Marin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dine-In Marin
Ranked #35 of 43 Restaurants in Larkspur
Monrovia, California
“Dine-In-Marin - delivers good restaurant meals”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My elderly parents live in Marin and I live in Southern California. During 6 weeks of cancer treatment my dad needs to stay out of the kitchen for 48 hours, and my mom has memory impairment. So the dilemma was to have some nice home cooked meals delivered.

I researched the choices and selected Dine-In-Marin, because the restaurant choices were not just fast food pizza and Chinese, but many fine restaurants.

At first I just guessed what might be appealing to some elderly folks who eat out regularly, have small appetites. Flavorful, healthy and comforting lunches and dinners two days a week.

Soon they were looking over the menu themselves and telling me what to order! They split the entrees (or salads or sandwiches) and lately, I've been ordering both lunch and dinner at lunchtime at their request.

They have been most pleased with the meals from Toast In Novato. I have been most pleased with the great, nicely layed out ordering website, and when I have called (to ask questions, or rectify an error I had made) Michal has been more than helpful and very friendly. He is part of the family that runs the business.

The fixed delivery fee is $6.95 and you add your own gratuity. I tip well because I am so happy that my parents get a dining-out experience, with super tasty and attractive meals delivered to their house. We are on week 5 of 6 week cancer treatments, and I suspect my parents will let me continue to treat them to 2 days of meals each week. I hope so.

The one time I goofed up, I ordered 2 days meals delivered on the same day. I called and explained, and while I was on the phone, Michael sent the order to the restaurant and within an hour it was delivered! I was really relieved!

Tips: If ordering for someone else, like I do, you might pick restaurants near their house, so the commute traffic won't cause delays in delivery. Ordering at noon is no problem traffic-wise, and that's what I do now, but we've never had a late delivery.

This is a great service, and I wish them success!

• Visited May 2014