“Another great stay at a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Reviewed 25 June 2014

On a drive trip from Washington state to Southern California we stopped at this HI Express for an overnight stay. It is a typical HI Express....very clean and comfortable rooms with microwave and refrigerator in the room. We booked a king non smoking and received a large room with an additional sofa and a comfortable chair. The location was easy access to from the freeway but no noise from the freeway. Not much in the way of restaurants in the immediate location if you are looking for something other than fast food or pizza. Did find a good family run Mexican restaurant nearby. Breakfast in the morning is complimentary as is the Wi-Fi in the rooms. Good choice for a road trip or business trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pfs67
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear pfs67,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop! I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms large and comfortable and our breakfast good. I will share your feedback with our staff as I am sure they will love to read the positive review. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel whenever you are in the area! Happy Travels!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was 10 pm, I had been driving for many hours, I needed to sleep and I was without a reservation.... I spotted the hotel from the freeway and it was a 2 minute drive from the off-ramp. The room had everything I needed and, while the freeway was close, it couldn't be heard so I had a good night's sleep. In the morning, I left too early for the breakfast. While my stay was very short, I'd stay at this property again. It was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SoCalMare
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear SoCalMare,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Lathrop. As it being your first Holiday Inn Express experience, I'm delighted to hear you had a great stay. Our hotel staff takes great pride in being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town. I will share your feedback with our staff as I am sure they will love to read the positive review. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future! Happy travels!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I loved all the little details. Loved the bath and body works products and that they still offer the lotion (some hotels have eliminated this!) This was our first Holiday Inn Express experience and i was nervous. We needed a crib and it was there in the room ready for us on arrival. We checked in super late and it was the smoothest easiest check in. The room was perfect, the shower was hot with great products, and the breakfast was hot and yummy. Couldn't have had a better stay. besides all that, they only charged 5000 points for a night! Cant beat that!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Podperf

Dear Podperf,

I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lathrop, Ca. As it being your first Holiday Inn Express experienced, I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and our breakfast good. I will share your feedback with our staff as I am sure they will love to read the positive review. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our one night stay in this hotel was very comfortable. Rooms spacious and very clean. Beds nice and comfy. Staff were extremely helpful. Guest laundry, free parking, complimentary breakfast and free wifi. Only down side would be that this hotel is next to a truck wash, but we didn't here the trucks at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Polly S
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Polly S.
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lathrop. Our hotel staff takes great pride in being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town and I am happy to hear our staff was able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please feel free to request the opposite side of the hotel whenever you are in town and we will be happy to accommodate your requests whenever possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

First stay at this place. I usually stay at the HIE South Stockton which is nearby. Honestly, I was amazed when I opened the door to the room! I never expected such a gigantic room. It was 2 or 3 times as big as I was used to for HIE hotels.
The room was not only huge it was in very good condition. Breakfast was reasonably good. I will definitely be returning to this hotel when I travel to the area for the sheer joy of relaxing in a king sized room in a moderate priced hotel. Internet worked great, room was quiet for the most part.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adnora
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Adnora,
I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lathrop, Ca. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms large and comfortable and our breakfast good. I will share your feedback with our staff as I am sure they will love to read the positive review. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

But for the disappointing breakfast, would have rated this hotel 5 stars. It is new, immaculate, well-located just off the I-5 and very good value. It will be our hotel of choice on our way to Palm Springs from now on. Breakfast was disapppointing in that it had the standard pre-fab egg, sausage, biscuit and gravy. But no fresh fruit or even particarly hot coffee. But Starbucks is within walking distance. So it's workable.

Stayed: March 2014
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Sunfunfamily

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a good breakfast is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We do apologize for the inconvenience that was caused. We are in the middle of a transition to provide our wonderful guests a healthier way to start the day. Which means, there will be a large variety to choose from to get you going. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to call the hotel at 209-373-2700.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I gave this hotel 5 stars in 2011, and have been staying here an average of twice a month for the past 2 years. I'm moving to a different hotel though, for reason below:
Pros: room rates are very good for the area. Rooms are large, beds comfortable, and the location is quiet given it's next to the freeway and a truck stop. Breakfast is standard HIE (good), and the wifi is usually reliable.
Cons: the deferred maintenance is really catching up to the building. all the tables in the breakfast room, desks, and dressers are chipped badly. The last 3 rooms I stayed in all had peeling wallpaper. This hotel has become popular with construction crews and more often than not there will be a truck or two pulling a trailer that takes up 3 or 4 parking spaces.
And, the level of service has declined.
They've done away with the bottle of water in the room, and the goodie bag for rewards club member has disappeared as well.,
On the surface it appears that the owners are trying to save their way to more profits. It's still a comfortable place to sleep, but it's now on the same level as a quality inn, simply average. For the same money you can stay in a newer Hampton in Manteca with a much higher level of service.
I've enjoyed staying at this hotel for 3 years, but sadly it's time for me to move on.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lkm55
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear lkm55,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms large and comfortable and our breakfast good. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the overall condition of our property and parking may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. We value you as our IHG Rewards Club member.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Stockton Southeast
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Lathrop

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!