“Doesn't live up to its name”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The senior internet price was very good, but we were glad we were only staying one night. Carpets didn't appear too clean, wallpaper was peeling, the bathroom fan looked grungy and there was almost no cold water at the bathroom sink. We had only 2 bath towels, no wash cloths or hand towels. The young woman at the front desk was very friendly and efficient and although on her own got us towels and toiletries as soon as she was able. Breakfast was fairly good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Nice airy and probably new lobby area have a great first impression.
But it was downhill from there.... Let's just say that this is an older hotel which is pretty worn, and too much money.
I only stayed one night but also had a reservation for a few days later.
I cancelled my reservation....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The hotel needs some TLC. The lobby is clean and large and we were met by friendly staff. The room we had 105, we could not get the door open. Our other room, 104 opened without any trouble. After trying for awhile we returned to the desk and they said, "oh yes, you need to lift that handle up!". Why didn't they say something when we checked in. Rooms were large but tired. Our bathroom door would not close for some reason. Also there was exposed electrical panel with no cover on it, we had two chairs around a spot for a table, but the table was missing. Lots of little things like this. Breakfast was okay, some hot stuff and then the regular items. The bed was comfortable how ever.

Room Tip: Second floor away from freeway
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The only nice thing I can say about this place was the desk clerk who checked me in was nice. The parking lot was cramped. You gained access to your room from the outside and the long corridor we had to walk through to get to our first floor room was very dark and creepy. The door and walls were so thin you could here everything anyone said as they walked by. The furniture and carpet were old and worn. The carpet stunk. The bed was not completely made. The thin material that served as a bedspread was not smoothed and tucked under but haphazardly thrown on the end of the bed. There were only 3 small pillows on the king bed. I got my contoured memory foam pillow and brought it in so my husband could use the three flat ones. I made the mistake of leaving it. When I called to ask about it the clerk that answered said he would look into it and call me. I've not heard from him yet. If I were ever back in that area I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Cindy F
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Health department should close this place down. Just all around inside and out disgusting. Dirty carpet, mold in the shower, ripped curtains, no bath towels, tv didn't work, the pool well I won't let my baby dog in it. And this is the kicker not kidding, there was a cows tongue by the pool. When my husband and I showed the girl at the front desk her response was, oh that's gross. Well no kidding..... the coffee well don't even waste your time. Take my word fellow travelers, DRIVE BY AND DON'T LOOK BACK.........

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sicchik
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The hotel room looked okay when we first checked in and then saw the couch was all torn and there was other damage in the room. The tub took forever to fill and the shower was pathetic. Good luck if you have anything other than pixie short hair. The "free breakfast" was horrific. Toaster broken, waffle iron there, but no batter. No orange juice, no coffee, no hot oatmeal. Very dirty! Don't book this for breakfast purposes. This is right off the freeway and is basically a truck stop. The workout room was just laughable as all the equipment was broken. We didn't book this for the workout room but convenience to a graduation. The mattress was so broken down on one side. We go on about this room, but I believe you get the picture. Keep on looking. Go to a Courtyard, Fairfield inn if you can find one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vhallred
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Fleas, pubic hairs on supposed clean bed at check in gang graffiti on walls. The smell is over whelming, used three cans of Lysol and room still smells horrible. I will never stay here again. Dog in swimming pool with the maids kids. Never will stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank peanutpinky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tracy

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!