“small friendly business.”

Add it.
Coco Cabana Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went tonight for the first time with my kids, I had the chicken quesadillla and it was great. Also ordered a side of rice and beans to go that was excelllent. Rice and beans as simple as can be are actually what people screw up. Price was great service was friendly,, will be going there again.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

Ready for a review from a true customer, well here it is...

Honestly, what type of restaurant does not provide salsa or jalapenos? They didn't even make their food with authentic spices, last I recalled cilantro was used upon tacos, am I right? Especially, considering the factor that they are labeled a "Mexican Restaurant".

I mean I am a true Mexican and what bothers me is when people mislabel their restaurants... come on society please either make the authentic dishes and food to be well represented. Nice try though. I mean seriously, I was better off buying some tacos from the taco trucks, seriously.

I'd rather be a stray cat in the street digging for food, if you ask me.

Reviewed 7 June 2009

Lunch, Thursday, June 4, 2009. [--] Yes, Laton, CA, a small farming town, is off the beaten path but it's worth the side trip to dine on authentic Mexican food at the Coco Cabana. When in Fresno on business, I always make time for the 40 minute drive southwest to Laton to dine at the Coco Cabana for lunch or dinner.

The owner, Manuel, is always cheerful, pleasant, and very helpful if you need a description of some of the myriad menu offerings. Yes, he and his small staff do it all -- waitering, bartending, cooking, etc. Complimentary home made tortias and salsa start the meal. A glass of wine before dining is truly a glass of good basic wine, not the small la-de-da glass you normally get with high-priced vintages. Other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are also available. I ordered the Supreme Burrito plate this trip. The burrito was absolutely huge (!) so be forewarned and order a regular Burrito if you don't have two hollow legs. But yes, I did finish it all and almost cleaned my plate of the side beans w/cheese and rice.

And if you're looking for an out of the way place for a party, Coco Cabana also offers a separate party room with food and bar service for special occasions.

You can't go wrong with anything offered at Coco Cabana -- everything is home made and delicious.