“Mediocare stay at best.”

Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
New York City, New York
“Mediocare stay at best.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We came here after staying a few nights at a great hotel near Palm Springs. We felt like we were coming from the Ritz to Motel 6. The hotel is appealing from the outside, and seems comfy upon arrival. The beds were clean, but although recently being updated it still felt slightly dingy. I did like that there was free wifi and a fridge in the room. I tried not to be discouraged as we were staying there only 3 nights and it was close to where we needed to be. When I woke up in the morning I woke up to ants all over the sink. We were traveling with a baby and left the bottles and other baby items out to dry...so this completely disgusted me. I notified the front desk and they said they would spray in there (which I wasn't crazy about) or we could move. We had too much stuff, so we decided to stay put. The next morning I did see ants, but not as many. It was annoying having to use the keys to move the elevator up and down, but I do understand the security measures behind it.

We took advantage of the free breakfast once. It was ok, nothing great. It is good to save a few dollars eating out. They had some bagels, cereal, eggs, and bacon, with juice and coffee. We did not use the pool, but it was incredibly small.

I told them about the ants again at check out, and they gave me some lame excuse about them coming up because of the heat. I just came from the desert and did not see one ant.

If I was in the area I would probably not stay here again. And if I did, it would only be because of the 3 minute drive from family in the area. I would probably try my luck at somewhere else in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nitesh K, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review. Your business is very important to us and take your opinions and critique very seriously. We apologize for the ants in the room and that we could not get rid off all the ants immediately. We try to accommodate a guest to a new room when a guest is unhappy with the room they are currently in and we understand that it does become an inconvenience if too much luggage is involved (and are willing to help move it if need be). I am glad to hear that you were able to make it to the breakfast in the morning, but please let us know what we can do to improve the breakfast experience for our guests. Once again I apologize that your stay did not meet the standards you were expecting and if you would give us a chance we would like to make your next experience a better one

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Concord, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked this hotel based on the reviews from the trusted Tripadvisor, BAD DECISION!! Actually hotel over all seems okay, I'd say from the looks 3.8 out of 5 stars. The rooms were actually pretty nice and clean... Now here's where and why I rate this at a solid 3 out of 5 stars OVERALL.. When we first got there, lady at reception was nice, pleasant service... Got into the rooms after a long day at the beach and guess what? NO FREAKEN SHOWER CURTAIN!! We've stayed at soooo many different hotels over just the past couple years, actually this was our 3rd hotel within the week during our SoCal Vacay!!! And the worst of all 3!!
So anyway, called front desk to report about the missing shower curtain and was told by the same pleasant lady who checked us in that she would let housekeeping know and they should be up shortly... Okay. Well about 15 mins. Pass and still no housekeeper our a courtesy call to follow up. So I call back, this time pleasant lady wasn't too pleasant anymore, actually kinda irritated from the sound of her voice. And said, well there's probably no one around "you know" that's why they didnt come up, but I'll call again and give you a call back soon. So I said well ok, we just need to shower soon...This time another 20 mins pass by and in say forget it, we gotta shower. So after we all shower, floor is wet, towels are all used up because we have to wipe down the floors and almost 2 hours later, I decide to call again. This time a gentleman answers, so I tell him I'm very upset because I've been waiting and waiting for someone to come up and put on a shower curtain and NO ONE HAS SHOWED UP OR CALLED ME BACK... Now floor is wet and towels all used up... I go on to tell him this is very unacceptable!! So he tells me "without apologizing" that they had 6-7 check ins that's why no one came... REALLY!!! So he says I'll come up my self right now!

Well the dude didnt show up, the pleasant-not so pleasant lady shows up and FINALLY PUTS THE DARN SHOWER CURTAIN UP!!!

I took pictures prior and she even asked me to email to her. Well, i did and even did that for her within 5 mins.... Lol

So as we pass the check in counter/lobby to get dinner, I noticed not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 FREAKEN PEOLPLE behind the counter!!!! REALLY!! And not one couldn't help me 2 hours earlier.. BAD FIRST IMPRESSION!!!

And oh ya not to mention, there breakfast area is twice the size SMALLER than most hotels, SO YOU BETTER GET THERE VERY EARLY TO CLAIM A TABLE!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Nitesh K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review. Your feed back is very important to us and I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. I am glad that everything else in the room was pleasant and apologize again for the inconvenience the lack of a shower curtain might have caused you and for the unprofessional way that it was handled. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make up for the negative first experience that you experienced.
Hanoi
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well located near LAX airport with free airport transfer. Very spacious room with free wifi and breakfast included. Reasonable price for the amenities provided. The staff was very co-operative and my stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank haresh2009
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. All our staff was so pleased to read your comments, our whole team are really proud of our hotel and pride themselves on their customer service levels and it is always rewarding to see our guests recognizing this. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity see you again
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights over the Fourth of July holiday. The room was plenty big, everything worked, nice big fridge and microwave. My biggest disappointment was breakfast. The area is way too tiny for so many guests and it was not well stocked. I had to ask the front desk to get someone to restock basic fruit and muffins on two separate days. Other problem I had was the pool is teeny tiny and supposed to be open until 8 but closed at 5 the one day I wanted to use it.

Stayed July 2014
I am glad that you had a comfortable stay in the room and enjoyed the amenities that it had. We will take in to consideration your feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast. I apologize if we sometimes run out of items during certain times (especially the busy hours for breakfast), but we do try out best to get it restocked as much and as quickly as we can and try better in the future to improve on it.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We often use Baymont Hotels when travelling in the States. Clean, comfortable beds, reasonable rates. Can't beat this combination!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Nitesh K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites LAX. It is greatly appreciated when our visitors have enjoyed their experience with us so much so , that they share this experience with us other reviewers . We would like to express our gratitude for our comments which allow us to confirm that our efforts for the well-being of our guests have been met
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale? Share your experiences!