“A great bargain!”

Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I spent 4 nights here recently. The room was clean and comfortable and there were plenty of food options in the do-it yourself breakfast room. This is not a luxury hotel by any means, but it was well worth the $65 a night that we paid. We had booked a room at the Howard Johnson in Torrance but moved to this hotel after learning at check in that there was going to be a power outage in Torrance that night. This room was larger, nicer and less expensive than the Howard Johnson.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 April 2010

We overnighted in LA (arrived about 7pm from LAX and then picked up an RV from Apollo in Hawthorne the next morning so Baymont was a great location for us. When we got through customs I rang the hotel for the complimentary pickup but the shuttle bus was busy so the hotel manager said to jump in a cab and they would pay. What great service to not have to wait! We then arrived at the hotel (not too far from the airport) and we got a room upgrade. The room was excellent. really clean. nice white linen and a fridge etc. right next to starbucks for a morning coffee! We got directions to a close restaurant (Hanks diner) which we were able to walk to (great calamari - massive plate for less than $10!). We slept really well, good bathrooms, good shower pressure. nothing over the top but clean and nice and we paid around $68 (some deal from travelzoo). Complimentary breakfast the next morning was good. we didnt eat the hot food (Some sore of sausage patty and scrambled eggs) but we had lots of choise for cereal as well as bagels and toast, also yoghurt and fruit.
so thanks very much Baymont for welcoming us to the States.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank maidagirl
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I spent hours reading reviews, searching for a hotel for our LA trip. I'm picky about everything and If I don't like something about a hotel, I will NOT stay there. All the big chain hotels in LA seemed to have one problem or another and they were all very pricey . I finally settled on Baymont Suites due to the value (free parking, breakfast and internet). What a good decision this was!
First the location was great - Lawndale is a quiet residential community with a rich history (we watched a program about it on television while dressing one morning). We were able to get anywhere we needed to go (Universal, Santa Monica, Hollywood, LAX airport) EASILY as we were near the 405 freeway. I was glad we didn't stay in Hollywood where it was busy and crowded.
The service was great - we were greeted warmly, they let us check in about 4 hours early and gave us great recommendations for restaurants in the area. The internet worked as well as it does in our home.The breakfast was convenient, hot, varied and saved us a lot of money over five days. There was a parking lot under the hotel and this came in handy as the first day as it was raining. You could tell the hotel was recently renovated but not NEW.So, if you must stay in a a hotel with flat panel TVs, don't stay here, My opinion is, I have these in my home so I don't need to pay extra for them in a hotel, What is more important is the place was very, very clean.
We stayed in a room in front and yes, if I concentrated long enough, I could hear the Starbucks drive-through but WHO CARES? I didn't hear it at night when needed to sleep.
I asked the manager why there was a guard in front (I doubt he was armed) and they said it had to do with the contact that was put in place when Wyndham took over the property.Nothing more than that. I highly recommend this hotel and will patronize if/when I return to LA.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Draylem608
Reviewed 18 February 2010

After staying 4 nights in Hollywood at Days Inn this was a welcome change. Close to Marshalls and Ross, lots of places to eat. Admittedly we were only there for the one night and rather than stay super close to the airport where there is nothing to do other than wait for your flight...... this place compared to Hollywood felt totally safe, Im not sure why the security is necessary during the day as well as throughout the night. I did hear the speaker from Starbucks but could not from my room but thought at the time how annoying that would be for patrons on the Starbucks side. Indeed extremely comfy beds and really clean room. Great speed WIFI and super friendly and efficient staff with complimentary breakfast and shuttle to airport (approx 15 mins). AWESOME loved it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

The greeting when coming in was prompt and most friendly. The room was quiet very clean and charming. The breakfast was hot and very tasty and lots of good food. I stayed at the inn almost all day and every where I turned the staff was down right friendly at all times. Ant service I requested was prompt and efishant.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wayne1754
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Stayed here after a day of sightseeing in LA on the way to southern California on a travelzoo rate of 65$.
The hotel location is easy enough to find in an area that doesn't feel overly safe - hence the armed security guard in the front. Check In was very easy and friendly. There is enough parking, including a parking garage. One of the elevators only occasionally works (which we were advised about by the front desk), so some walking is required.
The rooms were nice enough and clean and offered everything that could reasonably be expected. Free Wireless Internet was offered and worked without any hitch.
There is a Starbucks next door - the drivethrough loudspeaker could be heard from our room throughout the night, this may be different from other rooms.
Breakfast offers a bit more than the average continental breakfast motel fare, i.e. scrambled eggs, yoghurt etc.

I am unsure if it really should be considered an 'LAX' hotel, as we passed the airport on the way and it seems to be a bit out of the way, especially considering that traffic may be bad.

We felt we received a good value for the price we paid, but would not be willing to pay more.
Highs:
- Friendly Staff
- Clean rooms of adequate size
- WiFi, Parking, Breakfast all included and just fine

Lows:
- Location - doesn't feel overly safe
- Elevator has been broken for a while according to earlier reviews
- Overall a little worn out

Recommendation: Book if you get it at a good price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otrx
Reviewed 5 November 2008

When i booked this hotel it was for a stay with my young son for a procedure to be done in L.A. I had travelocity call and check on this hotel for me as i didn't know the area. They assured me it was fine. If your plannning on spending time at your hotel.. this is not a good selection. But if your looking for a clean room with comforatable beds it met those standards. very clean bathroom and nice bedding new carpet and was greeted very nicely from the staff. The area is old run down and in not the best part of town but yet i would say not scary just not a place to walk around. I at first wanted to change hotels because of this the first day i tried and TRAVELOCITY gave me such problems in doing so NOT THE HOTEL ..they understood completely .as i was staying for an extended time. after staying another day i realized this hotel is close to everything and only minutes from manhatten beach cute from a very nice 3 story mall galleria and 30 minutes from disney 15 min from santa monica ..really when your on vacation how long do you stay in your room I kid you not the bed was the most comfortablei have ever stayed in it had a fridge and a microwave which really was great it could use some updating but by no means is it awful as much as we were gone im glad i didnt spend more money on a room we had more to spend on funI would not recommend for young children pool is small no hot tub Breakfast was adequate for a continental if your looking for a 5 star this is not it but it was comfortable not an ocean view but kind of terrible view like i said tho it met our needs

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank oshkosh61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Westside
LAX Area
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
#69 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale? Share your experiences!