“very good hotel in a perfect place with very good service”

Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Tel Aviv, Israel
“very good hotel in a perfect place with very good service”
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stay in the hotel and would like to recomend this hotel.
The staff was very helpfuly and we got a very good service. The hotel is very clean and they have a very good breakfast.
The location is very good, not far from Lax airpot, not far from a shopping center, everything is in the same blvd., hawthorne blvd.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We needed a convenient spot to stay for a week while visiting kids & grandkids in the Manhattan Beach area. It was the most convenient and economical spot we could find.
The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfasts were way above the average. There was free, covered, and secure parking and we made daily use of the well maintained fitness room.
The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. We will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I spent 4 nights here recently. The room was clean and comfortable and there were plenty of food options in the do-it yourself breakfast room. This is not a luxury hotel by any means, but it was well worth the $65 a night that we paid. We had booked a room at the Howard Johnson in Torrance but moved to this hotel after learning at check in that there was going to be a power outage in Torrance that night. This room was larger, nicer and less expensive than the Howard Johnson.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We overnighted in LA (arrived about 7pm from LAX and then picked up an RV from Apollo in Hawthorne the next morning so Baymont was a great location for us. When we got through customs I rang the hotel for the complimentary pickup but the shuttle bus was busy so the hotel manager said to jump in a cab and they would pay. What great service to not have to wait! We then arrived at the hotel (not too far from the airport) and we got a room upgrade. The room was excellent. really clean. nice white linen and a fridge etc. right next to starbucks for a morning coffee! We got directions to a close restaurant (Hanks diner) which we were able to walk to (great calamari - massive plate for less than $10!). We slept really well, good bathrooms, good shower pressure. nothing over the top but clean and nice and we paid around $68 (some deal from travelzoo). Complimentary breakfast the next morning was good. we didnt eat the hot food (Some sore of sausage patty and scrambled eggs) but we had lots of choise for cereal as well as bagels and toast, also yoghurt and fruit.
so thanks very much Baymont for welcoming us to the States.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
New York City
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I spent hours reading reviews, searching for a hotel for our LA trip. I'm picky about everything and If I don't like something about a hotel, I will NOT stay there. All the big chain hotels in LA seemed to have one problem or another and they were all very pricey . I finally settled on Baymont Suites due to the value (free parking, breakfast and internet). What a good decision this was!
First the location was great - Lawndale is a quiet residential community with a rich history (we watched a program about it on television while dressing one morning). We were able to get anywhere we needed to go (Universal, Santa Monica, Hollywood, LAX airport) EASILY as we were near the 405 freeway. I was glad we didn't stay in Hollywood where it was busy and crowded.
The service was great - we were greeted warmly, they let us check in about 4 hours early and gave us great recommendations for restaurants in the area. The internet worked as well as it does in our home.The breakfast was convenient, hot, varied and saved us a lot of money over five days. There was a parking lot under the hotel and this came in handy as the first day as it was raining. You could tell the hotel was recently renovated but not NEW.So, if you must stay in a a hotel with flat panel TVs, don't stay here, My opinion is, I have these in my home so I don't need to pay extra for them in a hotel, What is more important is the place was very, very clean.
We stayed in a room in front and yes, if I concentrated long enough, I could hear the Starbucks drive-through but WHO CARES? I didn't hear it at night when needed to sleep.
I asked the manager why there was a guard in front (I doubt he was armed) and they said it had to do with the contact that was put in place when Wyndham took over the property.Nothing more than that. I highly recommend this hotel and will patronize if/when I return to LA.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2010

After staying 4 nights in Hollywood at Days Inn this was a welcome change. Close to Marshalls and Ross, lots of places to eat. Admittedly we were only there for the one night and rather than stay super close to the airport where there is nothing to do other than wait for your flight...... this place compared to Hollywood felt totally safe, Im not sure why the security is necessary during the day as well as throughout the night. I did hear the speaker from Starbucks but could not from my room but thought at the time how annoying that would be for patrons on the Starbucks side. Indeed extremely comfy beds and really clean room. Great speed WIFI and super friendly and efficient staff with complimentary breakfast and shuttle to airport (approx 15 mins). AWESOME loved it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2010

The greeting when coming in was prompt and most friendly. The room was quiet very clean and charming. The breakfast was hot and very tasty and lots of good food. I stayed at the inn almost all day and every where I turned the staff was down right friendly at all times. Ant service I requested was prompt and efishant.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Westside