“It was worth it”

Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My fiance and I absolutely love this hotel. The service was awesome, loved the people there, room was comfortable and clean. It comes with free breakfast and free fast internet. I thought they did a great job with the lobby and the room decor. It does not look the same 4 years ago when i last visited the hotel. Great place to be for both leisure and business.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 July 2008

we booked this place ahead for its close proximity to LAX and weren't disappointed. the room was comfortable, spacious and well appointed, microwave was not a standard fitting but once i explained that i had to cook all my own meals due to severe food intolerances the manager was quick to make one available for me, for which i was very grateful.
all staff were exceptionally friendly and courteous with a genuine interest in their guests travel plans and needs.
the lobby was very comfortable with access to a PC and the internet, what a bonus! shops were within walking distance, free shuttle to the airport was available at all times as well.
my only problem was not with the motel but with the shuttle bus driver, he continuously used his mobile phone to text and call while driving at breakneck speed and communication was difficult due to language barrier.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2008

My stay at the South Bay Best Western Hotel was terrific. Clean, quiet and safe environment. Free wifi and airport shuttle were two huge pluses! Lobby was aesthetically pleasing. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful not to mention the hotel is within very close proximities to Universal Studios and Disney Land. I had a very good night of sleep there (which is usually very rare as I am a particularly light sleeper) and would recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2007

decor is somewhat tatty and faded.
breakfast was unexpected, and terrible.
room was fine, airport shuttle frequent and free.
free wifi!
plenty of safe feeling parking on site.
good value, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steveblower
bwsouthbayca, Webmaster at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Thank you for choosing Best Western South Bay Hotel for your recent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest review. These are the tools that help us meet our standards and also to set new standards as we are always seeking to be the very best that we can be.

I am glad that you felt safe parked on our site , that you enjoyed the room, the free wifi, that the airport shuttle provided good service for you and that you received a good value for your money. Those kind of things are always nice to hear.

I’m glad also that you spoke about the condition of the décor. We renovated and upgraded our rooms to meet the high standards of our guests.

The matter of the breakfast is being looked into also. We want our guests to receive quality service so our Breakfast staff were made to undergo additional training to make sure that they meet the standards which we have set for them.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will again stay at Best Western South Bay Hotel, I think you will be pleased on the upgrades we have done lately.

Reviewed 20 November 2006

We arrived on Nov 13th for a funeral and stayed until Nov 17th. It was a nice stay. My parents are seniors and are very particular about where they lie their heads. The hotel has been remodeled and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. I complained about not having enough memory on my digital camera to take pictures of relatives and the manager let me use his personal camera and downloaded the photos for me onto a disk for my convenience. That is not the norm or an amenity for staying there, but it was very thoughtful considering the circumstances of why I was there. The rooms were clean and the hallways were quiet. We were very comfortable there. My parents enjoyed walking to restaurants during the day and resting in the evenings. It was our first trip to California. Unfortunately it was for a funeral, but Best Western South Bay was a very nice place to stay during our visit. I personally do not like the city of Los Angeles--too crowded--but I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends if they were to ask about a nice place to stay. --A Traveler from Detroit, MI

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank Butterfly8672
Reviewed 1 November 2004

We booked last minute and mostly decided because of 24 hour shuttle to LAX and price. My family only requires the basics "Clean & Safe". This place was NOT! My recommendation is to keep looking!

• Stayed: October 2004
4  Thank paul686

Thank you for choosing Best Western South Bay Hotel for your recent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest review. I am sorry to know that you felt cleanliness and safety of our establishment did not meet up to your expectations. Upon receipt of your review immediate steps were taken.

· Housekeeping staff was spoken to and received additional training in meeting the standards of cleanliness for the rooms which we expect from them.

· Security staff was also spoken to and received additional training in making sure that our establishment and its guests is kept secure.

Thank you for calling these matters to our attention. It is people like you who help us to maintain the high standards which we strive to keep. Thank you for thinking not just of yourself but of us and of future guests.

I hope you will choose Best Western South Bay Hotel for your next stay in Los Angeles area, I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed 2 December 2003

Just a short note to let you know if you will be traveling to the South Bay area of Los Angeles, be fair warned. I recently had a long stay business trip to this area which covered 3 months and was just shocked at how varied the area hotels service and product quality standards were. I managed to stay in 5 different hotels all within the 90 - 120 USD price range. While some experiences were satisfactory there were two which were at the opposite ends of the spectrum eeven though they were literally right next door to each other with the same rate. I was so very very disappointed with the service, cleanliness and treatment recieved at the Best Western South Bay Hotel. It is poorly maintained and their management staff does not have capability to deal with americans as it is a foreign owned property being operated as would in China. On the other hand, right next door, you will find the Holiday Inn Express Suites which also is foreign owned and managed however it it a well maintained property that is clean and modern. The management staff are welll trained and know how to make a guest feel welcomed. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn property however the Best Western will never see me again. Thanks

16  Thank Richard M

Thank you for choosing Best Western South Bay Hotel for your recent stay.

I appreciate your taking the time to fill out a guest review. It is guests like you who care enough to let us know that those standards are not being met. It made us realize that we, the management, do want to meet the highest standards possible. In this way, we know which one needs improvement.

Since receiving your review, we have taken corrective actions,as follows:

· The Housekeeping staff were given additional training as to the standards of cleanliness in which we expect our rooms to be kept.

· The management staff and Front Desk were given refresher courses and were also given additional training on ways we can provide best services to our valued guests.

I am so sorry that your recent stay at our establishment wasn’t an enjoyable one. I am sure that the steps undertaken will result in seeing future guests to experience improvements.

I appreciate for your taking the time to let us know how you felt about various conditions.

I hope that you will again stay at Best Western South Bay Hotel the next time you are in our area. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX / El Segundo
Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach

Been to Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!