“Safe, predictable, Free Internet, Free Breakfast, and Free Parking”

Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
“Safe, predictable, Free Internet, Free Breakfast, and Free Parking”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am a regular guest as my work brings me to the area on a weekly basis. Heidi and Brian treat me well and make me feel welcome. I often book through Priceline and it has the defect of booking me a smoking room which I have to call and have the staff change to non smoking room which they helpfully do.

All the rooms I have been in have flat screen TV, a Fridge, and a table. Parking is indeed tight for large vehicles. The hotel is average in general, some rooms better than others. Some need work on plumbing for leaks, some beds are in need of replacement but most rooms are fine.

Rooms seem to be well cleaned.

I have the option of staying at many hotels, but the reliable experience is why I return. For the price I pay, the hotel provides me what I am expecting. I have stayed at the Radison at the airport and had worse rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on street (front) side of the hotel are larger, but noisier.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Priya S, General Manager at Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback. You are right both Brian and Heidi are excellent and we are glad to have them on our team. Our guests do enjoy the flat screen tvs and are surprised by our rooms and various amenities. We are in the process of getting brand new mattresses for the convenience of our guest and have planned other updates over time. We strive to give the best possible value to our guest and are glad that we met your expectations. Thank you once again for your kind comments and hope to see you in near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I really expected a better facility. Rooms are dated/worn out, squicky floors, hole on shower wall, uncomfortable bed. parking lot and driveway is dirty/car oil spills. Facility needs a complete renovation job.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Francis V
Dear Sir/ Madam we are truly sad to hear that we did not exceed your expectaions!! We are constantly trying to better ourselves and have scheduled multiple updates for the future. We do hope that we will not fall short for expectations the next time you stay with us!!

Travellers are raving about these Lawndale hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was a decent hotel. I just wished they would have had better breakfast selections and thicker walls so I wouldn't have to hear the neighbors every time they turned on the shower or had a conversation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank KMac0630
We at Days inn southbay are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking into offering healthier and fresher breakfast options to serve to our guest. Currently we serve tea, coffee, juices, two types of breads, donuts, variety of oatmeals, two types of fruits and two types of bagels to our guests. We appreciate and thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Reviewed 21 December 2013

From the moment you enter the office, you relax knowing you're in good hands with these two. Any issue you have from coffee to extending your time or changing your room for whatever reason; Lisette is your woman. But when it comes to the jacuzzi which needs to be hotter - Heidi is the Queen of Heat in that deparment - she's the only one there who could set it correctly behind the lock and key). Should you have a problem with your computer or even your cell phone, she's also a specialist. Even with directions. They go above and beyond the duty. They treat you as if you're at the Hilton-- without the snobishness. But more importantly--they treat you like you're at home.

The maids are very kind and courteous as well. They clean even without your asking while you are out.

They all deserve a raise! Happy Holidays and see you soon, "Cookie Lady"!! (Lisette). Sincerely, Karen Koontz

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for all your kind comments. We are truly glad hat you enjoyed your stay with us!! You are right both Heidi and Lisette are great employees and we are proud and privileged to have them on our team. Heidi has been known to help many a guest with her tech savvy and Lisette is fondly called smiling lady by our guests!! Thank you once again for all kind comments and we hope to see you again very soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel close to the airport for a brief trip to LA. The Days Inn exceeded my expectations: free breakfast, free parking, spacious (and clean!) room, large television, kind front-desk staff, and free wi-fi(!). It was exactly what I needed and more.

I only had two issues. First, the bathtub is extremely slippery (though they do provide an anti-slip pad for this)--when I checked in, a woman was registering a complaint about having injured herself when slipping in the tub. I thought that she was probably exaggerating, but I very nearly slipped myself when I used the tub; in short--use the anti-slip pad in tub. Second, the room needs more readily accessible outlets. Most of the outlets were impossible to get to/would require a lot of shifting of furniture. The one outlet that was easily accessible (near the door and A/C unit) did not work. This made charging gadgets a challenge. I would highly recommend bringing a travel power strip to maximize charging ability.

On a super-picky note, breakfast is only from 6:00AM-9:00AM, so I didn't get to experience it for myself; it would be great if it could go later (but, again, this a very minor quibble). All in all, a great experience, and I would definitely go again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for all your kind comments!! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!! You are right sometimes the location of power points can be hard/ impossible to access, We are already taking that into account when we with be updating but thanks to your suggestion we are providing extension cords to our guest for their convenience. Once again, many thanks for kind comments and we hope to serve you again in the future!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
Baymont Inn & Suites - Lax/Lawndale
Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
Seaside Motel
Seaside Motel
#8 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Days Inn Los Angeles LAX/ Redondo and Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!