“Trip to Yosemite”
Review of Tioga Pass Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lee Vining
Tioga Pass Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lee Vining
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night in a single room (the smallest). Upon arrival the staff was friendly and very helpful. They gave us complimentary hot beverages and advised we turn on the room heater right away. The room was small but cozy and the bathroom worked well. The shower was outside the room and shared with one other cabin of the same size. The heater was more than sufficient and we actually had to turn it way down. The bed could have been more comfortable but overall was good. There is no internet or cell service and this adds to the effect of getting away for a weekend. The restaurant was absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend it! I would stay here again if I was on the north side of Yosemite. It is a very short drive to the park but two scenic hours from Yosemite Valley It is only 15 minutes from Mono Lake.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Scott S

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great place with a warm, welcoming staff. We stayed in room 3 which was small and rustic with the shower outside the room. We LOVED it!! Although right on highway 20, the traffic dies down at night and it's quiet. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast; food was good, service friendly. Best part is the location...you can be in Tuolumne Meadows in just a few minutes (go early as the entrance to the park is crowded by late morning).

Room Tip: The "rooms" are close together; we had some noise from a child in the next room (singing u...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb98317
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Super friendly staff, good breakfast, awesome location, away from the crowd in yosemite even on 4th Jul weekend. Rooms are a bit rustic, not like the premium rooms that you get in a posh hotel.That is the only thing I would imagine someone would say against TPR. But it is clean,warm, beds are comfy. We booked two rooms. We ended up reaching there at 1 am and since we emailed they had made arrangements for the keys.But there was absolutely no light and we couldn't find the room location, so we ended up walking around for 30 mins or so with the cellphone flashlight, checking all the door numbers and waking up people inside all the cabins.

PS: the iron pipes for water and rusty taste is mentioned in other reviews, it wasn't that bad ,I kept the tap open and let some water flow off initially, then it became more clear and was OK to use for brushing teeth.
PPS: no phone number published, only medium of communication is email . this is scary in situations like when you are not sure if they really received your late check in request email.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great spot for Tioga pass hikes and the staff is pretty laid back but welcoming. The resort recently provided online reservations and they told me at check in that they are still working out the kinks in it. I stayed in a motel room and it should be noted that there is only a toilet and sink in these rooms. The shower is not 'adjacent' to the room - it is out your door and around the building and it is shared among the four rooms. Still, when compared with the other options for accommodations in Tioga Pass ( Delaware North) or camping ( for which you have to reserve months in advance!) this place is a good value in a fabulous location!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We actually were going to Mono Lake and had a hard time finding lodging in Lee Vining. So glad we stayed at TPR instead. Wonderful rustic cabin over 100 years old, we stayed in cabin #4 and yes the front door faces the backdoor of the cafe's kitchen. But a creek was between us and the view from the rest of the windows was back woodsy. The people in the office were really nice and we loved being away from the heat, and only 8 miles to Yosemite. Cabin #4 has nice alcove with a comfortable bed, galley kitchen and table and chairs. It was cozy and a relaxing experience. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SusanBenicia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I spent a night at the Tioga Pass Resort prior to hiking in the Yosemite high country, thinking it would aid in acclimatizing to the altitude. I don't think it helped despite the Resort being located at approximately 9500', and my gasping for breath the next day must have been loud enough to be heard throughout the Park.

My brother and I spent the night in motel room #1 overlooking the stream. The room was small, with double and twin beds and a very small bathroom. I guess you might call it "basic" accommodations but I loved it. The room was very neat and clean, and sitting on the balcony overlooking the stream was a great way to spend the evening. The staff were very friendly and helpful, setting an example many larger organizations should emulate. Their restaurant is another reason to spend a night here - be sure to try a slice of their pies.

The Tioga Pass Resort is not for everyone but I highly recommend it for those who appreciate a very charming and rustic 100-yer-old facility located in one of the most beautiful setting imaginable. Their outstanding service and great restaurant made a great evening even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Alpine147
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This quaint lodge just minutes outside of Yosemite is a wonderful alternative to lodging within the gates of Yosemite, has a delicious and reasonable priced cafe and the people are wonderful.

The property is small and only opened during the summer months, they offer lodges that can accommodate multiple size parties with fabulous views and balconies over looking water features. Rooms have kitchens and small sitting areas. I would love to rent the whole place for a family reunion. If you're interested book EARLY as they have a waiting list but sometimes you can get lucky and someone will cancel at the last minute!!

• Stayed: July 2014
#5 of 31 in Mammoth Lakes
Yosemite Gateway Motel
Yosemite Gateway Motel
#4 of 4 in Lee Vining

Been to Tioga Pass Resort? Share your experiences!