“One of my most favorite and enjoying experiences.”

Plantation Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lemon Cove B&B and Inns
Dallas
“One of my most favorite and enjoying experiences.”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I have been coming to this particular bed and breakfast for several years. The offical welcoming committee (Scott & Marie) always treat my like royality. They're so warm and friendly I also feel like family. I believe I have tasted many of Marie's breakfast selections they offer and found I had to buy the cookbook they were so good. We also stay in the same room. It's cozy, homey and the fireplace is so relaxing. The period decor is full of history of a grand era. The location is perfect for people who love the quiet countryside setting, and the grounds are well manicured and beautiful. The best part about this for me is it's only a day and half drive to get there and there is so much to do in the immediate area. What I like least is that the time seems to fly by and then it's time to leave. I keep thinking if I hang around often enough maybe they'll adopt me.........

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheOregonLady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
California
Reviewed 8 January 2010

My husband and I made our annual holiday visit and as usual we stayed in our favorite room, Aunt PittyPat. Very clean room and delightfully decorated in mauve, blue and lace. Very romantic for the two of us! We like this room because of its closeness to the jacuzzi and pool. Room has its own heating/ac unit and we were quite toasty and not cold at all. Bathroom area spacious and filled with lace, very tastefully done. As usual Scott and Marie were wonderful hosts and are always a pleasure to be around. The vegetarian breakfasts were a treat each morning. Something different served each day which is a refreshing change from the standard fare at other B&B's. Relaxing in the parlour in front of the fire was really great upon our return from the Sequoia Park. We have stayed at the Plantation many times since our honeymoon 8 years ago, and would highly recommend The Plantation to anyone who wanted a clean, comfortable and romantic place to stay!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bunnyfan
Telluride, CO
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Clever wording and a wide angle lens over-embellish this establishment. I wish I had read the reviews on your website prior to booking. In hindsight, it appears the owners wrote all of the reviews on their website and the bnb.com site. Our stay was to have been three nights, but we shortened it to two because we were so MISERABLE. The flimsy blankets and old sheets were unbelievably distasteful and we were cold for two nights. The non-functioning shower situated near the bed was unacceptable. There was only an opaque curtain to separate the two. This place was a waste of money and I am attempting to get a refund.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank Beausy
San Diego
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Plantation B&B and had a wonderful time. We stayed in both the Mammy room and Aunt Pitty Pat's due to some maintenance requred on the property and each was charming in its own way. We were inspired to watch GWTW during our stay.

The owners, Scott and Marie are wonderful, warm and informative. Marie's breakfasts were delicious and kept us statisfied until dinner time.

I read some of the criticisms on this site and I'm very surprised. It's not a hotel - it's more like a friend's home, so some of the rooms aren't huge, but they are certainly comfortable - we were out at the parks all day anyway, and spent little time in the room. which was appointed with everything we could need (incxluding nightlights in Pittypat because of the step-up nature of the bath area)

I have already recommended the Plantation to several friends as a terrific place to stay.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, pA
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had a great time at the Inn. The owners were so nice and friendly. Breakfast was marvelous and the hot tub at night under the stars was blissfully romantic. I only wish that we had stayed another night!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Based upon the reviews we had read, we booked three nights at the Plantation (special buy 2 nights, get 1 free). We arrived late on Friday night and were shocked with our accommodations. We were in Mammie's room. The room was VERY small. The attached bathroom is nothing more than a closet. The shower was so small, you could barely turn around. The room was dirty (the two bedside tableclothes were covered in dust, the valance above the patio door had numerous large dirty spots, and most disgusting was the large bug-filled cob web above the patio door inside the room). After three days, the cob web was still there! The entire property needs alot of work. Regarding the hosts, Scott is friendly and if you ask him, he will help with sight-seeing and driving suggestions. Marie, on the other hand, is very quiet and prides herself in her cooking!. The breakfasts were very good, however, given the price we paid and the poor & dirty accommodations, we were very disgusted and would never recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 12 July 2009

My husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary by traveling to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. We stayed at The Plantation Bed & Breakfast and loved it. Scott and Marie are warm and welcoming and the property is beautiful. Marie's breakfasts are delicious (I purchased her cookbook!) and Scott is more than happy to share a story about the parks or their property. The palm trees in the back are gorgeous and home to many different birds. It is the perfect place to sit and enjoy a good book, play a game of bocce ball, do some bird watching, or cool off in the pool. Both the jacuzzi and pool are open 24 hours which is great for those who like to spend most of the day exploring the parks.

I am uncertain why other reviewers would complain about the food or the hospitality. They couldn't be more wrong. Marie's recipes are fresh, unique and and so interesting. (We ate EggyPlant Parmesan and Zucchini Frittata, both with fresh herbs from the garden.) Each morning we enjoyed delicious freshly squeezed orange juice, homemade granola and scones, and fresh fruit from the property. It was by far the best breakfast we've had at a B&B. As far as the "Gone with the Wind" theme, yes, Scott and Marie fully commit to the theme and it might be a bit much for some people. For others, (those of us who enjoy a bit of creativity and fun,) it will simply be another aspect of this truly unique B&B. Scott and Marie are great hosts and try to do all they can to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. They have wireless on the premises and a computer to help you plan your travel, ample space in multiple refrigerators for your snacks, and warm robes to use out at the pool and jacuzzi. Staying here is much like staying at your grandma's house, great food, interesting decoration, and lots of love.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lemon Cove
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Wuksachi Lodge
Wuksachi Lodge
#1 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Plantation Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!