“Hotel fantastic but .....”

Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lemoore
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Check in girl was great. Beautiful hotel and pool. Room very comfortable.

Casino and restaurants were lacking in our opinion. Don't get me wrong a lot of people must love the place because it was full. Very little video poker which we like. If you like the standard fancy slots you will rate this higher. There are a lot of those.

Our biggest disappointment was the restaurants while we were there. Looked clean but horribly understaffed. And two different workers at two different restaurants told us they have a hard time keeping employees and they leave with no notice. Open tables but a 45 min wait made us go into town to get food. This is a very nice property and I have a lot of experience with the tribal casinos in So Cal. Just improve your service at the eateries.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shmrq17

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I've stayed several times at Tachi and each time I have stayed in a different size room on different floors. I want to say every room and every floor I've stayed has been TOP NOTCH!! Always a gorgeous view of the pool area, spacious, immaculately clean & more. I love all the extras; water bottles, toiletries, coffee, extra pillows, blow dryer, iron/board, robes, pool towels.. should I continue. This last visit we were given a two room suite w/mini kitchen, bar w/stools. If I didn't enjoy playing in the casino so much, I would've totally had an amazing time in the room. Also, will point out that the service at Tachi is FIVE STARS!! starting from the valet, check in to bellboy taking up luggage. Everyone seems to like their jobs and always are pleasant. No problem tipping all of them. Can't wait to visit again soon.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for view of pool area and a suite. Otherwise, all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cambria40
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I just attended my 30 year class reunion, and it has turned into a nightmare! We had the group room on the 2nd floor with doors that opened to get to the restrooms and patio. After we carried our drinks into the hall to use the ladies room, we were told no alcohol outside of our room, which we abided by after that. We also could not take drinks out to the patio where a few people smoked. (we purchased them) 2 employees stood at each of the entry/exit doors and watched us all like hawks and even accused us of pouring our own alcohol into our drinks! (I had hand sanitizer that looked like a bottle they said) Now they have sent us photos of classmates in the hall with drinks and a napkin that someone wrote on with ink pen, and they want to keep our deposit. The photos were in broad daylight before we knew we could not have drinks in the hall/walkway to the restrooms! These people were rude the entire night and are now gouging us! Stay away!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Gina D
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Tried this resort - only 130 miles from our house, so easy drive...stayed 7/25-7/27 (Fri-Sun)...wasn't expecting much since it was so cheap - WRONG - modern, sleek hotel lobby, free valet parking, modern room with nice touches, great room service, excellent food and good nightlife and casino vibe - hey, it's not Bellagio, but we had room service once, Lobster Thermador twice at Coyote Grille, lots of beers and shots of Grey Goose, a nice 24 dollar bottle of wine each night at dinner, and watched two in room new movies - all under 600 bucks not including the modest gambling losses (machines very tight)...we have spent that just for one night and dinner at Bellagio...staff eager to please...Starbucks in the lobby with coffees a tad cheaper than off reservation prices! If you want Bellagio, this isn't it...but this is better than 90% of other Vegas properties, and far cheaper! Plus, no idiots on the street slapping hooker cards in my hand as I walk with my wife...Never tried the buffet or spa, but looked at them and they looked nice. Pool area great, although no pool bar was the only bummer of the entire trip.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing pool seemed to be the on line choice - we were in 6006 facing the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theivyleaguer
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed May 20-22, 2014. This was a nice standard hotel room. The Casino was also an average gambling room. The employees were nice to us.They tried to be as helpful as possible. The food was the best of our experience. We probably will pick a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a relaxing and special surprise! I have stayed at many hotels, both casino and resort, and have to say that Tachi Palace was absolutely lovely. Fantastic pool, my room was spacious, tastefully decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. The slots were good to me, but alas, the poker room not so much (just couldn't get any cards), but every staff member I met was friendly and knowledgeable. Food was tasty and inexpensive. This was my first stay here and I loved it. Will definitely be going back as much as I can while in the valley. Much closer a and more intimate than Vegas (and way more "bang for the buck"). Tachi is a jewel tucked away in the growing fields.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My 13 year old and I stayed here over the Memorial weekend for a softball tournament up the road in Riverdale. The first irritation was no 10 or 15 minute parking for checking in...only a valet line. So we parked in the back past the pool and tried to find our way to the lobby...absolutely no signage. (this was my first time here) We walked for about 7 minutes and finally found the lobby and got checked in. Then back to the parking lot to get our stuff, then back into the hotel (this time looking for a closer door to the elevators), just a lot of walking around to finally get to our room at the end of the hallway. I agree with the over zealous security. Lots of locked doors at entrances and had to show key to get into elevators. We had requested a 2 queen room, but none were available at check in...we got a king with a fold out couch. The room was pretty big, but we had to move the bench at the end of the bed and slide the couch down so we could open it. There was a small refrigerator in the room. The hotel section is in a half circle shape, so the king rooms are on the outside and a little bigger than the 2 queen rooms (that face the pool). Be sure and close the drapes if you are sensitive to the morning light...it shines in there really bright in the morning. The pool is nice and the team enjoyed it. Again there is only one entrance to the pool and one exit. We ended up walking around again quite a bit to get in and out. The only entrance back into the hotel from the pool is way around the side. The flow is not well thought out at all. I did not gamble at all, but our friends did end up winning $600. We had dinner at the Coyote Grill (there were 8 of us) and the service was good, but we waited over 20 minutes to just get waters and our drink order taken. Then we ordered a bottle of wine and that was another 20 minute wait. The food was good when it finally came. We were checking out on Sunday and I called to see if I could get a half day rate, it was not available, but I was given a 2pm checkout. The others in our group were either told no late check out or noon which is only one hour. Didn't do us much good since our game was at 6:30 pm. When I came back to get my room key reactivated, I parked at the curb near the valet and put my flashers on. Then I had to walk (again) quite a ways to the "main entrance" then back down the hall to the lobby/check in...then back outside. I just wasn't thrilled with the flow of the whole place. They seemed to be understaffed. I was a little worried about the noise from the other reviews, but our room was at the end of the 2nd floor (2034) and we didn't have any issues with the noise. The bar was a little weird in that I ordered a glass of chardonnay and a glass of water...they gave me a small bottle of Tachi water (the same that is in the rooms) and the wine was in a plastic cup. We had to get sheets for the fold out sofa bed when we arrived and they came really quickly. I think since they are the only game in town they can be a little lax on their service and amenities. We will stay again next month for another tournament, and now that I know the layout a little better, hopefully I won't be wandering around with all of our stuff trying to get to the room. If you park in the parking lot behind the pool, use the "pool door" to the left of the mens room when you approach it. This will take you down the hallway to the elevators. The room was clean, but the towels were rough and a few had holes in them.

Room Tip: There are 7 floors and I would say the higher the better and at the end of either end of the hallway...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 3kids2kauai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lemoore
Motel 6 Lemoore
#1 of 14 in Visalia
Sequoia Inn
Sequoia Inn
#1 of 8 in Hanford

Been to Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!