“Golf in Lincoln” 3 of 5 bubbles

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Golf in Lincoln”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

There are two golf courses at Lincoln Hills - both run by Billy Casper Golf. These courses wander through the Sun City Lincoln Hills community in Lincoln, CA. Rates (2013) are in the $50-70 range. The Hills course is 6819 Yards with a slope of 119 (White Tees), while the Orchard course is 6018 Yards with a slope of 115. Both courses are nestled in protected wildlife preserves (no chasing balls that are out of bounds!

Visited October 2013

Roseville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day from hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am not someone who usually gives a 1 star review, but I felt that Lincoln Hills Golf Course definitely earned it's 1 star.

I have been golfing in the Sacramento area for many years, and have in the past enjoyed thoroughly playing at Lincoln Hills Golf Course. Unfortunately after the round my friend and I played on Friday the 13th of September we will never be back.

What started out as a normal day ended up being the worst day of golf, thanks to the complete breakdown of customer service and down right human politeness by "Mac" in the pro shop, and Sean Silva the apparent "General Manager". As my friend and I approached the green on the 6th hole, on the Orchard course our golf cart came to a screeching halt going up hill, almost throwing us over the dash board. We thought the battery may have died, but everything was still on we just weren't moving.

It is no secret that things happen with golf carts when you are golfing all the time, so we decided to use the on board GPS to call for help, and we also decided to make a call to the pro shop just to be safe. After about 9 separate attempts to get someone to answer the phone (they were not that busy) we finally got an answer at 3:17pm. A gentleman by the name of "Mac" said he would send someone right out (remember we are only on the 6th hole) so it is not that far.

At 3:30pm, we were still sitting in the sun on the 6th hole (it was over 100 out) so I called back, and again spoke to "Mac" who told me and I quote "they are on their way over the hill"!

It is now 3:39pm, and we are still sitting on the 6th hole. at this point we have already been passed by other golfers and we are hot and sweaty. So I called again and this time played with the automated system to get the GM "Sean Silva" on the phone, I was grateful that maybe someone in charge could help! That was a mistake, all he had to say was he heard the conversation with "Mac" and like he told me before they are on their way. I of course had to ask why has it been (22) minutes? All he said was sorry, it takes a while to get out their. Really?? To drive a cart 6 holes? I can walk 6 holes a lot faster than 22 minutes.

From this point, I decided to just stop calling. So we sat and waited another 15 minutes and finally decided to pack everything up and start walking. It was now 3:54pm. and it was still blazing hot out!

When we arrived at the 7th hole, low and behold that cart guy pulled up and was like "does someone need a cart?" Really? No, not at all! When I asked the cart guy what had happened, he said and I again quote "I literally just got the call" Are you kidding??

This golf course has got some serious issues. To charge us $59.00 each and treat us like we just don't matter is a serious breakdown of just plain old human kindness, I even after all of this was nothing but polite to the people that finally came, because it is the right thing to do.

That's all.

Visited September 2013
LINCOLN
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“lots of brown grass, weeds and scum on the ponds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

They really need to take better care of the course...it continues to go down hill. At least this time of the year there are not as many geese to contend with.

Visited July 2013
roseville calif
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

the course is a well designed course i have fun playing it and the cliental they have are great people

Visited March 2013
Oceanside, California
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I love courses in senior communities as they tend to be wide open. We played the Orchard Course and it has plenty of room. Plenty of challenges too with ample fairway bunkers and green side traps. Greens were in great shape some damage to some of the fairways due to heavy use but nothing that would hurt your game. Some very nice views too. Pro shop is well stocked and while we didn't stop there, we hear the restaurant is supurb. Practice areas are ample and also well kept. The course was busy but we never waited as spacing was well planned. Starter was a bit of a grouch until I told home a joke and then he lighten up considerably. Would love to play this course again!