“Serene Luxe”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Serene Luxe”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Inn and its accommodations were a pure delight-scenic, serene, highly functional. We stayed in a beautifully appointed room complete with the softest bed linens and matelasse covers and shams which we sank into each night. Some detailed highlights: a working gas fireplace-which I actually prefer since you don't have to fuss and there are no burn emissions; view of the llamas and the Pacific and a glory of bird watching all day; walks down to the beach and into the woods via marked paths; wine and appetizer hour for guests; excellent recommendations from staff for nearby dinner options; impeccably cared for and manicured gardens and grounds. I booked a massage one day and the proprietor walked me over to the cabin and made sure the space was prepared for my comfort and arrival. That is the epitome of attention to detail and I was not only pleased but impressed. The masseuse who was called in was top notch and delivered one of the best massages I've had in years. We enjoyed our stay and wish we had a few more days there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Edge0fNight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Tracy, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Beautiful grounds, beautiful views, scrumptious breakfast. When I walked into the room in which I Stayed, Ettas Suite, I almost cried, it was so incredible. My view included a bird feeder replete with stellars jays, acorn woodpeckers and blue jays. All around the base were doves, quail and assorted tweets birds on clean up duty. Beyond that were six llamas and assorted chickens. Dimention the view of the ocean beyond all of that... simply incredible. Breakfast was delivered every morning promptly at 9. It was a a special treat I had saved for all year, and it was worth every penny. A relaxing respite away from it all. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Do not settle for anything less than an ocean view. I Stayed in ETtas suite in the old farmhouse...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank iodoggie
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This inn is the epitome of barnyard chic. You've got chickens and llamas in a farmhouse setting (and the grounds are immaculate, with a lot of beautiful flora and fauna), but with all sorts of chic little perks: terrific robes in the rooms, sherry available, organic beauty products, delicious home-baked snacks, and your own fireplace already stocked with wood and paper, waiting to be lit (!). The breakfast is lovely: we were given biscuits, an egg and veggie bake/scramble, and a yogurt parfait and fresh juice and coffee, all delivered to the room in a charming basket. This private element is a really nice touch, particularly if (like us), you don't enjoy the large group setting for breakfast. Having a nearby path that led to the water was an enormous perk -- we enjoyed a nice, long walk on the ocean cliffs. Gorgeous. Also, the inn is very close to Mendocino, so don't let that deter you from staying here. The only critique I have is that the young man who checked us in seemed somewhat frosty at first, as though he was surprised to see us, and we had to wait for a few minutes for the check-in area to open even though we were there on time. He warmed up after a minute or so and it was no matter to us, ultimately, but this might rub some people the wrong way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I figure that this latest trip to Glendeven was about the tenth time we've been there over the past 15 years. We've tried other spots in and around Mendocino, but they just don't add up! We enjoy the luxury, the food (not just the daily happy hour, but also the Bistro 150 dinner, which was amazing), the care exercised by everyone on the staff, the gorgeous gardens, the chickens and llamas, the lovely wood-burning fireplaces, the fabulous views -- really, you couldn't have a better time in Mendocino County. We'll be back, probably again and again.

Room Tip: Bay Loft has the most amazing view of any of the rooms in our estimation.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was skeptical at first to book a room here for me and my husband and my brother and sister in laws who were also joining us over the memorial day weekend but i read the reviews and i was impressed.It was our first trip to Mendocino and all the more impressed we were when we arrived at the Inn,Aurelia on the frontdesk was very nice,accomodating and friendly. It was so nice to have your own parking space with your own name attached to it after a long trip and the endless coffee,tea and sweets awaiting for you at the farmhouse and it was open for 24hrs. My husband and I stayed at the Bayloft we were blown away by the views, comfy bed,nice bedding etc andt he breakfast was delicious.... It was a great place to relax and unwind no TV ,internet or Phone x3 days it seems torture @ first but peace ,tranquility and serenity is healthy @times.My only request is that i hope they will hang a full lenght mirror in the room vanity is important you know.. and a shade for that 3 small windows so we can sleep a little longer and not bothered by the sunlight. John and Michael are also very nice . It is just unfortunate we live about 8 hrs from this place but definitely we will be back hopefully on a yearly basis but my in laws who are from the Bay area stayed at the Pine Wood and they are coming back next month...need i say more ...

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 May 2014

To much positive seems to be doubtful but in this situation....no choice.
1. Location : perfect: not far from Mendocino by car but not in the town
2. Large, airy and nice view ( landscape, sea) nice gardens
3. You arrive: first +++ : your name on the parking lot: the guest exists
4. The host is perfect, always with good ideas or suggestions
5. Our room was large and really better than on the photos website
6. The breakfast is delicious ( maybe more bread or a touch of Danish pastries ??)
2 small critics: restaurant only few days a week, bar maybe closed too early

Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our first visit to Glendeven Inn and we were not disappointed! The grounds are beautiful and very private. We stayed in the "Briar Rose", the room was very comfortable, the linens they use on the bed are the best! Morning breakfast-delivered to the room each day in a picnic basket- was yummy! I would highly recommend this inn to everyone. A great place to disconnect and relax.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little River
#2 of 2 in Little River
Inn at Schoolhouse Creek
Inn at Schoolhouse Creek
#3 of 7 in Little River

Been to Glendeven Inn Mendocino? Share your experiences!