“Do not miss this experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kayak Mendocino
Denver, Colorado
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Do not miss this experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was a great way to explore the coast and and be up close to nature. My wife and I both felt this was one of the best vacation things to do we have ever done. Our guide Steve was very friendly, funny, knowledgeable and patient. Kayak Mendocino provides everything you need and Steve gave us a quick five minute or so lesson on balance and paddling forward and backwards which was really all we needed to know. The caves were filled with starfish and sea urchins which I didn't see the first time through because I was worried about conquering the swell that seamed to be battling my kayak's progress. My wife however was very quick to inform me that I missed out on some really cool stuff so I'd better look down next time through, which I did btw. Paddling along the shoreline gave you a great view of the rock formations as well as the wildlife. The birds and harbor seals were great to sea up close and in their natural habitat. On the way back we were able to watch a seal that had submerged and come up with an octopus for a meal. As it shook it above the surface and proceeded to eat, we all slowed our kayaks and just watched, knowing that it's not everyday you could actually see such an event. Really cool. We are looking for opportunities to do this at home and will definitely put this on our things to do again list when back in the area. The charge was only $50 per and very worth the hour and a half experience. Definitely a must and a great operation to do it with.

Visited June 2013

Sacramento, California
205 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Fun trip; entertaining guides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Really enjoyed our sea cave experience. Unable to get into more than 1 cave because of windy conditions. Guides Sharky and Steve were super fun, instructive, and looking out for us as the waves swelled. Great company that provides all you need for the trip out on the seas (wetsuit; windbreaker; water shoes; obviously kayaks. Guides do a good job of instructing you, just watch out for the other novice kayakers - they mostly look out for themselves and not for any one else.

Visited May 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Sea kayaking off the coast in Mendocino was easily one of the coolest things that we've ever done! The scenery was breathtaking and seals swam around our kayaks.

Visited June 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Paddle the Pacific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have read the reviews and wanted to add my two cents. We stayed an extra day in Mendocino in order to Kayak the Pacific Ocean and paddle through the caves. The day was beautiful,the water calm, and our guides, Dylan and Craig were very accommodating and engaged. We were thrilled to see Starfish, Harbour Seals, Pelicans, Oyster Catchers and numerous other sea birds in a manner that respects their natural habitat.

Should you go.... Why would you not?

Visited August 2012
1 Thank EvangalineWaits
Lyme, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time with varied levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

we had a fantastic time. The caves were great. The guild wonderful. It was really windy and that made it more exciting. We had varied levels and I was in a boat with my 11 yo. I'm so glad we did it. It is a work out.

Visited July 2012