“Great experience!”
Review of Kayak Mendocino

Kayak Mendocino
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We tried Kayak Mendocino and kayaking for the first time. It was an unforgettable experience. Our guide was great and took us in and out of 3-4 sea caves. It started off as a foggy morning but quickly turned into a gorgeous sunny day. Spotted a lot of sea life including purple sea urchins, iridescent Jelly Fish, lots of Star Fish and Harbor Seals. The guide made us safe and taught us the basics effectively. The kayaking was totally addictive and we will be back for more!

PS: My only issue ..unrelated to Kayak Mendocino.. would be the dreadful restroom facilities provided by Van Damme State Park at the parking lot where the Kayak company is based. Use one elsewhere!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had a great time with Kayak Mendocino and our guide Craig. For a 'first-timer, it was a totally immersive experience in that you are surrounded by an incredible visual and physically stimulating world. There's nothing like being in your own craft on the ocean, skirting the rocks with all kind of wild life and receiving an incredible history lesson from our guide. ...and that was all before I went into the caves! I highly recommend the experience and Kayak Mendocino. I am looking forward to doing it again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great experience and a good value, IMO. Took the 2p coastal tour. As often happens in the area, what started as a fog-ridden, drizzly day cleared up for the couple of hours we were out on the water. (I have the sunburned shins to prove it!) There's nothing like a calm ocean kayak ride, and, if you're a fan of the northern coast views from Rte. 1, wait 'til you see it from the other side of the shoreline. The caves, birds, kelp forests, and wildlife were fantastic. It was a large group, but, the KM crew did a great job making sure everyone was following the right lines around cave walls and hidden rocks. The equipment was in good shape. A highly rewarding, terrific time on the water. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and teen boys went ocean kayaking last summer. This year I decided to join them. I have never kayaked before and I was a little nervous. It was a cold and slightly windy day. I never once felt unsafe and our guide was awesome. A baby seal joined us on part if our trip with mom watching closely. A fantastic time was had by all of us!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Craig and team at Kayak Mendocino do an awesome job with their cave tours. We did this last year and again last weekend and had a blast. The ocean's always changing, so we had a completely different experience each time. Everything you need is provided and no prior experience is required. Totally worth the cost of admission!