This property is made up of about 10 duplex cabins well spread across 5 acres. Each duplex is paired in theme and decor. "Read" and "Write", "Nature and "Nurture", etc.
We occupied both sides of "Here" and "There." Two adults "Here", and two children "There." Both units had queen beds and each had a private bath. Communicating door (lockable, though we left it open) between the two sides and a large shared deck. Small BBQ is available. Each room was equipped with small flat panel LED TV/DVD player. Cable TV as well as a large DVD library (in the office) are provided.
"Here" was themed with the Mendocino Coast It had a Kitchenette, supplied with basic cooking and eating utensils best suited for breakfasts. Baseboard heating was augmented by a wood-burning fireplace.
"There" featured travel posters form the 1960's, globes, old valises serving as a nightstand, and even those old Living Language records (and a record player). The kids loved their room (though they were puzzled by the "record machine."). This room does not have a Kitchenette, but has coffee service and a mini-fridge. Heating is by gas fireplace.
Both rooms were very charming, quite original, and funky in the best sense. We loved the house-made whoopie pies that welcomed us to the cabin and the well-thought out provisioning of the rooms.
There is a hot tub/spa on the property (extra towels are provided), set in a small grove. Very nice in the evening. The kids loved feeding and grooming the resident goats, Peanut Butter and Jelly. The open sloping lawns gave us a great place to play catch, Frisbee, and horseshoes (we brought that stuff ourselves).
Finally, let me mention host Kate. She is terrific. The entire property reflects her out-going friendliness.
We liked this place. A lot. It's very "California", if you know what I mean. We intend to return this summer for another family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andiron is 11 one- and two-room cabins perfectly situated on five acres of meadow and woods on Highway 1 in Little River, California. Minutes away from everything - beaches, wineries, diving, hikes, Mendocino, breweries, good food - but quiet, relaxing, and fun, our housekeeping cabins and rooms are each entirely unique and reflect our love of everything vintage, salvage, rehabbed, and recycled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn And Cabins
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins Hotel Little River