I took the whole family for a getaway up in Mendocino and had the unbelievable luck of staying at this wonderful place. Scott & Madeline were so welcoming! I am already thinking about the next time I can make it up to stay there again. The clan stayed in two rooms - Curious & Curiouser. Very low - key, unpretentious, and relaxing!
* Loved their wine & cheese / appetizer "happy hour" - we got to know the other guests and chat with the proprietors.
* Centrally located, just a few minutes from downtown mendocino.
* Warm atmosphere, they even allow dogs (we brought our pom who got a complimentary care package w/ treats).
* Great that we had a kitchen to cook in which is a must for family traveling with small children (picky eaters).
* Amazing hot tub that is nicely lit.
* VERY comfortable beds / we liked their faux fireplaces.
* TV and FREE Classic movies.
They did everything RIGHT and should also be in the "hotel" category because they would be #1 there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andiron is 11 one- and two-room cabins perfectly situated on five acres of meadow and woods on Highway 1 in Little River, California. Minutes away from everything - beaches, wineries, diving, hikes, Mendocino, breweries, good food - but quiet, relaxing, and fun, our housekeeping cabins and rooms are each entirely unique and reflect our love of everything vintage, salvage, rehabbed, and recycled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn And Cabins
- The Andiron -- Seaside Inn & Cabins Hotel Little River