Circa '62 at the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open Daily at 8:00 + Open to the Public! In 1862, just ten years following the arrival of the first settlers on the Mendocino Coast (and a year before Lincoln's Gettysburg Address), mill owner and rancher Charles Perkins, built the Inn's historic Ledford Farmhouse. In 1888, Perkins built a mansion on the hill to the south of the Inn and, in so doing, renovated the farmhouse to give to his daughter as a wedding present. The coffered old growth redwood ceilings you see while dining at Circa '62 were added for the wedding and were quite the statement of affluence and style for the time. We do our best to live up to the beauty of Mr. Perkins home(yes, some of our guests and staff believe he's still here) by serving a great breakfast that shows off the best local stuff, has a sense of fun and is really just an extension of our own home... We can't wait to meet you!
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Came for breakfast in our way out of town after reading yelp reviews. Table by the window and watched quail, pigeons, chipmunks, blackbirds and rabbits eating seed on tree stumps. Fogged in so no real ocean view. Had great lattes soft scrambled eggs with spinach, asparagus, mushrooms and cheese with potatoes and toast and eggs Benedict on corn muffins with avocado hollandaise sauce. The best!!!! Great waiter and cozy environs. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Loved the coffee, food and my daughter ( a picky eater) loved the granola with fresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place was recommended for breakfast to me. They said it had a good view of the ocean and also of an active garden. We ended up getting at corner window table on the right side of the restaurant. What a view! I normally choose restaurants for the ocean view, but the garden entertainment had me moving to the seat with my back to the ocean! There were several wooden stumps with bird seed sprinkled throughout the garden. I spent my time watching blue jays, sparrows, hummingbirds, chipmunks, 4 rabbits, mice, quail, doves, and pigeons share their meals. It was quite entertaining! The food and coffee was good. Breakfast tacos especially. Enjoyed the background music. Very relaxed and friendly staff. A little to warm inside for me. I would recommend this for others for sure!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great breakfast, great views, nice and quiet atmosphere. The egg sandwich was so good we came back twice. The service was perfect. Thanks!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Sometimes two people at the same table have different opinions of the restaurant... This is one of those times. My wife and I had breakfast here with our 12 year old daughter and 11 year old son while vacationing and staying down the road.

Basically I thought it was good an my wife thought it was outstanding. She called it one of the best breakfasts she had ever eaten, innovative with fresh ingredients. I acknowledge that the food items were different, the blackberry jam was excellent, the service was quite good, so was the coffee. My daughter thought it was cozy while my son was not thrilled with his almond milk pancakes because they tasted different

Not a place to meet the fishing buddies but excellent for a quiet, refined breakfast in a charming older building. If I could rate it 4 1/2 stars I would!