“The Heritage House is back BETTER THAN EVER!”

Heritage House Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Little River
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have just spent a fabulous weekend at the newly reopened Heritage House Resort in Little River. I cannot tell how fabulous the place is once again. Made famous by the movie Same Time, Next Year, this is truly one of the most sacred and magical spots in the entire world. Stunningly beautiful and peaceful! The resort is being run by an exceptionally professional group now and every detail was handled perfectly. All I can say is you MUST GO! Just 3 short hours North of SF on a delightful drive through wine country and pristine country scenery. The best of the BEST! Welcome back Heritage House and we will see you soon!

Room Tip: Cliff side rooms are the ultimate. Room 50!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TJT7

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have been waiting and watching for Heritage House to re-open and finally it did and to be honest, it is better than ever!!! Warm, cozy, friendly and they have managed to blend a new stylish decor with the old world charm of the Inn.

We stayed in room 14 in the La Maison building, we could not have been happier! The food at the restaurant was outstanding! Specal note that you can't go wrong with the Short Ribs or the Deconstructed Tamales.

Outstanding views from every angle of the resort. Make sure to take a walk down to the Gazebo and take in the stunning view! Last night at Sunset we sat on our Deck, watched the Sunset and we swear we saw the green flash!!

Don't forget to tune to Channel 45, they have the movie "Same time next year" on a loop and it s quite fun to watch it and then walk the property and find the locations :)

Special thanks to all the wonderful staff including Chloe, Brandy, Bill and Cory...you can see how proud the staff is to work there and that makes the experience that much more special!

We look very forward to our return for my Birthday!!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I've been going here my whole life and was so sad when this place closed.

I recently went back last weekend for my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend and this place is still as beautiful as ever.

The rooms are wonderful, with a really nice ocean view/deck, fireplaces, robes and slippers, and just super comfortable feel and look. The food was great too! Filet mignon was awesome and so was the tamale cake thing. The staff was also as nice as can be.

I'm coming back here as soon as I can.

Room Tip: The carousel room. Best view of ocean.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Heritage House is a wonderful resort to visit for a relaxing getaway from the city. Not only is it charming and well maintained, but its location cannot be beat; many of the rooms overlook the scenic Mendocino coastline. The staff was helpful and welcoming, the food delicious and affordable the rooms relaxing and comfortable. This was the location where the movie "Same Time, Next Year" was filmed and I happened to stay in the same location on the grounds overlooking the ocean in the movie. They showed the movie at the hotel and it was nice to be able to watch it and see all of the beautiful, familliar sights right outside of my room window. I look forward to visiting again!
George Arth & Laura Baker

Room Tip: Number 61 is the same location seen in the movie!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

You are open again after 6 years & we were so happy to find out just in time to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday. This is such a special spot on 37 beautiful acres on the No. Calif. Coast. We have been going there since 1986, just my husband & I. Our room had a beautiful ocean view (they all do), the food was excellent & we loved the menu, a choice of lobster mac & cheese, a vegetarian pasta (yummy, & I'm not a vegetarian), filet mignon or fresh fish of the day. That huge fireplace is still there, & we heard they are trying to find the artist to paint the ceiling mural in the dining room (that a previous owner ruined). Room rates were very fair, I'm thinking because they just reopened & want the word to get out. They expect the whole property to be complete from renovations by Mar. 30, 2014, but no worries about any construction noise, there was none. Can't wait to go back, & don't miss the chocolate from the Chocolat Hus in Mendocino, or hike in the Van Damne State Park.

1  Thank Rusty H
Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the incredible views, warm friendly staff, to the luxurious room, this was a first class resort. The sunset at the gazebo was magnificent. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. We plan to put this resort on our list for a return visit.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I had the good fortune to stay 2 nights at this historic resort just when it reopened in September. What a memorable experience!

Right away we felt genuinely welcomed by the staff (Dwayne, Jessica and Keith) at the front desk. They gave us huge smiles and seemed truly excited with our arrival. Even the hotel general manager Denis warmly introduced himself.

We had fun when Keith drove us in their golf cart down to our "Carousel" room
to show us around its functional aspects. As we walked on the short path to the deck entrance, I breathed in the fresh clean ocean air, saw the mature native plants and young colorful plants by our deck, all framing the beautiful ocean, coastal rocks, and the resort's gazebo. We stepped into the all new modern interior of our sunlit room - to see full views of the ocean from both the bedroom and living areas. We could hear the muted crash of waves on the rocks below the property's bluff - it was like entering an exquisite beautiful new world. (Time to stop reading and call for a reservation?)

Three elements of the room we especially liked: (1) the Duxiana bed - the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. (2) The pretty slate tile bathroom and a shower with a big overhead "rainfall" showerhead (farewell to aches and pains). (3) The spectacular coastal views, enhanced by the harmonious neutral colors and serene clean lines of the interior decor.

It was easy to become mesmerized by the picturesque setting: the movement and sounds of rolling waves, the water striking the many rock formations. Binoculars, robes and slippers are some of the amenities which helped you soak it all up.

When we were ready to re-engage with the world, the staff helped by being personable, capable and gracious. They responded promptly and reasonably to our minor requests.
Though they were never idle, each of them would take a few moments to convey their passion for this historic property and their good fortune to work here. Since the resort just opened, one sensed their "startup" spirit - the excitement and optimism of a team of people embarking on something worthwhile and enduring.

The 5200 Restaurant was very impressive too. In the evening we savored the culinary creations of French Chef Fabrice Dubuc - with local ingredients (even the coffee), organic vegetables, scrumptious local-caught salmon, and delicious sauces that enhanced the taste without overpowering the key ingredients. Generous portions and competitive prices! The complimentary breakfast included eggs, bacon, fruit and sweet rolls (extras too). The service director Laine was attentive and skilled; he helped tremendously to make our dining experience relaxing and happy.

We had planned this as a one time lucky adventure; but as we reluctantly checked out, I thought we had to come again, this time of year would be nice....what did I just hear myself say: same time next year????

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ocean View Lodge
Ocean View Lodge
#1 of 23 in Fort Bragg
The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach

Been to Heritage House Resort? Share your experiences!