“Delightful stay!”
Review of Little River Inn

Little River Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Little River
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After driving Highway One from Carmel, we would have been happy to pull over to the Bates Motel, but we were lucky enough to have made reservations at The Little River Inn. What a charming place that also happens to have an excellent restaurant, golf course, and tennis courts. The staff and service are friendly and efficient and really make one's stay pleasant and memorable.

Room Tip: Room #117 has no one above or below and has an excellent view of water. The balcony is also a littl...

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent views of the Pacific Ocean!! We loved to watch the fishing boats each evening. Even had a pair of binoculars to watch the activities. The room was nice, clean and very spacious. We also enjoyed the attached restaurant, eating there both nights we were there. The location was great, right off the main road, making it easily accessible.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the ocean. I don't think there is a bad location.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was going to make a reservation for the Mendocino, CA area, but decided to just drive through and see what was available instead. I passed this place, turned around, and pulled in to see what it had to offer. I was pleasantly surprised that it had a room available for that evening, it had a golf course (only one in that area to my knowledge), a fine restaurant, and very welcoming staff. The lady that checked my in was able to give me an upgraded room at no additional cost, was VERY knoledgable about local area, answered all of my questions and more!

The furniture in the room was dated accordingly since it was built in the 1850's and most of the main building is still original. Not really my style, but I can appreciate it for what it is and enjoyed it. If you are on the fence about whether to get an ocean view room or not, absolutely go for the ocean view. It was totally worth it. I opened the windows when I arrived and didn't shut them for two days - the cool breeze from the ocean kept the room cool at night and perfect during the day.

The restaurant is one of the local's favorite spots to come and I completely understand why. The food is very good. I had the fresh Alaskan Halibut and a paired it with a great IPA. The previous evening I had some of the homeade cobbler and paired it with a pinot noir. They were both absolutely delicious. The drinks and food are not cheap, and the portions are not large, but the quality is very high.

The bar staff was very friendly as well, which was important to me as I was traveling solo. Maria is the newest bartender (she's been there something like 14 years) and she is a keeper. Not sure what they are paying her, but it should probably be more because she is a great bartender.

I played a round of golf there as well, free clubs to persons that stay at the inn, which was a huge plus for me since I wasn't able to bring my clubs along. It is a challenging 9 hole course that offers some very nice ocean views on hole's 8 and 9, and 17/18 respectively. You play the different tee boxes on the second time around. I would come back to play it again for sure.

Well - that's about it. Great place that I would absolutely recommend to anyone. As long as you don't reserve a room for when I'm coming back!

Room Tip: Totally spring for the Ocean View!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Photo_Dude_WY
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Overall, the stay was a nice experience. However, the pictures on the website are a bit "doctored". For instance, you are surprised to find out that the picture of the "golf course"
looking out over the ocean is completely false. There is a tiny course behind the property, with
no ocean in sight. On the website, the picture of our room looked as though from the sliding glass doors, the ocean was within yards of the place...wrong again, we were within yards (literally) of Highway 101! The view included the gas station across the street and their garbage
area...then there was the ocean! I mentioned my disappointment to the Hotel Clerk, and she
said that she was sure the website mentioned that the Inn is on the 'East" side of Highway101.
No, couldn't find that comment! Food was excellent, but you will contend with vehicle noise, especially if you are in the rooms closest to the highway....

Room Tip: I would ask for the rooms further away from Hwy 101, second floor, so ocean is in clear view witho...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cameron S
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We spent one night here while on a road trip and had a lovely experience. We stayed in a Traditional Ocean View room. The accommodations were clean and simple w/modern conveniences such as a flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The ocean view was memorable when the sun set while fogged in and spectacular the next morning when it was clear. We ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and both were delicious and accompanied by excellent service. In a wonderful way it reminded me of the kind of place my family would have stumbled upon and stayed at when I was a kid. Highly recommend this place ... and we stayed here because a family member recommended it to us!

Their website says it best: "Like every family living in an old house we’ve made changes over the years, but at Little River Inn we pretty much like to keep things just the way they are and always have been. ... So - whether you’ve come for a romantic getaway or an executive retreat, you will be met with our genuine hospitality and warmth. When we say five generations of hospitality, we mean it." Agreed and thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My hubby and I stayed for two nights in room 130 and it was like being in a tree house! Great views of the ocean and the beach up from in the trees. We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is older but the rooms are clean and the people working there are the best! They have a wonderful spa and great food! Can't get much better than this!

Room Tip: The only room I know about is 130 and it really was the best. My hubby love it!
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We loved this sprawling Inn by the sea in Little River. Our room was lovely if a bit dated, but very well-appointed, with fireplace and a shared balcony with an amazing view of the ocean that we just couldn't get enough of. The room had a great bed, flat-screen with cable, Wi-Fi, fridge in the bathroom, and coffeemaker. There is no A/C, but you don't really need it up here. Very quiet at night. We walked over to their dining room for dinner both nights that we were there - great food! Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: any ocean view room
1  Thank snooksinK.C.
#3 of 23 in Fort Bragg
Heritage House Resort
Heritage House Resort
#2 of 2 in Little River

Been to Little River Inn? Share your experiences!