“Not happy with service from manager”

Hilton Garden Inn Livermore
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Not happy with service from manager she was very unhappy that she had to go out of her way to help with my problem due to a corporate credit card . It was nearly an hour before resolution and I was somewhat tired due to a long day of traveling and meetings . It should not be such an obvious unpleasurable experience to try and book a room for one night and this young lady should be happy she is able to work and provide for her family . maybe smile .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here with the family at the end of our vacation. I have always had a good experience with Hilton Garden Inn's and this one did not let me down. Nice staff, great hot tub and pool. Overall A+. Front Desk staff were helpful and very nice. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was surprised. We just needed to stay for one evening while visiting the Livermore wine country, but for the price and location, this was a very nice place to stay. We were on a Valentine's Day weekend adventure.
Clean, easy freeway access, friendly, and tons of amenities. I would definitely suggest this place the next time you are looking for a hotel in Livermore, CA.

Room Tip: Our room was across from the elevator and the pool, so you should ask for one further down the hall...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

As already pointed out, the public areas of this hotel are under construction. It looks like they will be quite nice when completed.

Personally, though, I would have preferred updates to the rooms, which are rather dated. In that regard: The old-style phones are the sort with lots of specialized hotel service buttons, albeit none for the usual wake up call (and no reference to wake up service in the in-room brochure, so I trusted to the alarm clock instead--which fortunately was a very nice simple design that was easy to use). Easy check-out was supposed to take place using a special button on the phone, but neither my button nor the buttons in my two colleagues' rooms seemed to work, so we checked out the old-fashioned way: at the front desk. I also had difficulty with the switch on my bedside lamp, which was not functioning properly. One colleague was put in a room where the heater didn't work, and was given a space heater to get by with! If upgrades to the rooms are in the works, I would also suggest installing some kind of night light (the kind that are built in to some hair dryer units is one easy solution). On the plus side, a Keurig coffee maker in the room was a nice touch, as were the comforters that were washed with every visit.

My biggest beef, however, was that the information provided in the room devoted three pages to the hotel restaurant menu; but when I called down for room service around 8:15 PM after a long food-less flight from the East coast, a voice mail message instructed me to leave a message with my room number and they'd get back to me. That never happened. It turned out I hadn't been told or noticed that the restaurant was closed during the renovations. I understand this happens--but why leave literature in the room and a message on the answering machine that are misleading?

Perhaps things will get better organized when the renovation is complete.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My friend and I stayed there on a girl's trip to California (from Tx) for 4 nights. The staff was relatively nice, but that is about the only positive experience of the entire trip.

-We had to get our card keys reactivated 1-2 times per day.... which left us stranded outside at midnight a few times.

-The fire alarm went off several times per day, including in the middle of the night when we were sound asleep. When we complained, we were told that someone was smoking and they were sorry.

-We told them not to charge the card we reserved the room under and we would pay cash when we left. They charged the card and then we had to wait 4 business days for it to be refunded back to the card.

-We asked to speak to a manager when we checked out, but none were available. They took our names and said they would call us the next day. It is two weeks later and we still have not received a call.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This Hilton Garden Inn is clustered with several other mid-range hotels right off a freeway exit outside of Livermore. It's easy to find and has plenty of parking.

The hotel web and e-mailed reservation confirmation warned that the hotel lobby was under construction. As a result, the main entrance is obscured by plastic and tarps, and there is little room for gathering at the front desk. These diminished features had little effect on the quality of our stay.

My mother and I arrived late on a Thursday night after a drive from the San Francisco airport. I had called in the afternoon to alert the receptionist about our timing. She thanked me for the notice, and then greeted us enthusiastically when we introduced ourselves for check in. The process took just a few seconds, and we were on our way to the room.

We clearly were traveling at a slow time, because the hotel seemed very empty. As such, it was very quiet and calm. We heard virtually no noise from other guests.

Our one bedroom suite was located in the back of the hotel, right next an exit. We were able to park just steps from the door. There were no problems with the room, which was furnished with a king sized bed, a pull out sofa, two televisions, desk, mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The bed was soft for my taste, but the massage setting on the high quality shower head balanced a little tossing and turning at night. The Neutrogena toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion) were a nice appointment. We had no trouble with the wi-fi network.

We had breakfast at the hotel on three mornings. The buffet was complete, if a bit limited, so we felt it was a little repetitive. It included various cereals, an assortment of fruit, and made-to-order eggs. The servers were always friendly and attentive, and we found the breakfast to be good value.

Our stay presented no problems, and we would be happy to return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a problem with room I was given. The hotel was pretty empty and I should have been given a great room since I am a Diamond member. Had small room with a big air conditioner located outside my window blocking any view I might have had. I called the manager and all he did was give excuses - no apology at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends