“What a lovely night!”

Hilton Garden Inn Livermore
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I arrived at this hotel thinking that my second night in N. Cal was confirmed here but no! I checked and I was supposed to be at another Hilton property. They called cancelled my reservation and offered me a very fair rate to stay the night upgrading me to a two room suite with a fire place and spa tub. Fantastic! I ate in their restaurant which was very good and excellent service. The breakfast buffet was super offering freshly cooked eggs and omelets. Ordering poached eggs was not a problem, fresh fruit, oatmeal and all the other items you wish for. I then received my bill and a thank you note via email. With traveling so much it is such a pleasure to be given the royal treatment by the staff. Thank all I very much enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: My first stay and it was luxury

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed over, while attending a terrific b'day party, so the building was full of extended family, and friends.

Grace at the front desk, was lovely, accommodating, and very personable, and set the tone for our short over night stay from the get go.

The hot tub heater was broken, this was a disappointment. The location was terrific, and wonderfully quiet. Clearly this neighborhood of Motels / Hotels is geared for the MF business traveler crowd.

It was just a nice stay.

Room Tip: we had a wonderful dinner at The Cattelmen's Steak House, it was very easy to fine, but go early...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank klamathkennedys
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for a week on vacation with two friends. The hotel has recently been renovated and is very nice inside and out. Where to start. There was always someone on reception and every time we passed they always said hello, and asked what we were up to, and gave us useful advise of where and how to go places, called cabs for us every day which arrived in ten mins each time. They tried to get the outside heaters working but unfortunately with no luck but they tried!!!

There is a swimming pool and a small gym which we went to each morning. There are 3 running machines, lots of weights and a sauna, and plenty of towels, and a toilet but no showers so you have to go back to your room for that. The room was very good, quiet there is no traffic noise as it is off the main road, had a air con / heater and a good shower / bath. TV was ok but as an Englishman didn't have any English channels apart from BBC worldwide, but we did watch the Australian F1 GP so that was good.

Breakfast was good you could have full American / English, plenty of OJ and coffee, the service was excellent. As there are lots of hotels in the area this one was fairly quiet which I thought was quite nice. The evening meals were really good, although guys, please don't bring us the main meals until we finish the starters, I did point that out!!! The bar is open from 16:30 til 00:30 and the bar staff are great. I am not sure about having to tip for breakfast, drinks and dinner, but that is a standard American thing not just isolated to this hotel.

If you want to go to San Francisco, you come out of the hotel, turn right up Constitution drive, at the top go left and across the road there is a bus stop. The number 12 goes every hour from 08:51 into Dublin and costs $2.00 which you put into the machine by the driver (Wendy). It takes 15 mins to get to Dublin. Then you get the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transport) to San Francisco, this costs you $5.95 and takes you to the centre in 40 mins. From there you do what you want. Hotel has plenty of parking and overall was great. If you are looking to explore SF it is better to get a hotel in SF as the travelling soon takes its toll each day. But I do recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms are on two floors with a lift, it doesn't really matter which room you are in
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Compared to other Hilton properties I've stayed at, the room is among the nicest, with comfortable beds and linens and good sized bath towels. Now if only their wifi wasn't so iffy and they had more outlets around the desk for a road warrior to recharge his gadgets.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, tidy and well furnished. Did not use the pool but it looked very nice. Workout room was just enough. Will definitely stay here again or at any other Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at this location at the start of March and was treated very well by all of the staff. My room was quiet and comfortable and the bed and pillow selection was great. The hotel lobby has been recently remodeled and was very modern and appealing. My favorite feature was the new conference table and area to the side of the lobby.

They will cook breakfast to order and their selection is very good.

Parking is free and there is plenty of it. If you have an emergency, like a flight delay and cannot stay on the night of your reservation, just call them and they will work with you. The staff is outstandingly friendly and you feel at home from the time that you enter the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for their king suite room with the couch and work desk. This is a very nicely appointed room and...
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I pulled the sheets back on our first night and there was a hair on the sheets. The next day we had hair in the bathroom sink. Not ours. I ordered pancakes and they were served on a plate with dried egg. The server said "gross." Yes, gross is one word to describe it. The elevator permit expired June 2012.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family