“Very pleasant”

Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel, the employees were friendly & professional. The room was exceptional, large & quite comfortable. The location is easily accessible to other businesses & the freeway. It was quiet, nice view from window. Would definitely stay there again on my way through the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Needs a new owner, poor management,poor quality of mattress,pillows ,cooling system,the stuff seems unorganized and we couldn't watch on demand TV they didn't have it.The hotel looks dated.My husband and I were disappointed and did not have a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
headgrape, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I was sorry to read of your experience at our hotel recently, and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are all about the "guest experience" here, so much in fact that we are the only hotel in the Tri-valley area that has recently undergone a complete remodel. We completely redecorated both our public space and guest rooms including all new carpets and furnishings, new beds from a very famous brand with an excellent reputation, and 42 inch flat screen HDTVs with 7 premium movie channels and over 150 others. All of this is offered to all of our guests at no additional expense. Again, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and hope that you will try us again in the future. We have hundreds of satisfied guest every month and I am confident that yours was an isolated incidence.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We loved staying at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn. A friendly, lovely staff greeted us . The phone reservations were great too. We had a quiet, comfortable 3rd. floor room. Beds were great. My son in law has back problems but had no trouble with these beds. The lobby was lovely and the breakfast area too. Nice selection of selectable goodies and egg, sausage and cheese sandwiches. Lots of choices. We loved it here and found it to be much nicer than staying in the noisy city of San Francisco. We will stay here from now on.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank betsybubbles
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wonderful stay here which I was pleasantly surprised at. One of the Best Western's I have ever stayed at. The person at the desk got us a taxi and was very helpful answering all our questions. I will definitely stay here again it is nice to get taxi service while wine tasting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel is newer with very comfortable rooms and all your standard amenities, Wi-Fi, microwave, refrigerator, flat screen television and single cup coffee maker. Nice pool and exercise room. What it lacks are local restaurants, none close or within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 queen room. The room had plenty of floor space to drop an air mattress. The beds were great. The room was quiet.

Every hotel planner should note this: it is wonderful that the vanity is outside of the bathroom. This should be a standard for all 2 queen rooms. We all do our busines, and no one wants to share a bathroom with 3-4 others, and it should be separate from the sink area every time. This is now a requirement for me moving forward.

Management needs to watch the breakfast a bit. The milk was sour. The waffle mix was out. The desk clerk was also in charge of the breakfast and had his hands full. Overall, a good selection.

One tip to the managemen, and I see this often: arrange the layout so you don't get a crowd at the corner of the counter. Try placing the microwave and a rack of grab n go items there, not both the coffee and juice dispensers, where it bottlenecks.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank marcjenks
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here recently on a trip to Hayward. The hotel and rooms are very new and even though it’s next to the freeway I didn’t hear any traffic noise. The room was clean and well appointed, all at a very reasonable price for the area. The only problem I had was upon check in I asked for a room with no door to the unit next to it (Best Westerns seem to like to do this). The girl at the counter said that I had been put in one of those rooms so she would switch me to a room on the first floor that didn’t have an adjoining door. After unloading the car and getting to the room it did in fact have a door to the unit next to it and was also right next to the stairwell. I suppose I should have gone back and said something but I was just too tired at that point. I heard the couple next to me arguing several times during the evening and footsteps/door slamming in the stairwell until quite late. I would stay here again but would definitely make sure I don’t get adjoining rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo