“A perfect getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa
San Jose, California
“A perfect getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

The Purple Orchid exceeded our expectations in every way. We were warmly greeted by Erin at the end of welcome hour and were offered wine, cheese and olives. We met other guests who hosted a corporate retreat there that same day and they raved about their meeting experience. The spa, pool, grounds and accommodations are beautiful, comfortable and well-appointed with wine themes throughout. There are jacuzzi jets in most (if not all) of the guestrooms, a made-to-order breakfast was included. I had one of the most amazing deep tissue massages ever by Leah. Derek and Rhiannan (owners) are approachable and hospitable and deserve every bit of positive PR, accolades and awards that are sure to come. Everywhere we went, we were raving about the Purple Orchid, and locals were surprised to hear that the inn has been transformed in to something uniquely special.

My background is in luxury hospitalty sales and customer service consulting so I'm not easy to please, but this place won me over. We can't wait to return! Well worth every penny.

Room Tip: We had one of the smaller rooms, the Olive Room and it was perfectly comfortable with a nice firepla...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Michelle D
Rhiannon_and_Derek, Rhiannon Eddy, Proprietor at The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
I can't begin to express how flattered I was to read your review, Michelle! I immediately had to share it with rest of the team! We work hard to go above and beyond your expectations, so your compliments are much appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to sing our praises, and come back soon! We'd love to have you back.

Rhiannon Eddy, Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pleasanton, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We live in Livermore but wanted an overnight getaway and the Purple Orchid was the perfect choice. Very inviting and relaxing. The room, the pool, the breakfast and the relaxed pace, everything for a quick recharge. Highly recommended. The new owners have done a wonderful job transforming the inn.

6 Thank CACowboy83
Rhiannon_and_Derek, Rhiannon Eddy, Proprietor at The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
We all deserve a "quick recharge" every once in a while, and I'm pleased that you think we're the perfect spot to do such! Hopefully, we'll get the chance to welcome you back soon. Thank you for the kind review you left last August, and take care.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

My wife and I had a mid week stay while we were off work. The pool area is amazing, the sound of the waterfall was soothing, so relaxing and only 20 minutes from our house. Rooms are very nice, this is the second time we have stayed. Very nice amenities, each room is unique. I am amazed at how quiet the area is, hard to believe it is only 45 minute drive from San Francisco. I strongly reccomend to visitors to the area and locals as well. Breakfast was very good, we weer served while sitting by the pool, sipping coffee.

5 Thank Jfeil
Thank you for sharing your lovely experience with others! I's always a treat to welcome you and your wife to our resort. Have you had a chance to try any of our spa services as well? They add a special touch to any visit!

We hope to see you soon. Thanks again for reviewing us last August, and take care!

Litchfield Park, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I stayed there during this past weekend (4 days total) and it was a fantastic experience The staff was very attentive, the meals were delicious, the spa services were absolutely great.

The property is very scenic, only minutes away from downtown but even closer to many of the winery's in the area. Everything is only minutes away. Derrick (the owner) made it a point to know my name and checked on us whenever he saw us. The facilities offered are perfect for personal gatherings and special events. There was a bridal shower there the weekend we were there. A great experience all around. We will definitely re-visit the Purple Orchid Inn. Highly recommend.

6 Thank Miguel G
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation, Miguel! Although a few months have passed, we appreciate you continuing to lend your support with such kind words.

I was wondering, did you and your wife have a chance to see our olive orchard when you looked around the property? It's absolutely beautiful!

We hope to welcome you back soon! Thanks again, and take care.

Livermore, Calif.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We had a wonderful overnight get a way at a beautiful spot. Had a gorgeous room with a patio out to the pool. Relaxed by the pool in the afternoon with lime ice water brought to us. The staff and owners are very friendly and personable. Breakfast was delicious, had that out by the pool also. We loved every second we were there.
Lynne

Room Tip: Our room was fantastic, all the rooms looked good, some bigger with larger bathrooms, all were excel...
1 Thank loalynne
Loved hearing about your wonderful stay, Lynne. Few things are more enjoyable than lounging by the pool with a good book and a tall glass of lime ice water! Thank you for sharing this great experience with others on TripAdvisor last August. We hope to welcome you back soon! Until then, take care.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I'll preface my review by saying that I've lived in Livermore my whole life and had never been to the Purple Orchid until this year. Now that I know about it, it will definitely be my #1 go-to place for a staycation or spa day!

So, my fiance and I got engaged in February and started our wedding venue search in March. We visited 7 other venues that turned out to be either "Maybe"s or "Hell No!"s. For as long as I can remember I've always dreamed of getting married at a Livermore winery and all of the other venues we viewed were wineries. Honestly, I'm really not sure why we even decided to take a look at the Purple Orchid, but as soon as we drove up we were instantly wowed! The Inn is tucked away in the back roads of Livermore and surrounded by a gorgeous Olive Orchard. Olive trees line the driveway which makes you feel like you're driving into your own private oasis. We parked our car and quickly fell in love with the place where we will say our 'I do's in exactly one year from today :-)

When we met with Rhiannon, one of the owners, she gave us a tour of the property and even showed us a few of the rooms. The grounds are lush and green with roses everywhere and the perfect pool to lounge by with a glass of wine. The rooms are cozy, clean, spacious, and sort of 'modern country'. In particular, the suites are enormous! The recently redecorated spa is well appointed with lavender walls and lush furnishings; I can't wait to come back for a girls' spa day!

I also recently bought a Local Gruv deal for a one night stay here and a couple of weeks ago we were finally able to use our deal. We stayed in the Wilderness Retreat and had an amazing time! I only take away one star because we did have a few maintenance issues in our room. Our blinds were broken, the bathroom faucet only poured hot water, and we couldn't get the fireplace to start. None of these things at all hindered us from having a wonderful stay and when I noted these things to the front desk at checkout she was really kind, apologetic, and thankful that we let her know.

The best part of the Purple Orchid is the great service. The owners are warm and welcoming and their staff is equally wonderful. Upon check-in we received a complimentary glass of wine (from their daily wine & cheese reception) and were shown to our room. Both evening and morning we used the hot tub and relaxed poolside; the staff made sure we were enjoying ourselves and regularly checked in to see if we needed anything. And I can't forget to mention the delicious breakfast, as soon as we walked downstairs in the morning we were greeted and promptly served our omelet, fruit, breakfast burrito, and potatoes, Yummm!

If you are visiting Livermore or even if you are from the area and just need some R&R, I highly recommending booking a stay or spa day at the Purple Orchid, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KayEmKay
We're looking forward to the big day! Honored that you and your fiance decided to have your wedding at The Purple Orchid. It is going to be absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for bringing some of the repairs needed in the room to our attention. We have since done the repairs and the fireplaces are now on for the winter season to warm the rooms.

Thank you so much for singing our praises on TripAdvisor last July. Your kind words and support are greatly appreciated, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Last night my husband & I stayed at the Purple Orchid and we left completely rested and relaxed. From the gracious staff, wonderful pool/spa time, beautiful room with a view, and delicious breakfast, we enjoyed every minute of our stay. We look forward to returning to the resort sooner rather than later!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank KtJoven
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livermore
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country
Hilton Garden Inn Livermore
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Livermore

Been to The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa? Share your experiences!