AFTER I booked this B&B (all rooms) for my family and friends to stay at for our wedding (our wedding was at a nearby winery) they proceeded to book a wedding at the site. We only found out because the onsite wedding coordinator was kind enough to give us a heads up there may be no parking when we returned from our wedding (i.e my 80 year-old mother-in-law may end up walking a half a mile on a dirt road in the dark). They also told us that we would not have the place to ourselves on Friday which we had planned to have the rehearsal dinner at the B&B, but we would have to share it with the rehearsal of the onsite wedding. The point of renting out ALL the rooms was to have the B&B to ourselves. When I attempted to cancel (I didn't sign a contract) no one involved would return my calls including the manager or the owner. The receptionist started playing dumb when I would call, pretending not to know me when I gave my name, even though I spoke with her several times a week (almost everyday near the end). The poor wedding coordinator was the only one who would answer my calls or messages which wasn't her job at all. Kudos to her and her customer service. After mentioning that we had already contacted our lawyer (which we really had) they offered to give us our money back minus a $300+ deposit!!! FOR WHAT causing us a huge hassle? We were advised to take it and be done with the Purple Orchid. I've read several other reviews on various sites where they've double booked and stranded already stressed out brides. DON'T give them your money or your business!! They don't deserve it!! We ended up renting out several rooms at one of the chain hotels and they were AMAZING to deal with!! And my mother-in-law wasn't walking in her fancy dress on a dirt road in the dark!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a striking destination inspired by an extraordinary landscape melding the offerings of valley wine tasting, outdoor recreation and renowned spa treatments. Embrace the warm & unsurpassed beauty of the Livermore valley. The Purple Orchid features ten rooms and suites designed for the relaxation and comfort of our guests. Experience the tranquility of the property as you relax in the modern country rooms complete with fireplaces and private Jacuzzi tubs.As a guest of the Purple Orchid, we invite you to walk through our rose gardens before relaxing and socializing in one of our many common areas. Then join us for "Gathering Hour", take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or unwind in the hot tubs. And don't forget to visit our Spa for pampering and rejuvenation of the mind and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Purple Orchid Wine Country & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Purple Orchid Hotel Livermore
- Purple Orchid Inn, Resort And Spa